Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDr resPect
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killingscum
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: DDr resPect Reply with quote

Do your friends respect you about ddr. Or do they make fun of you?

Mine: they just kinda like woah, ur good man. yea.

how bout you guys?
XOR-SYS
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of my friends are ashamed to be around when DDR is going on (or so they say), but the rest are taking a shine to it. This one guy at our school sets up two metal pads in the drama room and a bunch of people come in and play every lunch period. Sometimes we get spectators who want to play, and usually enjoy it.

2MB = tomb?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
killingscum
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XOR-SYS wrote:
A few of my friends are ashamed to be around when DDR is going on (or so they say), but the rest are taking a shine to it. This one guy at our school sets up two metal pads in the drama room and a bunch of people come in and play every lunch period. Sometimes we get spectators who want to play, and usually enjoy it.

nice--i wish we had ddr at our school. laugh.gif E4.gif frown.gif
Kai-Hikari
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my school, I, as well as one of my friends, am trying to start up a DDR club. Most people think that's a stupid idea, but some people like it. Currently I'm trying to get pads and a game to set up at school, and if all goes well, the club'll start up in January.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my freinds think its cool that im really good and stuff but they are sick of me talking about it 24/7
and speaking of getting pads set up at your school, my school just got 2 modified cobolt flux pads with ITG!!!!!! yeah its crazy lol
DDRgypsy
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny cause my friends are in total awe of me! Last weekend they were over at my house and we were playing Extreeme 2 and they were amazed at how I could go on playing for hours on end. They called me a "DDR Jedi master"! I was extreemly flatter but had to correct them for I am only a lowley padiwan(not even on heavy yet...)

"When I close my eyes, I can still see the scrolling arrows!"
View users profile Send private message
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caps iN the miDdlE of SentEnces iS kEwl!
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
GNOME_300
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close friends think its cool but kinda pointless

Will be taking it to school soon so will get more of a feed back then.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well most of my friends play DDR but the ones who dont are like sorta ashamed i guess...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain_Jack89
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a DDR Club at my school 2 weeks ago, about 7 people joined. Most of the kids said that it was gay....when I came in the morning to set up, I started playing because I was bored and a lot of kids saw me and wanted to join. Most of them were the ones that said it was gay.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Razor LOL
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is quite a sad story...

most of my buds hate it and say it's stupid (prolably because they suck) but what really kills me is my friend who actually helped me grow into the player i've become now (the only song i have yet to pass is PSMO) now calls me a ddr freak (in a bad way) and i don't play it nearly as often as most people play that go to this site.

There's only one person i know that shares the same passion that i have in ddr, and i'm currently coaching him into making the transistion to heavy.

No one else that i know will give ddr a chance, so as you can see, life sucks for me E2.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RevenG Survivor MAX wrote:
this is quite a sad story...

most of my buds hate it and say it's stupid (prolably because they suck) but what really kills me is my friend who actually helped me grow into the player i've become now (the only song i have yet to pass is PSMO) now calls me a ddr freak (in a bad way) and i don't play it nearly as often as most people play that go to this site.

There's only one person i know that shares the same passion that i have in ddr, and i'm currently coaching him into making the transistion to heavy.

No one else that i know will give ddr a chance, so as you can see, life sucks for me E2.gif

Being bosnian sure won't change that.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
xxvxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play DDR at school. we have DDR Max2.
coolness.
we used to be able to play it at lunch in the workout room, but they changed (apparently no one was there to watch us).
People call me a pro when i'm playing an easy song to please the other person that i'm playing (usually a girl).

i like to play with a boy, because they think they can play, but they can't (not at our school anyway).
[/offtopic]
Tyrgannus
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends say its completely dumb looking and smile and nod when I talk about DDR. People I really don't know, however, once saw me in the mall (complete coincidence) and they thought I was "amazinzorz" (yes, those were there words.) Fortunately for me, I was doing MaxX Unlimited heavy when they saw me. I have had a few people start liking DDR because of me, but not many. I actively am training someone now and am helping him with double-stepping as he has a hard time anticipating what his feet must do in a double step situation. (Its fun to watch him freak during Daikenkai lol)
cpurola
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys think YOU have it bad....
I'm 49yrs.old and am terribly addicted to this game. I know the other moms at my daughter's middle school think I'm nuts when I tell them how much I paid for my CF doubles. (600) They know about it because I take those and a couple of ignitions to school for DDR intramurals once a month, and activity afternoons every other month.
I've also seen teachers whispering to each other and looking my way.
Now, it really doesn't bother me much except that I want to convert everyone around me into DDR addicts too. And if you think it's hard to get your friends to try it.... just imagine me trying to get THEIR PARENTS to try it! laugh.gif
CindyP
Vince Mestas
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, my mom saw me play at the arcade once and she got into it. she can do most 7 foot and a couple 8's (she's 52 and her freinds think she is insane)
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went to Las Vegas (my family) and my mom saw me play DDR at the arcade there. She was amazed and at the same time, proud. Roffle.

A lot of people at my school know what DDR is. If you go to the arcade, I'm sure that they'll play at least one game of DDR if not watch people or their friends play it. It's become very popular at our school, as EVERYONE knows about it.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
dj_sammylvr03
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone laughs and says "Heh. You play DDR? WTF is DDR?" I telll them and they're liem"that retarded game?" And i say how alot of people play it and he's like "Yeah right"
cpurola
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dymonyte wrote:
hehe, my mom saw me play at the arcade once and she got into it. she can do most 7 foot and a couple 8's (she's 52 and her freinds think she is insane)

Hey, I'd like to meet your mom. I keep thinking maybe we all (us oldsters) could get together and challenge each other to get better. You know, kind of like what you youngins' do now.
Wait a minute there is a thread in the Gameplay topic:
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=98366

I've been reading and occasionally posting, but they are all way beyond me. I think I need a beginner, old folks thread. E13.gif

Oh, and we could swap stories about how crazy all our contemporaries (same age friends and relatives) think we are. laugh.gif
So, get her on DDR Freak so we can talk about our aches and pains. (after doing too much ddr) laugh.gif
CindyP
Tonto
Basic Member
Basic Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get lots of mixed feelings. i have a group of friends that don't even know me when i play and a group of friends that i go to the arcade with. its madness having two groups of friends madness i tell you hahaha!!!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: