Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The survival players Thread

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAMAsurvivor
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: The survival players Thread Reply with quote

I have not seen a thread for this... anyone else here play Survival mode on ITG2... and even better are there any doubles players on survival... Or am the only one in the world to whore that mode out... Lets create a thread for serious survival players where we could post scores and discuss survival mode... I have a few doubles scores for survival... anyone else want to share their survival pics

Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like quick speed mods, so obviously the first one I'd try is Speeder. I loved it and passed it as my first survival passed on my first try. It was posted in the Official Accomplishments Thread, but I'll post it here too. :> I love survival modes for the new challenges that they bring. biggrin.gif

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
FujiFlame
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh I think Perception is the hardest Survival to pass. Stress-wise, Speeder is off the charts; I was gripping the bar and sweating more during Speeder than I do on most 12 footers; it's such a psychologically stressful course. I have a 96.xx on both Speeder and Slower, and the only other one I've played is Perceptiond and I didn't pass. I think its pretty neat though.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
TAMAsurvivor
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant even pass speeder... that farthest i have gone is halfway through sweet world... way too fast... I am working on slower doubles but energizer on medium doubles is hard and on 0.5x... the farthest i could go is the slowdown and thats it!!!
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

97.25 Decelerated, wooo.

95.89 Slower (Comboed the Energizer slowdown^^)

If our pads will cooperate, I'll see what else I can take down tonight

...my tail? What of it?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that Slower will be the last or hardest course for me to pass, as I dislike slow speeds. I love fast speed mods and need it to do well in the game, so yeah. E10.gif

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Kaku
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do crap on Blinker ><

The rest are easier, most of all speeder.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
ThemsAllTook
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I was at the arcade, I passed my first survival course, Slower. I just had to learn to step really early in Agent Blatant and really late in that one part of Summer -speedy mix-. disturb.gif

My next arcade trip is going to be mostly dedicated to Marathon and Survival mode. I'm going to have to try some of these things on double mode...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
TAMAsurvivor
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only whore out survival and marathon... But out of doubles survival my favorite has to be Space... its like the only one where i could get to the end with like a score over 90%... I cant even pass bloodrush doubles on speeder... that was way too much adrenaline needed to pass that on doubles. Blinker was crap i lost at funk factory. However in my arcade i only whore out that mode and i am like the only one that plays it so having those scores... i know there has to be the better FA players that could defintely beat my scores.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Space a few times when ITG2 came out, think my best was like...98% or thereabouts.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slower is lol ez, and the rest of the courses aren't that tough, but Speeder and Perception are totally impossible. >:/

I haven't played much survival double, because I'm lazy. I think I passed... Mirage or something on double. I need to do Robot, because that course is fun and Robotix double hard is crazy.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell? Speeder is the easiest course on there by far E19.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speeder is only easy if youre one of those people that can play 4x on every song and read the fast speed mods... I have basically ofund out a trend in our arcade with players and speed mods... Youre either real good at slower/ speeder and then you suck at its opposite. For Me I am real good at slower and can Read energizer on 0.5x with no problem... But I am the player who never uses a speed mod over 2x. In fact i only use 2x when playing expert because it is all you really need to make it easy enough to read. most of the time i will use 1.5x and if i play on hard i use 1x. But on a course like speeder the 3x is ok, the 3.5 is ok... but 4x is way way too fast for me. and to think it gets faster after that. sweet world 4.5 OMG!!! too fast. But on the opposite end of this... there is always the player who uses 3x or 4x as a minumum... because they are used to using faster speed mods... when they play anything remotely slower than that it is designed to throw then off. A lotof our faster mods players get creamed on slower when it goes to 1x or 0.75x on summer. Even I playd slower with one of our elite players and he failed at the energizer slowdown because it was crunched together so tight. So regarding the thoughts on slower and speeder my 2 cents is that you are either good at one of them and you will suck at the other.
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decelerated is by far the hardest course I've tried. I got all fantastics on Bumble Bee and still had less than 10 seconds left at the end of the song. I failed during Life of a Butterfly the first time, and right at the end of Ize Pie on the second. I passed 7 of the other courses first try. Haven't tried Perception yet, but it looks just as bad with the first three songs being 2s. It has flip on right?

The first survival course I played/passed was Slower, and I even full comboed Energizer's slowdown. My comfortable scroll rate is about 400, so I have more trouble with Bloodrush in Speeder, even though my first time playing that course, my life bar was full for all of One False Move.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toady007 wrote:
I have trouble with Space during that song where it's on 2.5x Expand or something. I suck hard at high speeds.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toady007 wrote:

Haha, it's cause we're NorCal? :O

Jay kay, it just depends on some people. If you think Speeder is hella easy then you're going to suck hardcore on Slower. That's how it is for me.

I need to play Survival more and I REALLY need to improve my Speeder score. I can do hella better.

[/NorCal]

| Pics | Play-Asia |
TAMAsurvivor
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I suprised myself yesterday and passed mirage on doubles... I fonaly conquered wake up on hard and those hands.. ehich hands on doubles is hard enough!!! heres the pic to prove it!!!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: