Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Sweet World... :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrgannus
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, I just played this song on expert for the first time today.

OMG

I was coughing and wheezing by the time I got through. Oh wow, no 10 should be that tiring. Don't get me wrong, it was a really fun chart and I've played harder songs "technically" but that song whipped me more than PSMO (For all you ITG only players, its probably the hardest DDR song out as of now, but FaxX will beat it when Supernova comes out.)

Anyway, love the song, love the steps.......but it should be an 11 because it's too damn tiring.

This coming from the man who thinks Vertex should be an 11.
View users profile Send private message
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faxx is not as consistently hard as PSMO. I seriously doubt that it will have a lower pass % than PSMO. As for Sweet World, I nearly beat it at the end of like a 7 hour set of ITG, so you can imagine how tired I was at that point. You might have been exerting too much energy if you got *that* tired.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Kaku
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synaesthesia wrote:
Faxx is not as consistently hard as PSMO. I seriously doubt that it will have a lower pass % than PSMO. As for Sweet World, I nearly beat it at the end of like a 7 hour set of ITG, so you can imagine how tired I was at that point. You might have been exerting too much energy if you got *that* tired.

err you sure?

it's only available on Extra Stage AFAIK, which means ~5-8 misses and you're dead.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synaesthesia wrote:
As for Sweet World, I nearly beat it at the end of like a 7 hour set of ITG, so you can imagine how tired I was at that point. You might have been exerting too much energy if you got *that* tired.

I finally beat it last night on Expert after playing about 5 sets in a row. So I was like, WATER PLZ KTHX.

But yay I beat it biggrin.gif
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's currently only available on Extra Stage. The second it's unlocked for regular play or whatever, it's definitely not hard. Also, when the random extra stage suck (surprise surprise) and I step off the machine, about 12-14 arrows pass before the bar drains totally.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
nerds day out
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa.
There's an extra stage for ITG?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrgannus wrote:
Oh wow, I just played this song on expert for the first time today.

OMG

I was coughing and wheezing by the time I got through. Oh wow, no 10 should be that tiring. Don't get me wrong, it was a really fun chart and I've played harder songs "technically" but that song whipped me more than PSMO (For all you ITG only players, its probably the hardest DDR song out as of now, but FaxX will beat it when Supernova comes out.)

Anyway, love the song, love the steps.......but it should be an 11 because it's too damn tiring.

This coming from the man who thinks Vertex should be an 11.

Yeah, it is a pretty hard 10. But im not sure if it should be an 11. It's pretty much right on the border
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nerds day out wrote:
Whoa.
There's an extra stage for ITG?

No, the side discussion involves Faxx on DDArgh.

G_G
nerds day out
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-scratches head-
Kay.
blink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Kaku
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synaesthesia wrote:
It's currently only available on Extra Stage. The second it's unlocked for regular play or whatever, it's definitely not hard. Also, when the random extra stage suck (surprise surprise) and I step off the machine, about 12-14 arrows pass before the bar drains totally.

Well yea, but usually the first 10 or so arrows are enough to kill the bar while the other 2-4 just go along with it cause it's still draining.

Plus I'm pretty sure misses subtract more health the further you are into the song. I remember playing LOM extra stage and missing the first 6 notes and still living, but when I missed one near the end of the song my lifebar went down by about a quarter or a third.

I'd still think it's harder than PSMO if both were played on Extra Stage or not.

As for the topic, I hate the steps of Sweet World. Probably because I get greats on the 32nd note runs, but yea =\ Can't FA that song too well.
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its tough to score on but there are many harder 10's than Sweet World. Staminawise it's got nothing on Know Your Enemy or Bouff
Basic Member
Basic Member

31. PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaku☆ wrote:
Synaesthesia wrote:

Well yea, but usually the first 10 or so arrows are enough to kill the bar while the other 2-4 just go along with it cause it's still draining.

Plus I'm pretty sure misses subtract more health the further you are into the song. I remember playing LOM extra stage and missing the first 6 notes and still living, but when I missed one near the end of the song my lifebar went down by about a quarter or a third.

I'd still think it's harder than PSMO if both were played on Extra Stage or not.

As for the topic, I hate the steps of Sweet World. Probably because I get greats on the 32nd note runs, but yea =\ Can't FA that song too well.
32nd note runs? All I remember are the two 32nd drills...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
UTOPIA
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultros wrote:
That funny Geico commercial wrote:
I think it would be the bomb if you showed the gecko doing the robot

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I KNEW IT!!! When I first heard that song I knew it was very familiar to that commercial, and I feel SO much better knowing that I'm not the only one that thinks that also. Now I can get on with my life, lmoa. laugh.gif JK,JK...

But still this means that the score is ITG 1, DDR 0. Because what commercial have you watched that has a DDR song in it (besides the one commercial advertising the EyeToy that has .59 playing in the background)?

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Jimizzle
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTOPIA wrote:
But still this means that the score is ITG 1, DDR 0. Because what commercial have you watched that has a DDR song in it (besides the one commercial advertising the EyeToy that has .59 playing in the background)?

You are a very stupid person. Please stop talking.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please stop whoring BB code too. The regular font is perfect; you don't need to have it bigger or anything like that. Thanks. E1.gif

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimizzle wrote:
UTOPIA wrote:

You are a very stupid person. Please stop talking.

lol that's hillarious laugh.gif ...
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do Sweet World often, but I still like it. I also agree with Kiba, in that whether you love or hate the steps they are very original.

On a side note I think the song is a 10 because the jumps can be bs'ed. While they're difficult to FA, they can still be full comboed since you can hit both notes at the same time and get a fantastic and an excellent.
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
AFAD
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asymptote wrote:
Its tough to score on but there are many harder 10's than Sweet World. Staminawise it's got nothing on Know Your Enemy or Bouff

orr, Visible Noise's retartedness -.-
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAD wrote:
Asymptote wrote:

Don't forget Tension.
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Houou Don't You Want Me
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's DAF! wrote:
AFAD wrote:
Asymptote wrote:

Don't forget Tension.

Are you serious? Tension is awesome.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: