Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR + Ankle weights
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wakka Lakka
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankle weights. I bought some a while back and tried them out. Of course that was long before I had a clue about how to play DDR at all. Are your legs not strong enough to pass Twilight Zone, or could it be that you just can't read the steps, move fast enough, maintain balance, or run out of stamina. Seriously, playing DRR without ankle weights is like hunting deer without an acordian. Some people said it right earlier. Play for PA and you will improve. For any noobs, this doesn't mean hit the steps you know how to do well - it means hit every step well - even confusing stuff you aren't sure of. Understanding the complicated steps is part of PA - I mean a 'boo' is terrible PA. This thread really belongs in gameplay and I'm not saying that to be a mod-wannabe, gameplay forum has really been slow as of lately frown.gif Anyway if you want to get better, skip the ankle weights, play with the best eqipment, your most comfortable mods, and play the hardest songs you can FC.
View users profile Send private message
froinlaven
Basic Member
Basic Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some ankle weights this week and tried them out on a few songs. In some cases I think I do better because they force me to pay attention to what I'm doing (sometimes I just kinda space out while I'm playing).

I think once you get used to the extra weight, they could help in burning some extra calories.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play with 5 pound scuba diving weights. They work great and they stay nice and put on your leg the whole time!

AA Bob wrote:
Quote:
pee pee standing up for the win

War of the Arrows!!!!!!!! BUY ONE!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
theficionado
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: DDR + Ankle weights Reply with quote

Slowpoke wrote:
ankle weights make your ankles sore (the weight is resting on the back of your achille's tendon and tends to bounce up and down on it)

I will back this up. Not a good idea.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Flazh
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should wear ankle weights all the time a la Rock Lee =) Then you will definately improve... actually, just walk around with bags of sand strapped to your body!
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: