Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Groove 2.2

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psisarah
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Groove 2.2 Reply with quote

I just downloaded Groove 2.2 and I keep getting this error whenever I try to play a song;

Could not read metric '[ReceptorArrow] AvoidMineCommand' or '[NoteDisplay] AvoidMineCommand' in 'cel'

These are the noteskins I got from here. Yes I'm running SM 3.9. Yes I tried using the default. Doesn't matter what skin I use, I get this error. Help?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, I edited the metrics.ini file and had to get rid of a whole bunch of noteskin options.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psisar wrote:
Nevermind, I edited the metrics.ini file and had to get rid of a whole bunch of noteskin options.

Hey I just downloaded the same theme and got the same problem. Could you explain what you did to the metrcis.ini file? And which folder can I find it in?

Thanks.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Joe11613
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to use 3.95
View users profile Send private message
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using 3.95.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Joe11613
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all I know is that you need to use 3.95 and if you play in full screen, it blocks out those little error box things. Unless you are talking about a crash report. Good luck!
View users profile Send private message
psisarah
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Stepmania\Themes\Groove 2.2a\metrics.ini

I uploaded it if you want to download mine and try that. This at least made it work, but now I'm having other problems. None of the noteskins that I got from the site I got Groove 2.2 on work properly, and the Cel noteskin I got from stepmaniathings.com (whiched worked just fine on SM 3.9) go a little weird. Whenever you hit an arrow, the glowing *burst* on the target changed to match the default DDR skin, plus it goes white for marvelous as opposed to blue for fantastic, yellow for excellent, etc. I deleted every DDR noteskin in the Noteskins folder, but it still does it. Also after you get a 100 combo it starts doing the explosions graphic for the burts, which is a completely minor detail but gets kind of annoying. But I'm picky like that.

Anyway, if anyone has a Metal or Cel noteskin that works perfectly with Stepmania 3.95 let me know.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: