Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ddr fading away
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morganna Mode'Gone
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctic Wolves wrote:
Linux is based off Unix, but they're not the same; any one of millions of nerds would wish they could punch you if you equated them.

ahaha, that's so true. I remember the days of those kinds of debates back in my programming classes. XD
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
ʎɐb sı ʞ01ɹǝɥs
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja N8 wrote:
I like the fact that I can keep track of my marvelouses in normal play. I wanted to see how much easier it would be to AAA, and in 5 weeks, that is the result. I bet you didn't notice the marvelous percentage though.

I like the fact that marv timing shows you just how offsync all the songs are. And yeah, Alex (? ? ?) and I have both sightread AAA'd crap on SN2 the few times we've bothered to play it, so you're not special. Oh wait, Alex also AAA'd Max 300 SMMM! And he did it in Solomon grind shoes. I forgot about that.

Ninja N8 wrote:
I could say that I can't take anyone seriously who joined last year, but hey, maybe I'm splitting hairs.

Yeah, he only joined last year. That must mean a lot about his skill level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPuJpeLIv2k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBs6Xughw3A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c50FJKpM1I

Well fancy that...those videos are kinda old, and they're still better than anything you could do! Must be some sort of fluke, since he only joined last year.
View users profile Send private message
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mute lol wrote:
I like the fact that marv timing shows you just how offsync all the songs are. And yeah, Alex (? ? ?) and I have both sightread AAA'd crap on SN2 the few times we've bothered to play it, so you're not special.

Aw, now I gotta go cry in my corner now cause I'm not special! Darn!

Quote:
Oh wait, Alex also AAA'd Max 300 SMMM! And he did it in Solomon grind shoes. I forgot about that.

Why would this matter to me?

mute lol wrote:
Yeah, he only joined last year. That must mean a lot about his skill level.

Naw, that wasn't exactly what I was pointing out. It's more like how you "interact with others".

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPuJpeLIv2k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBs6Xughw3A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c50FJKpM1I

They're still better than anything you could do!

LOL!!

Go to 8otb on the 26th and enter the r21 edits tournament. We will see about that. Bring your friend ? ? ? too.

I love the kiddies with their sweeping generalizations.

Just enter the tournament... I'll even fly you in from outta town.
QWERTYkid911
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funsize Tw!x wrote:
Please point out where I said that.

You didn't. I was just making a comment that your post inspired me to make.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Morganna Mode'Gone
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja N8 wrote:
Aw, now I gotta go cry in my corner now cause I'm not special! Darn!

No truly experienced player counts non-full perfect combos as AAA's. Why? Because they AREN'T AAA's. They just aren't.

Quote:
Naw, that wasn't exactly what I was pointing out. It's more like how you "interact with others".

To be honest, you saying this makes you a hypocrite. I am well aware that I am an ass on these boards, I have fun being one for no other reason other than the fact that I can. You are the same as us, you're just coming from a different side of the argument. I've seen you around the boards before, and you act the same as us. You give straight answers that aren't meant to be flames in some posts, and then there are posts in threads such as this.

Quote:
Why would this matter to me?

Because you're offering to fly us down so you can supposedly beat us in a tournament. You obviously believe that you can beat us in said tournament, so it's a display of one's accomplishments defending the fact that we know how to play.

Quote:
Go to 8otb on the 26th and enter the r21 edits tournament. We will see about that. Bring your friend ? ? ? too.

I love the kiddies with their sweeping generalizations.

The generalizations are coming from the fact that your ITG scores are really nothing to be proud of :/ Why edits if you don't even have good scores for a lot of the more difficult ITG songs? Edit tourneys suck, they're filled with scrubs that play songs on Stepmania 150+ times till it's basically ingrained into their skull, then whine when someone that has played it 200+ times beats them by 0.05%. Fun times, fun times indeed. If you really are that dead set on proving that you are better than either one of us, post a video of you beating one of the songs we have posted. I'm not going to travel just so I can play in a different shtty arcade than the one I already play in. No arcade is ever worth traveling to.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
IHYD.Blake
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

25. PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On an ITG machine, if you change a line in the StepMania.ini so that a custom folder you create acts as a stepmania folder would on your computer.

And concerning the wikipedia link, when I wiki something, I read the first sentence. Pretty sure ITG is a rhythm video game played on Linux. Idonno about christ danford, but close enough.

Also, Video games In the Groove and Pump It Up Pro use StepMania as its game engine.

anywho
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

? ? ? wrote:

No truly experienced player counts non-full perfect combos as AAA's. Why? Because they AREN'T AAA's. They just aren't.

Well, neither are tristars, but that doesn't stop people from recording them, right?

Quote:

To be honest, you saying this makes you a hypocrite. I am well aware that I am an ass on these boards, I have fun being one for no other reason other than the fact that I can. You are the same as us, you're just coming from a different side of the argument. I've seen you around the boards before, and you act the same as us. You give straight answers that aren't meant to be flames in some posts, and then there are posts in threads such as this.

Duly noted. You got me there.

Quote:

Because you're offering to fly us down so you can supposedly beat us in a tournament. You obviously believe that you can beat us in said tournament, so it's a display of one's accomplishments defending the fact that we know how to play.

It's one score. It doesn't really give a full dimension of your ability range. It just means you are good with speed runs. Have you done it shuffle? Have you AAAed Faxx? You get the picture.

Quote:

The generalizations are coming from the fact that your ITG scores are really nothing to be proud of :/

Dude, my ITG scores are over a year old and not even updated. I would use that the same as I would use season stats on a baseball player from two years ago - they don't reflect anything, except my ability roughly when the scores were updated, and even then it's just what I chose to update.

Quote:
Why edits if you don't even have good scores for a lot of the more difficult ITG songs? Edit tourneys suck, they're filled with scrubs that play songs on Stepmania 150+ times till it's basically ingrained into their skull, then whine when someone that has played it 200+ times beats them by 0.05%.

This isn't that kinda tournament - it's a blind edit tournament, so nobody knows what is coming. Also, this isn't your conventional "backyard" tournament. You do know what kinda stuff happens at 8otb, right?

Quote:
Fun times, fun times indeed. If you really are that dead set on proving that you are better than either one of us, post a video of you beating one of the songs we have posted.

Then why don't I just put up a video of me doing something and have you beat me at it instead? Also, that whole "ingrained into your skull" comment could go against what you did in those videos too. Everyone and their mother whores Holy Orders - it ain't new. Besides, I'd rather play some twisted marathons instead just one song for four minutes.

At any rate, I'll get someone to record me at the tournament and the song charts will get leaked after the tournament, so you can go and try to best me after that. But you only get one try at the song - so you can't go and say "hah, after 5 tries, I beat you by 3 percent!"

Quote:

I'm not going to travel just so I can play in a different shtty arcade than the one I already play in. No arcade is ever worth traveling to.

you don't live on the East Coast, do you? You've never had a break steak... frown.gif Poor guy. You probably never went to Digital Life either... you're missing out.
Xanthros
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Break steak? Digital Life? I am on the east coast and I have never heard of these. Please introduce me to them, they sound great! biggrin.gif

Also please don't include me in the argument, but tri-stars are tri-stars. ITG has no combo requirement in its scores and never has had one. It's purely mathematical. 1000 Fantastics and one Good is still a legit tri-star.
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xanthros wrote:
Break steak? Digital Life? I am on the east coast and I have never heard of these. Please introduce me to them, they sound great! biggrin.gif

Also please don't include me in the argument, but tri-stars are tri-stars. ITG has no combo requirement in its scores and never has had one. It's purely mathematical. 1000 Fantastics and one Good is still a legit tri-star.

Basically anyone in the tristate area has some knowledge of 8otb and its ghetto glory. One of its plusses is the breaksteak, which goes well with the r21 machine they have there, as well as IIDX etc.

From what I have seen, usually the best people in the area congregate there for tournaments (the ones still communicating with the community).

Anyone that is a serious gamer in the area has been there at least once.

Digital Life is the "nationals" tournament for East Coast players, but most entrants are only from NY and NJ, despite the first place jackpot being the largest in the eastern seaboard.

---

About the tri star comment, sadly that was meant to be comical in an ironic sense. The reason is that recording all "perfects" up to this point represented a perfect score in DDR - 100 percent. Recording a tri-star not only isn't a perfect score, it's not even "the same game" so to speak.

The thing is that people record tri stars with confidence even though the scores aren't 100 percent, but recording a modified AAA is frowned upon, because the 100 percent perfect requirement is no longer a requirement. It is as you said, 1000 fantastics and one good will give you a legit tristar, but it is viewed as unacceptable to modify the scaling of a AAA (even if you just got "one great".

There in lies the ironic humor.
QWERTYkid911
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why they have the FEC stuff in there. It balances it out.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

implode wrote:
That's why they have the FEC stuff in there. It balances it out.

You get get an FEC and get a "low" score though.

You can break FEC and get a "high" score.

I would think that getting "single digit excellents" or, if you are still climbing in ability, "single digit greats" would carry greater meaning than an FEC. Of course, a person who goes from single digit greats to an FEC would feel a sense of accomplishment... but not as much than if they broke FEC and got a tri star (or in some cases a double star if that was their primary goal).
destructo-bot
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this thread turned ugly quick. blink.gif

Anyway, I wish I had the motivation to type up big long posts and argue with you guys over stupid shit nobody really cares about, but I don't. I just don't care enough, and usually I'm too tired to deal with uppity know-it-alls who love to prove their e-superiority by picking apart posts and sounding elitist.

Heh, I must be getting old.
View users profile Send private message Send email
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

destructo-bot wrote:

Anyway, I wish I had the motivation to type up big long posts and argue with you guys over stupid shit nobody really cares about, but I don't. I just don't care enough, and usually I'm too tired to deal with uppity know-it-alls who love to prove their e-superiority by picking apart posts and sounding elitist.

I find this post rather ironic...
ʎɐb sı ʞ01ɹǝɥs
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja N8 wrote:
destructo-bot wrote:

I find this post rather ironic...

Ha, I actually have to agree with Nate 100% here. At least I'm unabashed in my snobbery. The worst kind of elitism is always under the guise of "being above" elitism. Truly ironic.
Discoman
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

34. PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitchy mcBitchings. They're really cute.
destructo-bot
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mute lol wrote:
Ha, I actually have to agree with Nate 100% here. At least I'm unabashed in my snobbery. The worst kind of elitism is always under the guise of "being above" elitism. Truly ironic.

You guys think I'm an elitist?

E2.gif

E12.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
kaosskratchet
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowpoke wrote:
DAVE101 wrote:
GospelEXE wrote:
ITG offers a greater challenge, and a MUCH WIDER selection of songs...

ITG: 137
Supernova: 300+

137<300

"a much wider selection" ^= "More"

lol to xor programming mark E1.gif

hmm...

DDR is not dead, ITG is not dead, four arrow stomping games are not dead, 5 arrow stomping games are not dead, are we clear?

[quote:bd08be2732="Schupo"]People with phDs are still stupid, just in a smaller percentage.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ǝɥʇʎɔs
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hay guys I got all marvelous's on Legend Road olololo.
u r t3h nubcaeks I joind in 2001.

Overlord Maximus wrote:
Bitchy mcBitchings. They're really cute.

Aww, can I pet them?
Yarni
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, GOOD DDR has faded away long ago back in 2002/2003. DDR itself wont fade away because Konami is extremely money-hungry. They wont let it die for any reason now that they know they have a huge weeaboo fanbase. (I'm not talking about you guys, I'm talking about the people who will stick by DDR long after it really dies for seemingly no other reason other than its a japanese game and has BeForU and TERRA songs for them to cream themselves over)
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ. This thread sure got hijacked.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: