Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

North American Field Test of DrumManiav4 and GuitarFreaksv4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Opethian
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otomedius wrote:
Someone check Model FT2 (Miracle Version) on Drums, cuz I heard that it got dropped from 99 to 98 in V4.......WTF?!

it was a 99 because of how hard it was to get in V3

just like onihime isnt a 99 anymore

but when it was premium encore it was a 99

Last edited by Opethian on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opethian wrote:
Otomedius wrote:
Someone check Model FT2 (Miracle Version) on Drums, cuz I heard that it got dropped from 99 to 98 in V4.......WTF?!

So in other words, it's only a 98 now cuz you can choose it from the songlist right from the beginning? How stupid.....That's like saying "Hey, let's make some of the boss songs on DDR a 9, but we'll rate them as 10's since they gotta play songs in order to get them! Then, when it's available on the songlist for everyone in the next game, we'll keep the original 9 rating!"
Da-Risin-Smoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fooled me. I thought when it meant American release, it meant PS2.

Will it ever happen?
I eat mop, who?
Haha, you eat your poo.
Groovestats
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
El Band Geek
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how long its gonna be there? cause I'm home on fall break from the 12th to the 16th
gtc
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, neither game is 100% real-life accurate with drums, but DrumMania is loads more so than Rock Band.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Baka of the Orochi
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[KIMO] gtc wrote:
Hah, neither game is 100% real-life accurate with drums, but DrumMania is loads more so than Rock Band.

You take what you can get. Honestly man, regardless of what you think, it's still just a game. I know you said Drumscape is more of a real drumming sim than DM is but Drumscape isn't a game more than it is just a drum kit with a set of samples, which you can do with any electric drum kit.

It's like saying DDR is like real dancing or GF/GH is anywhere remotely close to playing guitar.
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otomedius wrote:
Opethian wrote:
Otomedius wrote:

So in other words, it's only a 98 now cuz you can choose it from the songlist right from the beginning? How stupid.....That's like saying "Hey, let's make some of the boss songs on DDR a 9, but we'll rate them as 10's since they gotta play songs in order to get them! Then, when it's available on the songlist for everyone in the next game, we'll keep the original 9 rating!"

well DDR is totally different
in GF/DM they change ratings just about every mix

FTV
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[KIMO] gtc wrote:
Drum Mania has an extra pad and better placement but Rock Band, when played on Expert, (even though some pads have to do double duty) is note for note with the actual song.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Baka of the Orochi
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTV wrote:
[KIMO] gtc wrote:
Drum Mania has an extra pad and better placement but Rock Band, when played on Expert, (even though some pads have to do double duty) is note for note with the actual song.

Now I'm starting to be really convinced that you either don't play drums and/or haven't played DrumMania ever.
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baka of the Orochi wrote:
FTV wrote:
[KIMO] gtc wrote:

Now I'm starting to be really convinced that you either don't play drums and/or haven't played DrumMania ever.

its obvious he saw the Rock Band demo and saw how the drums are NOTE FOR NOTE

but failed to even bother to look at the catalog of about 7 years of videos of people playing DM

either that or he works for Harmonix and hates weeaboos

FTV
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opethian wrote:
FTV wrote:
[KIMO] gtc wrote:

but failed to even bother to look at the catalog of about 7 years of videos of people playing DM

Harmonix and game sites have confirmed that Rock Band's drum patterns on Expert are almost completely note for note with the original song. Honestly I wouldn't know just by looking. Does Konami check what the original song's music was when they write DM patterns? Were many DM songs recorded with... a drummer?
View users profile Send private message Send email
gtc
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note for note is laughable. I will say they do the best they can though. As far as writing note patterns, I'd say for drum games it would be insanely easy. It's not like you have to coordinate an arbitrary step pattern. If there's a bass drum hit, put the note there. Snare, same. The tricky parts are cymbals (because on a real drumset you can never have enough cymbals, which is of course a lot more than the two DM pads allow), toms (again, 99% of kits have more than 2), and toys. I highly doubt any drum sim will have enough pads/triggers/etc to accommodate stuff like cowbell (lol), woodblock, a whole rack of toms, rototoms, gong, 50 cymbals, a duck, brakes, and whatever else a percussionist may utilize.

tl;dr version - Rock Band does a good job of making charts semi-accurate and fun (from what I've seen of the demo), but I still prefer DM.
DizzyBum
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the GF/DM vs. Rock Band debate, everyone. The few of us that are excited about this location test, the inevitable pictures/videos, and the future of Bemani in North America really appreciate it.
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears Extra Rush Lv. 5 is now up. I can't read it, but I see x.5, so I'm assuming it's something to do w/ speed mods....But Masterpiece Silver & Gold had .5 mods....Huh. Anyways, said on the site.

Oh, & hope someone can get Revolution at the test location.
gtc
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try to be there once BZ opens, ready to rock out with my swank Rock Band promo sticks.

Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I see 2 Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Guitar Hero, Para Para Paradise, & 2 beatmania US?

Anyways, try to get some footage.

Also, got an e-A card?
gtc
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol it's actually 4x Jungle Beat sets, plus all that other stuff, and the GH2 box is just barely out of picture.

And yeah I got a card from the SN2 test, I'm all set :3

But sadly didn't make open, slept in and my ride was out shopping.
Baka of the Orochi
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTV wrote:
Opethian wrote:
FTV wrote:
[KIMO] gtc wrote:

Harmonix and game sites have confirmed that Rock Band's drum patterns on Expert are almost completely note for note with the original song. Honestly I wouldn't know just by looking. Does Konami check what the original song's music was when they write DM patterns? Were many DM songs recorded with... a drummer?

So this gaming company is claiming their fighting game is just like real fighting, incorporating actual fighting styles into their games so it's just like real life.

And you're going to believe them?

Seriously dude, just go on sucking off Harmonix's rooster in another topic if all you have to say is (apparently) how inaccurate DM is compared to the almighty Rock Band. You seem to be no better than all the other GH shmucks that think it's the best thing since cows were invented.

GTC: That's the point. It's a damn game, not actual honest-to-God drumming. "Actual" drumming is subjective anyway.

Play whatever floats your boat, but don't knock it until you've tried it (or at least learn to respect other's opinions instead of trying to force them to think otherwise).

Otomedius: Revolution (by TERRA) is already unlocked by default, same with Murmur Twins guitar pop (crazy fun on GF) and, Taiyo (ugly EXT DM chart IMO).

So far V4 is cool, the timing seems even stranger to me than V3, but I probably just need to adjust to it (felt the same as AC V when I first played that).

Grand Prix mode is all right, I don't really understand it though. Rookie course is a tremendous waste of time unless you've never played DM before.

Still not sure how Extra Rush works though.

The Weckl EX stage is weird as hell (typical), Kozo Nakamura one is pretty cool but looooong. Haven't tried the Asaki song yet.

And yes, the e-amuse card you used for SN2 also works in GFdm (use the same PIN too). You need to register a name though and character icon, but region seems to already be set.

You get some interesting new ranking names too, especially for FC'ing songs, passing certain levels and stuff too, neat.

New menu system is kinda cool. When you hit bass drum twice or green-green during song select, it pulls up the play style menu instead of just simply increasing speed.

Menu timer also seems to be extended/slowed down from V1-3 (THANK GOD).

Of course, the game is riddled with Engrish.

I suggest bringing your own sticks. The one at BZN is kinda heavy and the tips keep popping off.
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great so far. Has anyone been taking videos or pictures yet? They were being posted awfully fast when SuperNOVA 2 was doing its test, but then again SN2 wasn't even released in Japan yet during that test.
Opethian
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone get Prime Light?
i havent seen how the chart is yet

Last edited by Opethian on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: