Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What do you prefer ITG or ITG2?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mostly_Harmless
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: What do you prefer ITG or ITG2? Reply with quote

well i finally got to try out ITG 2 last week (I know I'm late) and I was wondering if any of you guys noticed a huge change in the quality of the songs and why the new songs seem to be shorter (Or is it me)? The only songs i really loved was disconected disco and pick me up and tango (that songs/steps rock!) but when i saw little kittie mine i was laughing so hard, that seems like a childs DDR song (although the steps were kinda fun disturb.gif ) Well to make a long story short i feel that the songs in ITG 1 are ALOT better then ITG2. I just hope they make ITG 3 better because i beleive its the best F*cking dance game out there

cheers
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you prefer ITG or ITG2? Reply with quote

I like this thread E4.gif I LOVE ITG2! I think the main reason is that Ive only played it like 3 times. I play itg1 like every day. I still love it, but I cant wait for itg2 for ps2 biggrin.gif And no, I dont think the songs on itg2 are shorter...
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Marquistadorous Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: What do you prefer ITG or ITG2?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this thread I LOVE ITG2! I think the main reason is that Ive only played it like 3 times. I play itg1 like every day. I still love it, but I cant wait for itg2 for ps2 And no, I dont think the songs on itg2 are shorter...

I also play ITG every day, it's just addicting! I know I'm so excited about the CS version of ITG2.....I am always checking Roxors site for news about it but it seems that they are taking forever for it to happen....one thing i have to say is that they had better make ITG2 for PS2 BEFORE they come out with ITG3 arcade. I also hope they include some songs from ITG3 onto ITG2 CS version, that is the only reason i believe they are taking forever with the game.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Destiny (on ITG2).
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG2 is better. Even if the songs were shorter (which I don't believe, on average, that they are), all of the songs from ITG1 are on there, so it really doesn't matter. Also the theme looks so much smoother.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like In The Groove 2 better.

I like the theme and interface. It looks a lot more better aesthetically, as well as smoother. It's just more pleasing than In the Groove's appearances.

I also like In the Groove 2's songs better than In the Groove's.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Zeta Aspect
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dawn">"Twilight"
"VerTex">"VerTex^2" (must be a fraction...)
"Walking on Fire">"Soapy Bubble"
"Bouff">"Cryosleep"
"Driving Force Classical", "Hardcore of the North", "Mythology">"Hardcore Symphony", "High", "Summer in Belize"

ITG1 has better songs than ITG2 (although ITG2 AC has all of the ITG1 songs). Then again, ITG1 has MC Frontalot, DAX, Anet, and Sammi Morreirieilleirleirrielr...yeah...that person...Those guys are highly controvertial...ITG2 songs are better on average, with fewer that stand out as being excellent within the entire songset.

ITG1 songs are closer to 110-120 seconds.
ITG2 songs are closer to 105-110 seconds.
(As far as I can tell)
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to mention its a hell of alot easier for me to FA on itg2 then on itg1.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ZetaAspect Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:19 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dawn">"Twilight"
"VerTex">"VerTex^2" (must be a fraction...)
"Walking on Fire">"Soapy Bubble"
"Bouff">"Cryosleep"
"Driving Force Classical", "Hardcore of the North", "Mythology">"Hardcore Symphony", "High", "Summer in Belize"

ITG1 has better songs than ITG2 (although ITG2 AC has all of the ITG1 songs). Then again, ITG1 has MC Frontalot, DAX, Anet, and Sammi Morreirieilleirleirrielr...yeah...that person...Those guys are highly controvertial...ITG2 songs are better on average, with fewer that stand out as being excellent within the entire songset.

ITG1 songs are closer to 110-120 seconds.
ITG2 songs are closer to 105-110 seconds.
(As far as I can tell)

Hey I like MC frontalot DAX Anet and sammi M. I think they play a MAJOR role in giving ITG some diversity. This is why i think Roxor is so awsome because they aimed to please everyone with there music. Plus all of the artists you mentioned in ITG one obviously have the easiest steps in the game, I dont like that idea i think all songs should have an expert step. (including DAX) so what i do to keep things fun with these songs is turn on stream skippy planted floored and twister to make the songs much more like expert in the game. You guys should try this on all the really easy songs it's very fun. As for MC frontalot You may realize that the lyrics are very repetitive in the game. Thats because they censored the crap out of them. They took an entire line out of "which MC was that" and for PA arcade theme they took so many lines out I think it wasn't even worth putting it in the game. So i recomend you listen to these songs at www.mc frontalot.com and hear the real thing. This also brings up one last concern with ITG2 for CS version. If they do make it uncensored I hope you know It's going to get an M rating because of the lyrics in PA arcade theme. I have heard from many threds that kyle ward planned on not censoring anything which is probably a good thing if you ask me =)

thanks guys
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG2 has all of the ITG1 songs. How do you conclude that you like ITG1 over 2? Also, it's *awfully* hard to get an M rating on lyrics alone. And letting the machine autogen steps is often anything BUT fun.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Mostly_Harmless
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Synaesthesia Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:48 am Post subject:

ITG2 has all of the ITG1 songs. How do you conclude that you like ITG1 over 2? Also, it's *awfully* hard to get an M rating on lyrics alone. And letting the machine autogen steps is often anything BUT fun.

I'm Not talking about weather the first arcade is better or not, I'm really asking which songs do you select more from in ITG 2. I mainly stick with the first ITG in ITG 2. And you might be surprised how the nazis rate these games at ESRB just look at flow it got a T rating for saying such harsh words like damn and buttocks but it only had those words in one song! Most of the other songs don't even have any words, or anything that would offend.
DDRDude4ever
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do ITG2 over 1 anyday. 2 has all of 1's songs included.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly_Harmless wrote:
Quote:
Marquistadorous Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: What do you prefer ITG or ITG2?

I like this thread I LOVE ITG2! I think the main reason is that Ive only played it like 3 times. I play itg1 like every day. I still love it, but I cant wait for itg2 for ps2 And no, I dont think the songs on itg2 are shorter...

I also play ITG every day, it's just addicting! I know I'm so excited about the CS version of ITG2.....I am always checking Roxors site for news about it but it seems that they are taking forever for it to happen....one thing i have to say is that they had better make ITG2 for PS2 BEFORE they come out with ITG3 arcade. I also hope they include some songs from ITG3 onto ITG2 CS version, that is the only reason i believe they are taking forever with the game.

Yeah, you sound just like me.
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, I didn't say I didn't like Frontalot, Dax, Anet, and Sammi M. It's just that it is pretty obvious that a lot of people don't.

Secondly, when I talk about ITG1 music pwning ITG2 music, I mean the music original to each game. If ITG2 didn't have ITG1 songs, I'd probably play a lot more ITG1 than ITG2. However, ITG2 is better as a whole package because it has ITG1 and ITG2 and better equipment and better aesthetics. I get it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synaesthesia wrote:

Synaesthesia is right. There's absolutely nothing that makes ITG1 better than ITG2 outside of, possibly, the interface. If you're mentioning CS versions (in which case, I predict ITG2 to only have ITG2 songs and ITG3 preview songs), then there's a point in comparing the two games, but as for arcade versions, ITG2 wins by default.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah, ITG2 wins by default then

However, let's compare ITG1 songs to the ITG2 songs. I think that's what this thread was about, but maybe I'm wrong.

I personally like both versions songs and stepcharts. You'll find really catchy songs such as Infection on ITG1 but you can't forgot ITG2s D-Code and the like. As far as steps go, You've always got Bend Your Mind, but ITG2 has some pretty interesting stuff such as Sweet World.

I think ITG2 music is a little more diverse, not a whole lot, but a little. That being said, I really don't think that either of them are better or worse, (except that Destiny pwns all)
View users profile Send private message
Zeta Aspect
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrgannus wrote:
I think ITG2 music is a little more diverse, not a whole lot, but a little. That being said, I really don't think that either of them are better or worse, (except that Destiny pwns all)

Indeed. "Destiny" does pwn all.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were to compare the songs that were in ITG1 to the ones new to ITG2, the new ITG2 ones have fewer outright "misses" (i.e., stuff I seriously will not play). I count about 3 or 4 ITG2 debuts that I have no desire to play (y halo thar Lipstick Kiss). ITG1 debuts, however, are about 9-10.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Zeta Aspect
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG1 = 4sin(x)
ITG2 = 2sin(x) + 1
"Destiny" = 1,000,000,000,000
What more can be said?
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy In the Groove 2's songlist moreso than In the Groove 1's.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: