Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The easiest nine footer in In the Groove: An actual poll!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the easiest ITG 9 to score and be consistent on?
Da Roots
42%
 42%  [ 35 ]
Rom-eo & Juli8
14%
 14%  [ 12 ]
Birdie
24%
 24%  [ 20 ]
No Princess
9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
Other (State in thread if possible)
9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 83

Rainault
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonTheGreater wrote:
Rainault wrote:
I'll have to change my mind and say Disconnected ~Mobius Mix~ There are so many holds in that song, it's hard not to score well. So long as you can get the reverse crossovers in the middle (the trick is to double-step when the arrow isn't a hold and alternate feet when the arrow is a hold) and hop the mines at the end, it's a really easy song.

You know it's really easy to just alternate feet the whole song. There aren't any double steps in it at all.

Pardon me. By "double-step", I meant use the same foot for two consecutive arrows, not necessarily in a stream. The section immediately before the slowdown confused me when I first tried that song, and I couldn't do it right without spinning until I figured it out, as indicated in my quote above.
View users profile Send private message
Blair
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Boogie Down? It has a nice strong beat and good sync. Just double step all the crossovers.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Pandemonium Medium? I always found that I could score mid 90s and stay around that pretty easily (although my TV's sound was half-busted, so anything sync'd to treble clef just wasn't there).

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Kaku
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boogie Down or Driving Force Classical for me.

10's wouldn't be D-Code though. I'd pick Tribal Style.
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disconnected hyper hard ftw

sup i play Gunbound also
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Boochypa
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: The easiest nine footer in In the Groove: An actual poll Reply with quote

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
Vote for what you think is the easiest expert nine footer in In the Groove or In the Groove 2 to score.

Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got pwn3d by the fact that the poll doesn't say that, but actually the first post.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
#Infinity
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disconnected Mobius Mix is a laughably easy nine on Expert. It's seriously easier on Expert than it is on Hard (only 349 steps?). Needless to say, it actually has fewer steps than the Hard stepchart. It may have a ton of freezes, but those aren't very hard to tackle in my opinion, which thus clearly makes it the easiest ITG 9-footer.
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also has that 24th note gallop section and the minefield at the end, both of which can be tricky to FA.

None of the songs listed in the poll have anything more complicated than 16th notes.
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROM-eo and Juli8...

btw, anybody else think that Hand of Time should be a hard 9 instead of a 10?

XDDDD
#Infinity
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boochypa wrote:
It also has that 24th note gallop section and the minefield at the end, both of which can be tricky to FA.

None of the songs listed in the poll have anything more complicated than 16th notes.

The point is, the density of the steps is so low in Disconnected Mobius Mix that it's not a very overwhelming or tiring stepchart. The 24th-gallop section has absolutely nothing on long streams of 16th notes that some other 9-footers in ITG possess, and the minefield near the end is easy to avoid because the step patterns are rather simplistic.
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Infinity wrote:
The point is, the density of the steps is so low in Disconnected Mobius Mix that it's not a very overwhelming or tiring stepchart. The 24th-gallop section has absolutely nothing on long streams of 16th notes that some other 9-footers in ITG possess, and the minefield near the end is easy to avoid because the step patterns are rather simplistic.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that we're talking about the easiest one to score, not to pass.

And since when was a run of five 16th notes considered "long"?
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disconnected Mobius is actually my highest 9 footer expert score right now, I think. Might be tied with Kiss Me Red or Boogie Down though, but out of the songs on that list none of them are in my top 3 9 footer scores.
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boochypa wrote:
#Infinity wrote:

You seem to be ignoring the fact that we're talking about the easiest one to score, not to pass.

And since when was a run of five 16th notes considered "long"?

IMO, Disconnected Mobius Mix IS easy to score as long as you're playing using C300 or C450 to negate the problem of the tempo change in the song. Also, while the stepchart has some weird tricks, it has few steps to overcome (and actually, they're not difficult to overcome because they aren't horribly syncopated except for the steps during the slow-down part).

Also, I guess you're right that 5-step streams aren't long; to me, they're just medium. However, for 16th-notes, they can actually be quite tricky to overcome if they aren't in simple patterns such as left-right-left-right-left.
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Infinity wrote:

IMO, Disconnected Mobius Mix IS easy to score as long as you're playing using C300 or C450 to negate the problem of the tempo change in the song. Also, while the stepchart has some weird tricks, it has few steps to overcome (and actually, they're not difficult to overcome because they aren't horribly syncopated except for the steps during the slow-down part).

Also, I guess you're right that 5-step streams aren't long; to me, they're just medium. However, for 16th-notes, they can actually be quite tricky to overcome if they aren't in simple patterns such as left-right-left-right-left.

Too bad Cmods disqualify the score and therefore don't count. Not that the BPM chage is a problem anyway.

Mobius is pretty easy to FA, but so are songs like ROMeo & Juli8 and Birdie and they don't have the planted twisting or the mines that actually do more than just take up space on the screen. The relative lack of arrows just means that each non-fantastic will hurt your precent more than it would in other songs. Even with the small(ish) number of steps, it's probably the only song mentioned in this thread I haven't SDE'd. IMO there are better choices than Mobius.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
#Infinity
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair wrote:
#Infinity wrote:

Too bad Cmods disqualify the score and therefore don't count. Not that the BPM chage is a problem anyway.

Mobius is pretty easy to FA, but so are songs like ROMeo & Juli8 and Birdie and they don't have the planted twisting or the mines that actually do more than just take up space on the screen. The relative lack of arrows just means that each non-fantastic will hurt your precent more than it would in other songs. Even with the small(ish) number of steps, it's probably the only song mentioned in this thread I haven't SDE'd. IMO there are better choices than Mobius.

You've really got a point, at least, for when you aren't trying to get all Fantastics on the song. Thus, Mobius is probably one of the easiest 9-footers to FA, but not to get a high score in other respects.
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote was for Da Roots. Easy ***.
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
mydixiewrecked
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My highest score for Da Roots: 98.53%
My highest score for ROM-eo and Juli8: 98.52%

Da Roots gets my vote just barely.
#Infinity
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I didn't think of this one before! The easiest 9-footer in ITG is hands down Tough Enough on Expert. It has extremely few steps, and unlike Mobius, it has no real tricks that will make it hard to receive a high score. End of thread, period.
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people not realize that having very few steps makes a song harder to score in this situation?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: