Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

How Do You Feel About The Use Of Hands In ITG?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tobias Preener
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: How Do You Feel About The Use Of Hands In ITG? Reply with quote

Sorry formerly Kiba, but im making a thread like this. If someone would mkaie it into the poll, the options could be the same as the mines one.

Anyway, I think there aren't enough hands in ITG. The song with the most is like what, only 53ish? (Im going off Queen Of Light I havent played ITG2 yet) I think we need a lot more. I think they are very fun to do and I would like to see charts with 100+ hands.

Brawl FC (PM me): 0989-1391-5541
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make the thread, but I'm just going to remake it as a poll in the near future. Nothing wrong with it though, I guess.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: How Do You Feel About The Use Of Hands In ITG? Reply with quote

The Elven Goddess Of Ice wrote:
Sorry formerly Kiba, but im making a thread like this. If someone would mkaie it into the poll, the options could be the same as the mines one.

Anyway, I think there aren't enough hands in ITG. The song with the most is like what, only 53ish? (Im going off Queen Of Light I havent played ITG2 yet) I think we need a lot more. I think they are very fun to do and I would like to see charts with 100+ hands.

56, dc disco doubles >_<

yea i agree with ya, no more hand freezes though, they're pretty hard for me to hold. Tri's and Quads would be nice.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the use of hands a lot, which may be the reason that I love songs like Bend Your Mind and Queen of Light. I would like to see hands implemented in songs that currently do not have hands, but I wouldn't go overboard to say "OMG there should be liek 100+ hands in evry song in itg cause they r so kool," because that's just overkill.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like might a few more hands E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should definately do more stuff with hands. So far most of it is just like "hit a freeze and then bend down to hit a hand or two".... they could do so much more. Make a chart or two almost entirely focused on odd hands. Maybe try doing some tricky rhythms or "drumrolls" while you are down to hit them. Of course not every song needs them (and certainly not every song should have them) but I just see a lot of unused potential for hands.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES MORE HANDS PLEASE ROXOR! hands are what made me love ITG. I think ITG needs more hands there just so much fun and give your quads an awsome burn ; 0
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make a chart like Join the Party Crazy. Pick, say, the down arrow. Since holds in ITG are vastly less valuable than PIU holds, there would have to be some reason to always have a foot there. Probably just has to be accomplished by several holds. Do crazy foot patterns, do crazy hand patterns, do crazy everything. Doubles could be even more fun.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
JJK
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG currently doesn't have enough hand-based stepcharts, in my opinion.
View users profile Send private message
darkchao56
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: How Do You Feel About The Use Of Hands In ITG? Reply with quote

AFAD wrote:
56, dc disco doubles >_<

dc56?

Yeah, I think we need some more hand-based charts.
Then again, those hands are the source of my carpril tunnel..
hell with it - the more the merrier! biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's right, the more Carpal Tunnel Syndrome the merrier!
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need more hands in streams (see: Moonlight Crazy on Pump Zero). Not quads, but triples that are meant to be hit diagonally with feet.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see more hands just no more that I need to hold. It's too damn hard to hold a freeze hand.
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands are vastly underused, IMO. When I first played ITG I didn't know what a hand was but I was so excited once I figured it out. To me, it was everything DDR should have done but didn't. There should definitely be more hands, but they should be used intelligently. Anubis' quads & the chain of triples w/ mines in Twilight are absolutely amazing. And if there's still any doubters, it's hard to argue with the sheer genius that is Tribal Style Double Expert.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Angel_With_Healing_Vision
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the idea of hands first came across I'll be incredibly honest that I wasn't too fond of it. I kind of seen some of my friends do it, and I said man that looks stupid. I kind of felt the same with mines as well. That has all changed since I have been playing ITG more and more often.

I decided to try it myself, and I find it does require a little more energy, and it definetely comes at you unexpectly. To me I couldn't care less if hands are required in a song in it or not. I'll quickly adapt and try my best with it. Hands definetely give me an extra chalenge and something new to try to work on when playing this game and I definetely welcome the challenge.

If couldn't really care if they placed hands in more songs or not, if they did I would not have any problems with it, because I find by doing it increases stamina and endruance by making your body move even more.

I'm also find the more songs that I do with hands, the faster my body can move when I bend down and move back up, and hopefully this will give me good practice by learning how to freestyle eventually.

Healing Vision: Angelic Mix (Where Angels Dance Their Way Into The Heavens)
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tyrgannus
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't exactly think that there aren't enough charts with hands, I just think that hands haven't tapped their full potential. Hands are basically freeze arrow, bend to hit a hand or big loud noise better hit a quad (hello Anubis)

Could you imagine playing forced "Twister" with hands? how 'bout adding trips or quads at the end of streams? Maybe having to do advanced drum rolls while incorporating your hands.
View users profile Send private message
MiiChan
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definatly more hands. Stepcharts like Dawn and Queen of Light Expert are my favorites.
Razor LOL
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should have hands that make you do the pretzel E13.gif .
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ra-Zor wrote:

That's like saying left.gif down.gif right.gif up.gif makes you spin, when actually you can double step E13.gif

It would be impossible for the hands to MAKE you do the pretzel, cause for every step pattern or hands or whatever there r multiple ways to do them
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquistadorous wrote:
Ra-Zor wrote:

That's like saying left.gif down.gif right.gif up.gif makes you spin, when actually you can double step E13.gif

It would be impossible for the hands to MAKE you do the pretzel, cause for every step pattern or hands or whatever there r multiple ways to do them

I realize what you are saying, but I just thought it would be pretty cool.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: