Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

How hard will it be...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: How hard will it be... Reply with quote

to go back to the old DDR style interface when SuperNova comes out. One of my favorite things about ITG is that you can customize the scroll speed much more than you can with DDR and can therefore do better on the songs. So...I feel that after playing Super Nova for a round or two, I'll instantly miss ITG's display. What do you think?
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Asymptote
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fact that ITG has a couple more scroll speed options than DDR really shouldn't make a difference in whether or not you'll find it fun. Its 4-panel arrow mashing, thats the bottom line.... it should be fun no matter what. I don't think mods should be 90% of the deciding factor as to whether or not you like it. Look at 5th mix.... everyone loves it, and theres no speed mods from what i remember?

I'm more concerned about the songlist/stepcharts. I think that is the most important aspect of the game. Good songs, fun steps.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still 2.5x would be awesome... I doubt I'll ever really play SN even if we get it. The only thing on there that is actually interesting to me in Faxx.
View users profile Send private message
Asymptote
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capajoe wrote:
The only thing on there that is actually interesting to me in Faxx.

Well would you mind posting the songlist/stepcharts then?
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capajoe wrote:
Still 2.5x would be awesome... I doubt I'll ever really play SN even if we get it. The only thing on there that is actually interesting to me in Faxx.

I'll agree with this in principle and go farther; I'm not going to play at all unless something is significantly harder then Faxx or the windows are significantly tighter.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asymptote wrote:
Capajoe wrote:
The only thing on there that is actually interesting to me in Faxx.

Well would you mind posting the songlist/stepcharts then?

I really dont give a poopy what the songlists are. Nothing is hard enough on DDR, which is the reason Faxx is the only thing that fascinates (pun intended) >_>.
noles602
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should be smacked just for putting a pun in here, everyone knows that all ddr/itg puns are bad, if anyone can find a good pun, i'd like to hear it cuz i've heard em all
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
The Lurker
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly ITG fanboys. biggrin.gif

DDR is still going to be the king, no matter what. SuprNova is going do very very well I think. 300 songs, new improved graphics, c'mon?? C'MON??!!??!!

And who cares, it gives you something more to play, and I think that is what ITG did. And if somebody plays ITG, and does not know what Didder is, they need to be pimp smacked.
Asymptote
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit*whatever... i'm not even gonna bother. I just think it is so stupid to judge a game as "too easy" when youve never even played it. Or to even imply you can't have fun playing 8-10 footers. Well, i guess its your loss then.... more songs and stepcharts for me to enjoy
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that you're pretty biased if you look at a new game with three hundred songs and assume before it even comes out that the only reason you would play it is because of a single song.

As stupid as that is, it's not stupid fanboyism. It's stupid elitism.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it is elitism because of the fact I find Pandy expert and Summer expert easy.
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tattoo man wrote:
Silly ITG fanboys.

Oh god, the overwhelming irony.

Quote:
DDR is still going to be the king, no matter what.

Probably because it has legions of total and complete idiotic fansheep who are totally convinced that DDArgh is the best game simply because it says "DDR" on it, and actually have little to no experience with any other arrow smashing game.

Quote:
300 songs, new improved graphics, c'mon?? C'MON??!!??!!

250 of which are OLD. I see no upgrade to something better than those awful looking sprites. Maybe a higher resolution/framerate, which it is just now catching up with in regards to PIU and ITG.

Quote:
And who cares, it gives you something more to play

I guess if you like playing 7s all day long and think charts with 2 sets of (8) jackhammers are well-written.

Quote:
And if somebody plays ITG, and does not know what Didder is, they need to be pimp smacked.

What about all the mindless drones who bash and rail on non-DDR games but don't actually have any real objective experience with such games? Should they continue posting in their ignorance, or should they be cut down and shown how stupid they really are?

Asymptote wrote:
I just think it is so stupid to judge a game as "too easy" when youve never even played it. Or to even imply you can't have fun playing 8-10 footers.

Because OH GOD GUESS WHAT people can actually tell that they don't have fun playing 8 footers when they've had to do it for so long already. We have seen one new 10 (Mugen is excluded as its steps were clearly nowhere near the 10 level), and its steps were typical Konami "hay lets make it hard lol" fare. DoLL and Xepher are very easy for 9s. Everything else I have seen is below the 9 level. To people who play *at least* the 9-10 level of ITG, it is very clear that the DDR mix is "too easy."

As for this original topic, I imagine you'll very quickly notice the drop from rendered models to sprites. If you do actually like the idea of customizing your gameplay experience with not only speed mods but other chart and display mods, then DDArgh will probably feel like a rather large step down.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synth said everything I wanted to say.
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand why everythinks that playing 1 game more than the other makes them a fanboy. I'm sorry it's not fun AAing everything. I just prefer ITG because the music is more my style, its an upgraded challenge, and I think has a better scoring method. So I'm not really a fanboy thanks, I do play DDR every once in a while but thats only when I'm with friends at a movie or something.
TheEnemy287
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play both DDR and ITG. I'm a big fan of both...

Both have things to work on, to get better at, to enjoy.

So what if DDR happens to be easier than ITG? So what if ITG has a tighter frame rate and better pickup on the arrows?

This isn't David VS Goliath anymore, no more Wal-Mart VS Mom-and-pop. This is two gaming systems, with the same idea, trying to create something for people to play and enjoy. When are we going to just say "DDR and ITG both have their good qualities", and just leave it at that?

Is it that hard to accept? To just say "I'm looking for something harder, and ITG gives it to me." Or even to say "I prefer DDR because it's easier." To just give up this battle of which is better... ITG has harder, faster, more complicated charts, more effects to put on the arrows. It's an improved upon version of the game we love. Same with PUI (And I'm not a fan of PUI, But I give it credit.) It's taking something we grew to enjoy playing, and giving us a new level of difficulty, it's giving us something new to work for.

I'll admit it. DDR songs are easier. By a good bit at that. ITG gives you more to work for...

But just because of that, I'm not going to hate DDR, and say I won't play it, or not play the new versions of the games... It's still different, something else to have fun on, even if you arn't busting your buttocks off playing it.

It's a game. That's as simple as I can put it... This shouldn't be about what's better, or what's harder... It should be about getting a group of friends, playing the game, and having fun, no matter how good or horrible a person is. It should be about good old competition amongst people. We shouldn't hate one version of a game with similar ideas because of who created it, or how hard it is...

Not liking, or even hating, not giving it the time of day, is like a white man hating a black man because he isn't white.

The EXACT same thing.

DDR and ITG and PUI are all of the same breed. All common sense says, you wouldn't judge a man or a woman by the color of their skin, so why should a game be any different?

These games should support each other, not be hated by their players. Give yourself some variety, no matter how much easier or harder the game is.

That's all I have to say... I hope, maybe, just maybe, I opened some eyes and minds, and some people might change their views a little.

Just play for the hell of it. Not because of what company makes it.

*scratch* I need it...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Houou Don't You Want Me
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's an improved upon version of the game we love."

This just about sums it up. Why would I want to play a game that's just not as good as ITG in just about every aspect? ITG developers actually go great lengths to improve the game with player feedback. Konami insists on leaving their game as outdated as it is: they are treating DDR like a cash-cow, but it's obvious the cow's udders are reaaaally dry by now. Why can't they give the game the same attention as IIDX?
klenta
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There needs to be a kudos system or something.

Anyway, very nicely written TheEnemy287.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
nerds day out
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back to playing DDR after months of ITG and I got an A on Kind Lady. goog.gif
Although I passed Max 300 for the first time the same day with an A.
The timing is so different, and it makes me sad. :c
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I play DDR now the perfect window feels to big.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What annoys me regarding the perfect window is that it never seems to be in the same place for each song, and is apparently set in such a way that if I get a great I cannot tell any change in my timing, but when I start getting excellents and greats everywhere in ITG it does feel that I was off proportional to the degree of my bad grade.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: