Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Rest periods.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[TCO] Patrick
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Rest periods. Reply with quote

Gotta question. Say Ive been playing a lot, and my ankles are hurting me because Ive been pushing farther or whatever. Whats the sorta "average" or reccomended rest I should take? I wanna go like maybe a few days resting, or can I go longer without losing my playing sense/skill/whatever?

(I know it varies from person to person, but a real decent average would be nice)

videoCWK wrote:
ITG can go beyond level 10? Woah...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could go for a couple weeks without a drastic drop in skill. The first couple credits might be a little rough around the edges, but you'd be fine. Even if you took a rather extended break (say, due to injury), it wouldn't take you as long to build the skill back.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
[TCO] Patrick
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Im probably going to break for awhile then, my ankles are killing me, and Im not too sure why. Thanks!

videoCWK wrote:
Canaduh
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I screwed up my knee pretty badly a few months ago and had to stop playing for a month and a half, as soon as I started playing, my skill came back within the first 3 songs. Depending on your current skill level, I dont think you really have to worry about it unless you stop for 2+ months...
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[TCO] Patrick wrote:
Cool. Im probably going to break for awhile then, my ankles are killing me, and Im not too sure why. Thanks!

I recommended Doctor Soles to someone earlier about ankel and feet pains, it might help you. *shrug*
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive acctualy noticed that if you take a break for a day or 2 and come back you acctualy do better. my PA/FA always gets better after i take breaks
[TCO] Patrick
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joei wrote:
I recommended Doctor Soles to someone earlier about ankel and feet pains, it might help you. *shrug*

Those really might help. I use them when I ref soccer (for like, days at a time), and I bet theyd help some when I arrow smash on the CF/AC pads. Thanks for reminding me about them and the suggestion.

videoCWK wrote:
kaosskratchet
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-dark-xuxa wrote:
ive acctualy noticed that if you take a break for a day or 2 and come back you acctualy do better. my PA/FA always gets better after i take breaks

even if i just do 9 or 10 songs in a day and then go back, my PA improves too. i wonder why.......

[quote:bd08be2732="Schupo"]People with phDs are still stupid, just in a smaller percentage.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Cluny
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Rest periods. Reply with quote

[TCO] Patrick wrote:
Gotta question. Say Ive been playing a lot, and my ankles are hurting me because Ive been pushing farther or whatever. Whats the sorta "average" or reccomended rest I should take? I wanna go like maybe a few days resting, or can I go longer without losing my playing sense/skill/whatever?

(I know it varies from person to person, but a real decent average would be nice)

Don't worry about it. Just take off as long as you need until your ankles feel better. You can always come back to playing DDR. However, your feet are important. Make sure you take good care of them. I didn't play for about 2 months and I was a little rusty when I started again, but I soon worked it off.
View users profile Send private message
eTom
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your ankles are a real problem, use these: http://www.londonmarathonstore.com/acatalog/adjust-ankle-support-4547.jpg
Also rub that oil on them to grease up the joints E10.gif

To avoid hurting feel due to foot smashing on hard dancemat i always wear 2 pairs of socks (one normal pair and sports socks under them) the sports socks stop you from sweating as much and the extra softness of the other sock acts as a shock absorber, after all i bet most foot paid due to DDR is due to the shock your feet get from all the stomping.
Zman
Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a break for a year and when i returned i was better then when i quite E10.gif

A break of 48-72 hours would be the best period of rest to allow for muscle recovery depending on how intense you play.

Smoke? why of course.
View users profile Send private message
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Rest periods. Reply with quote

[TCO] Patrick wrote:

The only way you could lose skill is by going for a month or two without playing. I did that once, and I regretted it. Then I never did it again. During your resting periods, you could get as much practice as possible by playing on the PS2 with the controller instead of a pad. I do this when I get the feeling that I might be going to long without playing. To stop myself from cheating on my save file, I load the data then remove the memory card.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: