Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Simfile Revamp II

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Stud?!
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Simfile Revamp II Reply with quote

Cross-Posted from FFR:

Ok, so since Simfile Revamp disappeared (probably in the hype of the 97 keyboard threads that were being made) and Rebirth apparently gave up on it, I figured I might as well try and get Simfile Revamp off the ground again. The idea is the same as before. Here's the rules (same as Rebirth's, copied from his thread).

Quote:

I'm fairly sure you all know what the rules and requirements are for this but I'll say them again anyway.

- All songs are accepted, longs versions and marathons will have to be amazing to get in though.

- With the title "Simfile Revamp" people may think we're making new keyboard charts for some songs, no. This is a pad simfile pack, only pad sims.

- Songs must be unreleased. I won't accept it if its on any simfile database.

- You must have new graphics for your simfiles. recycling old graphics (no matter how good they may be) isn't allowed UNLESS for example Zagh wanted to make pad steps for Another Planet or something. He can recycle and use the original graphics for the pad edit of it only because he made the keyboard version of it. If anyone else steps songs that were originally stepped by someone else, you have to have new graphics.

- Do at least two step charts. Heavy and Oni at least. Beginning through Oni is highly reccommended though.

- Song Difficulties: Beginner through Standard - really easy like the DDR Beginner - Standard steps. Heavy - Would be best if you kept it under an 11 footer for heavy. Nothing super easy either. Oni - Would be best if you made 11 - 13 foot steps for this difficulty. I don't want anything harder than a 13 though. Actually, I don't really mind if your oni steps are 9 or 10 footers, as long as the heavy and everything else is much easier.

That's pretty much it.

I have a few things to add.

- Graphics should be new no matter what. This helps to differentiate from keyboard versions.

- You should have Beginner through Expert for your file. You're oni/heavy will have to be amazing to get in if you do not have any other difficulties.

- Heavy charts should focus on fun factor and be more than an easier version of oni. Same goes for standard/light/beginner.

- Any resteps of DDR or ITG songs will have to be major improvements to be considered. Songs from other music and rhythym games are very appreciated.

- Doubles, Solo, and Couples charts are extremely appreciated. If your sim includes all of these it is a large bonus. I do not particularly care if solo or doubles charts are pretty much variations of single, but being creative with these is desirable. Keep in mind, singles are required, these are optional.

That's it for the rules. There is no limit on # of entries per person or # of included files per person. The pack will be released when 20 files have been accepted unless there is a ton of interest, in which case that number might be expanded.

Judges (no spots open):
Myself
Rebirth

Deadline:

There is none for now, but get those files submitted asap.

Submissions:

PM me or catch me on AIM to submit files. Please submit as zipped folders or .smzips. Make sure that your name is in the folder's name AND in the sm itself. BTW, if the accepted and rejected files don't add up to the amount of submitted, it means that there are still some that need to be reviewed. This will usually happen when I think a file should be in but Rebirth has not played it yet, or win I'm unsure of a file and am waiting to hear from Rebirth. If one of your files is accepted I will PM you, so don't spam the thread with "Is mine in?"

Submitted Files: 6
Accepted Files: 2
Rejected Files: 1
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: