Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What do you usually do on your arcade visits?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JC_Denton46
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: What do you usually do on your arcade visits? Reply with quote

I think it's interesting what different people tend to do with there arcade visits

Some play 5+ times while going all out, some just casually play once on the occasion and just try to have fun

I'll start: I always play about 5+ times

I usually do my first three songs something around 7-9's

I always start with 1998, and I always fit in A and Breakdown in there somewhere

Then I always end my last song trying to pass Max 300 lol

What about you all?
That guy with the afro...
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check to see any familiar faces

Whip out my camera if I do

Record

Sometimes play random rounds of DDR (usually finish off with PARANOiA to try and get a AAA or some challenge course)
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last two visits consisted of hacking on songs and cleaning/modifying the pads.
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the arcade.

When I first arrive I generally meet and greet with those I already know.

I start off with some easy stuff and work my way up to the hard stuff. Usually I play for 1-2 hours per visit.

At the arcade I played at in college, I used to be the person who fixed the pads by moving dead sensors around to optimize the playability of the pad. It was cool, 'cause the people who worked there knew I had more knowledge on the game than their actual techs. I got a lot of DDR pad cleaning experience from that place...and some free games for my time spent. happy.gif

Oh yeah, if I go to an arcade with a group of friends, we almost always go for dinner afterwords. BJs Brewery FTW!

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually stop and buy something to drink first, usually Vitamin Water or Gatorade, and then walk to the arcade and get some quarters. Then I'll play a few rounds of DDR, get dirty looks from dumb mallrats, and go and eat somewhere and/or go to stores in the mall. When I'm done eating I'll go back and play a couple more rounds.

The times I don't go to the mall to play DDR, it's usually a similar routine with some changes: get something to drink, get quarters/tokens, play a few rounds, and then take a break and play air hockey or Time Crisis. I'll then play a couple more rounds and then leave.
View users profile Send private message
SML2.THV
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I usually get my credits if I don't already have some. I'll sometimes BS with some cool employees, then go to the machine and play some customs on our R21. If there are people waiting, I'll go and play some Guitar Hero Arcade so I can hear dumbasses who think I can't hear them mutter about playing a real guitar, which I do E4.gif. After a few rounds, I get some nachos and fruit punch, play some more ITG/GH, then leave.
chennymountain
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By some strange thing in my brain, I get there, play a pretty hard song (usually something like Sakura or Rhythm and Police), I get really tired, play something easy like 321 Stars or A, then as a final stage, play something hard again. I usually play 2 games of that then I go home.

Toraie
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this weird thing where, if I'm learning a song (currently, Across the Nightmare Oni), then I'll play it first in the set. Next will be a song I like, maybe Afronova or TwinBee; something relatively easy and fun. 3rd stage, if it's not the final, will be another song like the first: one that I want to practice and learn. Final stage is usually a Max or a Paranoia, and then I go talk to the manager for an hour or something. xD Sometimes I play again if conversation lulls, or if he goes off to the MvC2 machine. 's all good at Tilt.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Slayer³
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually grab a drink (water or water with tablet for electrolytes), bring a cliff bar with me, then meet and greet.

If it's not funworld I take off my shoes near the pad and play bf.
(funworld no longer allows this) Unless I'm going for a 12+

I tend to play a few ITG sets, then do a DDR course or 2.
Usually I bar my first 2 sets, then no bar a set or 2, then work on my stamina for ITG. I'm trying to pass V² doubles and Hasse Miche (failed on the damn rolls at the very end ><).

Style:
DDR I play modless no bar, mostly challenge courses
ITG I sometimes no bar, usually bar + mod the crap out of the game.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first played in an arcade earlier this year, and have played a further 4 times since, each time I've been disappointed at the fact that there aren't many people in the arcades. I then get over it, exchange a few dollars, then play anywhere between 3 and 9 songs, and I'm always dead by the end of it.

If I play on the extreme machine, I die faster due to the pads being practically dead. I still dream about buying that machine though.
If I go down the street and play on the converted SN2 machine, I'll play the exact same songs as I play at home because I don't want to waste my money by failing.
I mean it sounds stingy, but it's $2 a game here in NZ. If I played for an hour at an arcade, even with 2 minute long songs, I'd have downed $20.
So it's much cheaper to play at home on my lovely homepad, which despite being not as much fun, is much lighter on the pockets.

I think I'll have to play ITG 2 at some point, since there's a converted machine with the ability to use custom songs, which I spose would be nice.
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$2 a game eh? Dang that's a lot of money. I can't blame you for wanting to buy your own machine at that price.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty standard over here. My favourite arcade back around 10 years ago had most of its games for 20c, 50c or $1. Unfortunately I didn't know about DDR back then, but I don't think they had it there anyway. About the biggest games they did have were a massive metal slug 3 for $1, and this skateboard sim that had a board controller for $2. That was pretty cool.
It's been dead for ages though, more than 7 years now.

There's only one major arcade chain in NZ now, which is TimeZone, but they tend to be a bit expensive due to them only using premium games for the most profit. The alternative is the arcades in the movies, but their game selection is rather limited, and they're still pretty expensive. (That's where the bad extreme machine is.... it's $2, not even doubles on one credit, plus they've turned fail to end of song due to the pads being so naff/ not enough people playing it)

Edit- I do want to buy my own machine, but they would be really expensive, and if I got one it would have to be already in NZ, because the cost of shipping one over here would be more than a deposit on a house. Hence why I want the cinema's extreme machine, then I can fix it up.
But then I only earn $50 a week atm.... and have no room for it....

DAMNIT
frust.gif

Ahwell. I'm happy enough with my home setup.... for now...
Da-Risin-Smoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, grab a pitcher of water, warm up, maybe play some Time Crisis and/or Initial D (Subaru ftw!).

Our card slots don't work; either you take 5 minutes to try to balance the card with a penny and/or you get a bunch of errors and won't read the card.

Even once you get it loaded (if you're lucky) only 1/3 of your songs would load.

The machine at Tukwila/Seattle is like so luxurious compared to ours.
I eat mop, who?
Haha, you eat your poo.
Groovestats
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Haoie
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play, rest, and leave.

I've been cutting back on costs lately, not going as often as I used to.
Tonight
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: