Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

PIU or ITG2

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
partyboy
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: PIU or ITG2 Reply with quote

Ok me and my friend got in to a argument about witch is harder PIU or ITG2 so, Im takeing somewhat of a poll
Summer expert or Cannon-D Nightmare
ITG2 has hands so does PIU
ITG2 has mines. PIU dosent
The step to hard to tell So what are your thoughts on this?
PIU or ITG2?
View users profile Send private message
'Ivan
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIU Exceed (2). HANDS DOWN. LOOK FOR NIGHTMARE VIDEOS AND TREMBLE. shocked.gif

Heck, wasn't it a ITG staff member who said right here at DDR Freak some thing to the effect that some of PIU's nightmare charts make Pandy look like Candy? *gets lynched for horrible, horrible pun*

...Summer isn't that hard compared to a certain other song or two, but that's another topic.

If you end up joining, put "ThreeLeafIvy" in the referrer box, will ya? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MiiChan
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your talking strictly doubles...Pump owns. Look no further then at Dignity, Final Audition: Episode 1, Love is a Danger Zone, Another Step, etc.

Now, if your talking singles, I think ITG has a slight edge, IMO. Stuff like Pandy looks hellish hard when you include mines and almost 200 more steps. However, Pandy is more striaghtforward death runs, while Dignity is about Death Runs, triples, and serious twisting.
DDR_KiD_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIU is harder, no doubt about it. In my opinion, PIU is better, harder, and more interesting than DDR and ITG both. Mines on ITG arn't that big of a deal, just hit the arrows, haha.

I love that question.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Kaku
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If PIU failed you according to the lifebar like ITG did, I don't see how a lot of Nightmare songs would be passed :\ The ITG songs can be passed with life remaining throughout the entire song, while many of the most difficult PIU songs can only be passed by getting under the amount of misses required to fail (unless of course you're an elite PIU player). I mean, how hard would ITG be if you just needed 60% to pass a song and lifebar didn't matter? :\

If you consider the stepcharts against each other then PIU has more difficult ones in both single and double. ITG makes up for its easier difficulty with its empty lifebar = fail style of gameplay akin to DDR's.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
MiiChan
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaku wrote:
If PIU failed you according to the lifebar like ITG did, I don't see how a lot of Nightmare songs would be passed :\ .

Freezes my friend. Freezes. You can suck on certian parts, then replenish life with freezes, and don't suck on the next run.
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of PIU single, even stuff like Dignity doesn't look too bad to me, especially compared to Pandemonium and Summer.

I suck at PIU double, though, so I can't really compare there.

EDIT: Also, I don't really like PIU's stepcharts as much. Too much technique, not enough rhythm. I like straightforward steps that follow the music and interesting technical parts when appropriate... not piles of twisting runs that follow nothing.

Last edited by Rancidfish on Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total
v-Bigfizzle
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIU is definately harder
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I think its harder yet more fun... who doesnt love pump me amedeus on crazy E1.gif
mmmm p'zone :)
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pumps harder but you also have to remember pump has 5 arrows and when you play the uber hard songs it gets quite confuzing

but itg2 it better
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
red shoe paul
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kekkai Genkai wrote:
pumps harder but you also have to remember pump has 5 arrows and when you play the uber hard songs it gets quite confuzing

but itg2 it better

Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIU Nightmare>ITG Singles=ITG Doubles>PIU Crazy.

Crazy is a cinch because of the easy as pie grading system.

But then again, if PIU had the same Lifebar as ITG, I believe Dignity would really only have been passed by 50 or less people in America by now.

Give me a challenge so I know what to play next time I go.

ULTIMATE HIGH SCHOOL SPRING SEASON:
Ooltewah is the UPA 2008 High School State Champion! Yay for doing something before leaving high school.
partyboy
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ill give you this. PIU does have WAY harder steps on dubbles they own that one. BUT I was thinking about the life bar thing. that is true a veary few amount of peeps would have passed Dignity nightmare. Also, what about the song lenth? I dunno about the song lenth of PIU cuz I have really played it, but ITG and ITG2 works wonders with stanima just wate till ITG3 comes out then its outch time lol.
cj iwakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a whole, ITG's songs are much longer. I think the longest regular length song is, unsurprisingly, Dignity(~1:48).

However, bear in mind, Exceed 2 has remixes. X-Treme/Vook/Beat Of The War on Another Step Crazy/Nightmareis the stamina killer to end them all. Two minutes and forty eight seconds of tempo-shifting death.

Not to mention Dignity Full Remix. Brr.
And personally, I find ITG waaaaaaay tougher than Pump, but that's because I'm a Pump player and suck at four/eight arrow. E10.gif If those charts were on five/ten, I'd have a better chance at them, but with ITG's system, no way.

ITG charts are overall more fun though in a way; most of the Hard/Freestyle charts in Pump are downright boring, except for the killers and the freestyle songs. The insane Expert charts from ITG almost always have a fun Hard chart waiting right under it(sup Bloodrush).
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Ivan wrote:
PIU Exceed (2). HANDS DOWN. LOOK FOR NIGHTMARE VIDEOS AND TREMBLE. shocked.gif

Heck, wasn't it a ITG staff member who said right here at DDR Freak some thing to the effect that some of PIU's nightmare charts make Pandy look like Candy? *gets lynched for horrible, horrible pun*

MJEmirzian wrote:
If you want to see truly 'pushing the limits', watch any PIU nightmare vid rated at 19-20 - these charts make Pandemonium blush.

your welcome E13.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: