Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The only guys I know who play this game are gay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ǝɥʇʎɔs
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then why did he have pads?
I play didder for stress relief.
More on topic, I had alot of friends at school before I let anyone know I played didder. Nobody cared-and I didn't make a point of telling them. But people will always tell you you look like an idiot. Which you do. C'est la vie.

vesper
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to say DDR was gay before I played it. Then I got it for PS2, plugged in my mat, and fell in love love.gif

laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vesper wrote:
I used to say DDR was gay before I played it. Then I got it for PS2, plugged in my mat, and fell in love love.gif

laugh.gif

That's wierd. I was hooked the first second I saw the demo of ddr max for ps2 at my friend's house. nerd.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
I don't think playing a video game can determine one's sexual preference.

Unless its Para Para Paradise, MIRITE? </joke>
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this will prove how small my town is and how no1 has heard of it this one girl came up to me and asked if i played ddr and i said yes and she told thats for girls and she had never seen a guy play it..... yea that got me mad and then ppl call it gay cause they just cant play it...
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a lot of closed-minded people out there...don't let it bother you. the only reason why i don't play on a machine is because i pretty much suck at the game still. if those closed-minded people actually put some time/effort in the game i bet they'd think differently of it. after all, i used to be like those kind of people.

scythe33 wrote:
Then why did he have pads?
I play didder for stress relief.
More on topic, I had alot of friends at school before I let anyone know I played didder. Nobody cared-and I didn't make a point of telling them. But people will always tell you you look like an idiot. Which you do. C'est la vie.

i suppose that's one reason people criticize it...because there's absolutely no cool way of playing the game; that is until you really get into it and learn how to freestyle
MAAAX_himself
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow some of you guys come from strange places....

Since playing DDR/ITG for close to 2 years now, I've only met 1 gay guy who plays...... Another one might be gay but we arent sure about it yet.|

But still they are two great people.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Jupichan
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-POP_FOR_LIFE wrote:
... and i noticed he had a GTA strategy guide and i decided it would be fun just to piss him off and said "well, have fun becoming a fatass virgin that no one likes wasting your life away playing GTA. Im sure people applaud you while you shoot hookers, dont they?" then walked away, proudly, in my homemade DDR t-shirt.

Isn't that the same thing as calling someone who plays DDR gay? Hell, I play both GTA and DDR. What the hell does that make me?

A gangsta arrow smasher. w00tcore.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
b!
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the girls were telling the truth. I mean for all we know, all the people they knew who play this game were homosexual, or happy.
In fact i cant think of a single person who plays this game, who i know, that is not happy. It cannot be helped, i mean the game just brightens up your mood that way.
Now as for homosexuality and this game...i really dont think it determines your sexual preference.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally, i don't think your sexuality even matters. Gay people can be good people, i don't really care. I personally would take a gay friend over some homephobic freak who can't go a sentance without saying the word "gay" or "bundle of sticks."

Anyways, i've actually met a girl recently through my DDR experience. She plays on standard and is amazed by how good i am laugh.gif .

she gave me her name and AIM, she's really nice. She wants me to show her how to get better, and i hope i only get to know her better.

DDR brings the people together!! I'm gonna use "i bet you never have met a girl through playing a video game before" as my next comeback for someone who mocks DDR and claims its "gay."

I think this can go under "don't judge a book by its cover" kind of thing, cant it?

Last edited by jpoppyz on Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jupichan wrote:
J-POP_FOR_LIFE wrote:
... and i noticed he had a GTA strategy guide and i decided it would be fun just to piss him off and said "well, have fun becoming a fatass virgin that no one likes wasting your life away playing GTA. Im sure people applaud you while you shoot hookers, dont they?" then walked away, proudly, in my homemade DDR t-shirt.

Isn't that the same thing as calling someone who plays DDR gay? Hell, I play both GTA and DDR.

Well, I see the similarity, yet I also see a slight difference... not that I agree with it or anything.

I only had the (mis)pleasure of encountering once people who were loopy for a lack fo words over seeying somebody play DDR.
Angel_With_Healing_Vision
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experiences I've suffered both the negative and positive impacts of playing this game, just like all of you.

Some of my close minded friends have given me a hard time because I spend quite a lot of my free time playing this game and other variations of it.

I guess when people tell you your gay for playing this game, I don't think there is any kind of emotional sexual attack made toward you in terms of playing this game, I just think its a common phrase people like to use when they see something to them that is uncool.

I know, at least one gay guy and a few bisexual girls that play this game just as much as I do and they're still some of the coolest people I've known, but as one of the moderators has said before, playing this game doesn't determine a sexual preference.

I just think there still exists a shallow materialistic stereotype in the world that any guy that dances for fun or as a profession has to be gay.

I think at least some of us have heard phrases from other people in terms of males who figure skate, act in musical theatre or does ballet is labelled as gay which is kind of unfortunate.

I know I constantly heard this most common phrase concerning males in these professions:

95% of these guys are gay, and the other 5% want to be gay.

I've definetely been called gay because I play this game, and I constantly hear people say that any dancing game is for girls and only girls because all girls like to dance.

All in all, I would just ignore it because they're not obviously being open-minded to form a valid opinion of it. Just keep enjoying what you love doing and never let anyone or anything deter you away from it.

Healing Vision: Angelic Mix (Where Angels Dance Their Way Into The Heavens)
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either those girls were just looking for someone to rag on, or they're lesbians.
uouuɐ
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ 大阪 wrote:
I haven't met anybody who hates DDR. Seems very odd. All of the people I come across are either astonished or in love with DDR.

Open the gate to the outside world NOW.
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupichan wrote:

Isn't that the same thing as calling someone who plays DDR gay? Hell, I play both GTA and DDR. What the hell does that make me?

I love you for being intelligent. <3<3<3

(No, that wasn't sarcasm either. I'm very much serious.)
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: hell no! Reply with quote

this is why i look down on all n00bs and people who disrespect DDR. look, maybe if you can beat me at DDR, i'll give you some props, but if you're gonna be a loser and just call someone gay for playing DDR, go cut yourself. it's a game. people want to have fun. that's the point of this. if you don't like it, GTFO. <_<...

red shoe paul wrote:
dancexsummer12 wrote:
why do all the places have to be soooo far away from where i live?

That might be why..?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
ssvegeta1010
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends generally think DDR is either impressive or gay. Id say I can see the gay thing, because flailing around on a pad (even while AAA'ing) does look pretty gay.

(I'm talking gay in the newer sense of the word meaning stupid, games cannot actually determine sex.)
Jupichan
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zajitarrius wrote:
Jupichan wrote:

I love you for being intelligent. <3<3<3

(No, that wasn't sarcasm either. I'm very much serious.)

Um...spiffy. ^-^
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Gowmars
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-POP_FOR_LIFE wrote:

DDR brings the people together!! I'm gonna use "i bet you never have met a girl through playing a video game before" as my next comeback for someone who mocks DDR and claims its "gay."

I met a couple girls through DDR one I still hang out with (very cute might I add^^). She wants to hook up with me, but I can't allow myself hook up with her (long story)

Anyway I never once called DDR gay, but for the longest I swore I'd never step foot on a DDR machine. But now I can't get off riiight.gif

I haven't met anyone, so far, that told me I was gay for playing, most people either are amazed or just don't care. But that’s not to say no one has said anything behind my back.

I've been playing for about a year and a half by the way.
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only know of one gay guy that plays at the local arcade here, and he's a hell of alot better than i am. Funny how he doesnt dare hit up on any of the guys there. xD
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: