Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Help me out ppl. I'm new to this all.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just2asian
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Help me out ppl. I'm new to this all. Reply with quote

Hey all, I recently jumped into DDR not too long ago, and I'm running stepmania on my comp. What my question is I've been looking at DDR mats online and I think I'm gonna lean towards the metal ones. I found a few metals ones, but I'm not sure if they are any good (i'm going to be running ps2 adapters. So I have a link to a DDR mat, I was wondering if you guys could take a look and tell me if they are worth it, or if it's merely a think of u get what you pay for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-X-PS2-XBOX-DANCE-DDR-ARCADE-METAL-PADS-W-HANDLE-BARS_W0QQitemZ8272179652QQcategoryZ21188QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-PS2-XBOX-DDR-DANCE-METAL-PADS-ARCADE-HANDLE-BAR-STEEL_W0QQitemZ8272179580QQcategoryZ21188QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,
DOn
wcgold
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a metal pad off eBay, and it was no good. The workmanship was really cheap, and the instruction manual had so many spelling and grammatical errors (That usually indicates a poor quality product). The way these types of pads work is that the arrows are slightly raised pieces of plastic with aluminum foil under them, and when you step on it, it bends down to touch the sensor. It would probably work better if you took off the arrows and put aluminum tape on the bottom of your shoes, but if you were gonna do that, you might as well do this. If you really want a metal pad, get one with a brand name, such as Cobalt Flux. Metal pads on eBay with no names are usually bad, and this is coming from a person who bought a no-name metal pad.

View users profile Send private message
XMaxX
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt Flux is the way to go.

And this belongs in the Bemani Controllers Section.

Groovestats l ITG Edits l My Simfiles l PUI Ranking
Dancing games are for fags.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XMaxX wrote:
And this belongs in the Bemani Controllers Section.
Thanks. Locked.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: