Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Correct me if im wrong please...
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haste_07
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Correct me if im wrong please... Reply with quote

ahmm.. ok.. this thread is actuaLLy about ''how many arrows does MAXX UNLIMITED have''

coz im getting confuse bout' it..
when i perfect MAXX UNLIMITED on PS2 ''DDR MAX 2''
MAXX UNLIMITED has 600 combo in totaL.. But here in DDR Freak MAXX UNLIMITED onLy have 555..... blink.gif

hmmmm..??? which of it is correct.??? 600? or 555?
i Think 600 am i right..???

sorry, but im getting confuse.. thats it.. ^_~

Last edited by Haste_07 on Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
greatcity1UP ▶◀
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, a jump is considered only ONE step. If you step on a jump in any DDR game, it counts as two arrows for your combo, but it counts as one step, which is why you only get one perfect/great/etc. for a jump.

So the Max combo for MAXX UNLIMITED is 600, but the max number of steps it has is 555. So they're both right.

Must be a tight fit.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
psisarah
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greatcity1UP ▶◀ wrote:
The thing is, a jump is considered only ONE step. If you step on a jump in any DDR game, it counts as two arrows for your combo, but it counts as one step, which is why you only get one perfect/great/etc. for a jump.

So the Max combo for MAXX UNLIMITED is 600, but the max number of steps it has is 555. So they're both right.

Actually no, since there's WAY too many jumps in MaxX Unlimited for there to only be a difference of 5.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psisar wrote:
greatcity1UP ▶◀ wrote:

Actually no, since there's WAY too many jumps in MaxX Unlimited for there to only be a difference of 5.

Completly agree with Psisar. There are an ungodly amount of jumps in this song, so this theory wouldn't make sense.

However, maybe there is an error in the numbers somewhere; maybe the combo number is wrong. The whole "jumps equaling 2, but counting as one" are correct, but there has to be something wrong with the combo, er something riiight.gif

*Formerly known as That DDR guy at Gr. Lakes*
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before Konami royally fucked up their counting systems with EXTREME US/Festival/Fusion, jumps were worth 2. 555 steps, 600 combo.
View users profile Send private message
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That DDR guy at Gr. Lakes wrote:
psisar wrote:
greatcity1UP ▶◀ wrote:

Completly agree with Psisar. There are an ungodly amount of jumps in this song, so this theory wouldn't make sense.

However, maybe there is an error in the numbers somewhere; maybe the combo number is wrong. The whole "jumps equaling 2, but counting as one" are correct, but there has to be something wrong with the combo, er something riiight.gif

Nothing is wrong:

600 - 555 = 45
...and there are 45 jumps in MaxX (I just counted). It all works.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

6. PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone was a bit lazy on the math for this one huh?

Jump count as a +2 combo, there are 45 jumps in MaxX Unlimited which gives you the combo of 600 but the AAA at 555 perfects.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:

Jump count as a +2 combo, there are 45 jumps in MaxX Unlimited which gives you the combo of 600 but the AAA at 555 perfects.

My bad. I totally read the numbers wrong.
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E11.gif
champy champy champy!!!

hehehe..

confusing numberz huh..?
E9.gif
Max the Legendary Dancer
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so if MaxX has 555 steps for a MAX combo of 600, then explain this situation:

I'm in training mode learning the steps for MaxX Heavy. I don't play the first time; just observe. When the results come: I get 612 boos, instead of 555 or 600. Now when I play the same song on my dualshock to see if that was an error by the game, I added everything but the OK's and the Max Combo and I get...612!

NOTE: This is Max2 USA for PS2.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Demon Bryant
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...unless it's an edit, I don't think it's possible to get a combo of 612 on MaxX...
And now, obviously, we request picture proof, lol. Cause if that is happening...that's really weird...

But yeah, to apply to the topic at hand...
45 jumps...
Jumps count as 2 towards combo...
So yeah...everything that has already been established, lol.
Max 300: A (Modless but bar)
MaxX Unlimited: A (Modless and barless)
The Legend of Max: B (Modless but bar)
Paranoia Survivor: AA (Modless but bar)
Paranoia Survivor Max Heavy: B (Modless but bar)
Paranoia Survivor Max Oni: E
Max.(period): A (Modless and barless, but home-version *obviously*)
Jimizzle
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way MaxX Unlimited has way too many jumps E10.gif
Haste_07
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max the Legendary Dancer wrote:
Okay, so if MaxX has 555 steps for a MAX combo of 600, then explain this situation:

I'm in training mode learning the steps for MaxX Heavy. I don't play the first time; just observe. When the results come: I get 612 boos, instead of 555 or 600. Now when I play the same song on my dualshock to see if that was an error by the game, I added everything but the OK's and the Max Combo and I get...612!

NOTE: This is Max2 USA for PS2.

YOU are DefiniteLy Right..!! even without screen shot or whatsoever i agree with what max the Legendary Dancer notice.. I aLso got 612 boos on MAXX UNLIMITED (Training Mode) ''US Version'' -DDR MAX2-..!!!!! i am geting reaLLy confuse Bout it' waaaaaaaaaaaaa..!!! laugh.gif
so. how do you expLain that..???laugh.gif

Last edited by Haste_07 on Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Paranoia_Brother
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:

Apparently no one reads the post history. Please do.

Quoted for emphasis and to confirm the answer to this thread; Via Phrekwenci

*Formerly known as That DDR guy at Gr. Lakes*
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Max the Legendary Dancer
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demon Bryant wrote:
Umm...unless it's an edit, I don't think it's possible to get a combo of 612 on MaxX...
And now, obviously, we request picture proof, lol. Cause if that is happening...that's really weird...

It's not an edit, it's the normal stepchart. And if you want proof, play MAX2 in training mode and let the arrows fly by. You'll get 612 boos. And if you play it, the sum of the Perfects/Greats/Goods/Almosts[Boos]/Boos[Misses] will be 612 despite the max combo being 600 if you full combo it. Weird...
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I tried a few things and I have this figured out.

The number is 611, not 612.

If you step on a freeze but then let it go, you will get a Perfect/Great/whatever for the step and nothing for the N.G. But if you miss a freeze completely, it will count as two boos. There are exactly 56 freezes in MaxX. Missing all of them (not just N.G.ing them) will add 56 extra boos, which explains why you'll have 611 at the end (555 + 56 = 611). If you turn freezes off, you'll get 555 boos.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
Max the Legendary Dancer
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AA Bob wrote:
Okay, I tried a few things and I have this figured out.

The number is 611, not 612.

If you step on a freeze but then let it go, you will get a Perfect/Great/whatever for the step and nothing for the N.G. But if you miss a freeze completely, it will count as two boos. There are exactly 56 freezes in MaxX. Missing all of them (not just N.G.ing them) will add 56 extra boos, which explains why you'll have 611 at the end (555 + 56 = 611). If you turn freezes off, you'll get 555 boos.

I never noticed that the freezes counted toward the step total in that mix, so i'll try it with no freezes to confirm that is has 555. Well, I was 1 step off my number, since 612 came off the top of my head. Great observation, but does missing a jump-freeze count as 3 boos or just 2, since there are two freezes in a jump-freeze (like the freeze before the pause)?
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing a jump-freeze only gives you two boos. I meant to say that, but I forgot. E4.gif
Max the Legendary Dancer
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another thing that's weird; nailing a jump-freeze gets you ONE O.K., while ITG gives you 2 O.K's [YEAH's]. The hell?
Solar-Wind
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max the Legendary Dancer wrote:
And another thing that's weird; nailing a jump-freeze gets you ONE O.K., while ITG gives you 2 O.K's [YEAH's]. The hell?

why is it so wierd that 2 different games may have slightly different scoring systems?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: