Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dance Dance Revolution X (AC) confirmed: New arcade DDR Mix!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A2P
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game looks freakin' awesome right here.

The only thing I hope for is that the "Shock Arrows" aren't similar to the regular arrows, or even disguised as such. That would be a catastrophe right there. And I hear that Konami is going to drop Betson!
Ghettobarney
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've figured it out!

You know those pipe things? Well, if you accidentally hit a shock arrow, they SHOOT ELECTRIC BOLTS AT YOU! Eh? Eh? Ok mabye not...

OMG I BEETS MACKS 300!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
mikebolt
Basic Member
Basic Member

62. PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamespot wrote:

When it first appeared in arcades, Dance Dance Revolution captivated a wide range of players with its infectious beats and exciting rhythmic gameplay. After a decade of growth and appearances on many platforms, DDR is celebrating its tenth anniversary with Dance Dance Revolution X on the PlayStation 2. A few new features and some classic songs from the series' history make DDRX a game to watch for dance fans everywhere.

The classic gameplay style remains unchanged as players will yet again be challenged to step on the appropriate arrows in time with the song. Unlike previous DDR titles, however, DDRX will grade dancers on a scale of 1-13 as opposed to 1-10. This slightly broader scale means that DDRX scores won't precisely match up with those from other games, but it won't materially affect gameplay. There are five difficulty levels that range from Basic to Expert and include Challenge, a mode that features a few wacky step icons like the shock step, which must be avoided rather than hit.

The song list is robust and features significantly more tracks than most DDR titles. Longtime fans of the series will be pleased to note that a number of DDR classics, notably Butterfly and DUB-I-DUB, will be included in DDRX. Whether you've been a fan for years or haven't yet set foot on the dance pad, DDRX looks to be another solid title in this venerable series. Look for it on the PlayStation 2 this fall, and keep an eye here for more information and more tracks as the release date approaches.
-GameSpot

Found this article on the front of bemanistyle. The shock arrows are indeed like mines from ITG. The shock arrows only appear in challenge courses, along with possibly other new types of arrows. I figure basic-expert will stay the same as throughout all the other ddr mixes, but challenge will be more like the itg expert charts. Hopefully this means that every song will have a challenge chart now. Also, the foot rating goes up to 13, which is what I assume the guy means by "grading dancers". ddr is taking a big step in the itg direction and i can't complain.

on another note, is thursday really the location test? if so then we can figure out what these other arrows are.
View users profile Send private message Send email
That guy with the afro...
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamespot wrote:
The classic gameplay style remains unchanged as players will yet again be challenged to step on the appropriate arrows in time with the song. Unlike previous DDR titles, however, DDRX will grade dancers on a scale of 1-13 as opposed to 1-10.

I thought I was going to be a whole lot more bothered about this. But I seem to excuse it seeing as 11 is Butterfly on challenge. Almost like they're clearing up the congestion in the 7-9 foot section than making difficulties harder than 10. Which was probably more of a problem than Paranoia Survivor being on the same level as FELMO.

Though now I have a new concern. If Butterfly Challenge was an 8 and now is an 11, does that mean that Paranoia Survivor is gonna be a 13 like FELMO? At least make 8s 10s so 12s and 13s would be the different intensities of 10s.

Wow, that looks so confusing.

Quote:
This slightly broader scale means that DDRX scores won't precisely match up with those from other games, but it won't materially affect gameplay. There are five difficulty levels that range from Basic to Expert and include Challenge, a mode that features a few wacky step icons like the shock step, which must be avoided rather than hit.

So some folk over at Zenius-i-vanisher pointed out something regarding that last sentence. Haven't checked if they cleared that problem up. Look at how it says "Basic to Expert" and then includes "Challenge", adding a comma and mentioning the shock steps. I'l like to think that they meant it would be a modifier, but they way they worded that makes it sound like they're saying Challenge has shock steps. Then again, that probably wouldn't work, having Challenge being the shock step difficulty, because we already established that Butterfly Challenge is also in.

Quote:
The song list is robust and features significantly more tracks than most DDR titles. Longtime fans of the series will be pleased to note that a number of DDR classics, notably Butterfly and DUB-I-DUB, will be included in DDRX. Whether you've been a fan for years or haven't yet set foot on the dance pad, DDRX looks to be another solid title in this venerable series. Look for it on the PlayStation 2 this fall, and keep an eye here for more information and more tracks as the release date approaches.
-GameSpot

Good, good. We're gonna have a catch up mix for Amerikans. though now I wonder how they're gonna make up for what they couldn't make up now.
Auspher
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/ddr/entry/6.html

This points to the rating being changed to 1-20, not 1-13. That makes sense in Butterfly Oni's case.
Pie~
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, apparently Butterfly Oni was moved down to Heavy, and it and Dub-I-Dub got new oni charts...

That are basically just the Basic charts with shock arrows.
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie~ wrote:
Yeah, apparently Butterfly Oni was moved down to Heavy, and it and Dub-I-Dub got new oni charts...

Are you being serious?
Basic Member
Basic Member

67. PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be that challenge charts are challenge charts are independeant of difficulty, I.E. one song's challenge chart could be a one while another song's chart is a 13. That would be cool, but as long as there are enough decently challenging chart's i'll be happy.
View users profile Send private message Send email
That guy with the afro...
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie~ wrote:

This ain't gonna make people happy. Getting rid of charts for cheap gimmicks.

Also, disregard my entire rant. It was before I read the info on the location test... with that 1-20 which makes a whole lot more sense and is actually more tolerable than 1-13. Such a weird number...
Auspher
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Every SuperNOVA2 (PS2) (Japan) exclusive song is in the game. (ミーヤ)
2. Series categories have been revived. (ミーヤ)
3. EXPERT songs and under, level 1-10 in yellow, 11+ in red. (ミーヤ)
4. UP/DOWN buttons added. (2ch)
5. FINAL STAGE EXCLUSIVE: SABER WING / TAG (4/8/10/13/-) (ミーヤ) (Notes: TAG is a GF&DM artist and does has done stepcharts on previous DDRs)
6. Fascination MAXX SINGLE EXPERT = Level 17 (2ch)
7. Pluto Relinquish SINGLE EXPERT = Level 17 (2ch)
8. Shock arrows cause combo breaks and life damage. (2ch)
9. A bunch of old songs use generic videos. (2ch)
10. Old licenses and deletions not seen yet. (2ch)
11. Dance Celebration / Bill Hamel feat.kevens / BPM 130 (2/4/8/11) (5/7/10)
12. Dance Floor / neuras feat.Yurai / BPM 120 (2/5/6/9) (-/-/-)
13. Flourish / sonic-coll. feat. frances maya / BPM 152 (2/5/8/10) (-/-/-)
14. Inspiration / DKC Crew / BPM 147 (2/5/7/9) (-/-/-)
15. Party Lights / Tommie Sunshine / BPM 130 (-/-/-/-) (4/6/9)
16. Taj He Spitz / DKC Crew / BPM 107 (2/4/7/10) (-/-/-)
17. Tracers (4Beat Remix) / Ruffage&Size / BPM 140 (2/5/7/10) (-/-/-)
18. SAGA / Veeton / BPM / (-/-/-/-) (-/-/-)
19. The flower in your smile / TACOS NAOMI feat.小久保裕之 / BPM / (-/-/-/-) (-/-/-)
20. TimeHollow / Masanori Akita / BPM / (-/-/-/-) (-/-/-)
21. SABER WING / TAG (4/8/10/13/-) (8/10/12)

I'll be adding new songs to the announcement thread as they come in.
Lenoh
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auspher wrote:
1. Every SuperNOVA2 (PS2) (Japan) exclusive song is in the game. (ミーヤ)
2. Series categories have been revived. (ミーヤ)
3. EXPERT songs and under, level 1-10 in yellow, 11+ in red. (ミーヤ)
4. UP/DOWN buttons added. (2ch)
5. FINAL STAGE EXCLUSIVE: SABER WING / TAG (4/8/10/13/-) (ミーヤ) (Notes: TAG is a GF&DM artist and does has done stepcharts on previous DDRs)
6. Fascination MAXX SINGLE EXPERT = Level 17 (2ch)
7. Pluto Relinquish SINGLE EXPERT = Level 17 (2ch)
8. Shock arrows cause combo breaks and life damage. (2ch)
9. A bunch of old songs use generic videos. (2ch)
10. Old licenses and deletions not seen yet. (2ch)

1. Woohoo biggrin.gif
2. Again, woohoo.
3. *facepalm* Well, it's not as bad as un-redding the previous MAX song of the series.
4. I don't know how to feel. Perhaps we get the old 486486 on the actual cab now, or are arrowstomp codes going to remain in?
5. Watch this become the new "volcano" laugh.gif
6&7. WHO CARES devil.gif
8. lolmines. Way to use your ITG conquest, Failnami laugh.gif
9. As expected. Dub-I-Dub doesn't deserve its own vid anyway E13.gif
10. ...meaning Hot Limit has a chance of being in on the DanceManiaX side? erm.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
TimeSpaceMage
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info from ZIV, since it's not mentioned here:

al2k4 wrote:
More info:

SHOCK ARROWS
Stepping on shock arrows will cause damage to lifebar, break combo and will cause momentary stealth. Shock arrows are displayed as white arrows with a lightning effect around it. Avoiding the shock arrows will give OK, but stepping on one will give NG.

Songs with shock arrows have an icon shown during MUSIC SELECT. When you select a song with shock arrows, the SHOCK ARROW help message is displayed.

In Air Force DEP, shipping out August 12th.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Coolkid27
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR's 10th Annivesary --- I was expecting something a lot more than a Hip-Hop theme. DDR in my mind is not about Hip Hop (Didn't we get enough of that in Urban Dance Grooves game?)

I thought DDR X would also be nostalgic and include fun things such as 3rd mix Themes, character designs from years ago, the old announcer at times...you know, just some cool call-backs to the years when DDR was amazing.

This seems just like a regular new release, even mediocre, and nothing more special than what we've been getting. Kind of a disappointment. I"m excited to see final product, but I am wary. Let's hope Konami can change my mind.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
lazer1985
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

makes me wish i still played frown.gif
blazin
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh... I knew Konami wouldn't let us down. Time to get in shape, DDR STYLE! XD
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolkid27 wrote:
DDR's 10th Annivesary --- I was expecting something a lot more than a Hip-Hop theme. DDR in my mind is not about Hip Hop (Didn't we get enough of that in Urban Dance Grooves game?)

I thought DDR X would also be nostalgic and include fun things such as 3rd mix Themes, character designs from years ago, the old announcer at times...you know, just some cool call-backs to the years when DDR was amazing.

This seems just like a regular new release, even mediocre, and nothing more special than what we've been getting. Kind of a disappointment. I"m excited to see final product, but I am wary. Let's hope Konami can change my mind.

I wholeheartedly agree. They need to cater to the old school players sometimes. And that doesn't mean leaving in Look to the Sky, Orion .78, End of the Century, Captain Jack and Butterfly (I'm not being accurate here, but you get the point) in every new mix

I miss the old school DDR songs. Bring back 2nd Mix, 3rd Mix (hell even the Korean songs), 4th Mix, 5th Mix (a definite must) and MAX (it had some good songs that should not be MAX exclusives considering how hard it is to find MAX now and they're not on US home versions e.g. JOGA's Bye Bye Baby Balloon and Flashman's Flash In The Night).

It's already too late but if I could I'd throw in the old-school disc song change (a la 3rd Mix and under) just for sh!ts and giggles.

I don't read books... I read arrows!

Last edited by Michael_J_Tung on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
Auspher
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO NOT touch Flash In The Night's chart.
NOAAAH
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael_J_Tung wrote:
Coolkid27 wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree. They need to cater to the old school players sometimes. And that doesn't mean leaving in Look to the Sky, Orion .78, End of the Century, Captain Jack and Butterfly (I'm not being accurate here, but you get the point) in every new mix

I miss the old school DDR songs. Bring back 2nd Mix, 3rd Mix (hell even the Korean songs), 4th Mix, 5th Mix (a definite must) and MAX (it had some good songs that should not be MAX exclusives considering how hard it is to find MAX now and they're not on US home versions e.g. JOGA's Bye Bye Baby Balloon and Flashman's Flash In The Night).

It's already too late but if I could I'd throw in the old-school disc song change (a la 3rd Mix and under) just for sh!ts and giggles.

omfg if they brought back 3rd mix songs that would be SOO amazing I have the soundtrack and I'll probably buy the japanese version for the ps1 on ebay soon but GOD I miss those songs so much Dx

Anyways...

I am SO overjoyed that this is going to be made for the PS2,I was worried I would have to buy a new system for the new ddr games(excluding the crappy xbox games),and now I see that I don't biggrin.gif

Besides,I doubt I'll be getting a new system for the new ddrs,its pretty hard to get tired of the old ones,considering there are so many.

And as for USB,does this mean...Stepmania Charts????????????

8D
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how everyone is talking about shock arrows like they wernt in ddr disney already (or for that matter 1st mix where stepping on an arrow that didnt have something to stompy behind it got you a miss)
Basic Member
Basic Member

79. PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they don't mess with old charts to stick in these 'shock arrows', i'll be fine.

I still don't quiet understand how they are going to work this out onto a 20 rating scale, but then again they couldn't go to the 13 for obvious reasons.

Bleh, the light towers look cool but there probably just going to be something I can hang my towel on to block the light from, kind of like the spotlights. If they made the cab without those, it'd still look pretty decent.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: