Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR newbie!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juef
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: DDR newbie! Reply with quote

Hey all!!

here's the thing: my girlfriend has played an arcade version of Dance Dance Revolution once, a while ago, and she loved it. We'd like to buy the game, but I'm puzzled by a few things...

1) Which version of the game is the "best"? I know there are tons, and for a ton of systems... The thing is, I don't own anything more recent than a SNES (except for my PC, luckily E1.gif. I don't mind buying a new console, but if a PSX game is as fun as its XBox equivalent, then I'll certainly prefer the PSX one. I'm cheap. E1.gif

2) I believe the games come without dancing pads. Is there a particular model I should buy?

Thanks for your time!
View users profile Send private message
momomixer
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: k Reply with quote

ok whew got in before the lock and first one.

but scince im here might as well tell you that there isnt really a "best" version it all depends on what songs you like to play and what skill level you are for new people to the game id recommend extreme just simply for easy and fun sogs as well as begginer mode but if you get better you could go with konamix or extreme 2. by the way go for the ps2 xbox is ok but ps2 in my opinion is better for ddr games.

as for the controller if you want a budget one you could just go to your local gamestop and buy a 20$ one. if you're looking for the 100$ area you could buy a red octane ignition which is really good and from what i have heard preatty reliable. and if u have a big budget you could go for a cobalt flux for 300$ that u could run over with a car and still play and if ur friggn rich u can go buy an arcade platform or machine.

yeah so i hope this helps but this belongs in the console forums and the pad qeustion in the controller forums

enjoy ddr E1.gif

"the beauty of doing nothing is that you can do it perfectly."
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking to avoid the most cost, you might consider acquainting yourself with StepMania, since you apparently own a PC. If you take that route, then the only thing you have to spend money on is a pad and a converter (if necessary; many new pads like the Ignition 3.0 softpad are already compatible with PCs).

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
The Lurker
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download stepmania. Free to get, you just have to buy a PC converter, and some pads. Stepmania you can update with THOUSANDS of songs, all for free. You can even make songs, make step charts, make mixes, etc.

Just go to www.stepmaniaonline.com. If you are computer savvy, you should be able to catch right on. E1.gif

Have fun.

EDIT: haha, nice post time syn.
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: DDR newbie! Reply with quote

juef wrote:
Hey all!!

here's the thing: my girlfriend has played an arcade version of Dance Dance Revolution once, a while ago, and she loved it. We'd like to buy the game, but I'm puzzled by a few things...

1) Which version of the game is the "best"? I know there are tons, and for a ton of systems... The thing is, I don't own anything more recent than a SNES (except for my PC, luckily E1.gif. I don't mind buying a new console, but if a PSX game is as fun as its XBox equivalent, then I'll certainly prefer the PSX one. I'm cheap. E1.gif

2) I believe the games come without dancing pads. Is there a particular model I should buy?

Thanks for your time!

Get DDRMAX, DDRMAX 2, or DDR Extreme (all PS2 games). Try a foam pad, NOT a cheap floppy one. Thats all I have to say.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

5. PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums, your console needs can be found in the DDR console section and discussion for pads can be found in the Bemani Controllers and Hardware forum. Thanks for joining!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: