Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The "Jumps" on Sweet World Expert.
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAAAX_himself
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: The "Jumps" on Sweet World Expert. Reply with quote

Ive been wondering if the jumps are like the 3 or 4 "jumps" in Tsugaru...the ones that are so close together that you can pretty much hit them at the same time..
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Ryyudo -YHB-
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are, just more of them E15.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
'Ivan
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you play Stepmania and turn on the Assist Tick, it's very clear that those steps are like the ones in Tsugaru. E1.gif

If you end up joining, put "ThreeLeafIvy" in the referrer box, will ya? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MAAAX_himself
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...thanks a lot.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
claw
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but they are actually gallops

lol if you remember this from before
View users profile Send private message
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't gallps and they aren't like Tsugaru. They are "flams," ITG will give you Fantasic-Excellent if you hit them as a jump. If you slightly tighten the leg that hits the first jump (which makes it early) and relax the rest of your body (which makes you late) you will hit them fine.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something important to note, though... the ones in Tsugaru start early and end onbeat. The ones in Sweet World start onbeat and end late. Make sure you hit the red or blue arrow onbeat and the purple arrow slightly later.

Also, the ones in Tsugaru are 1/32nds, these are even smaller at 1/48ths.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Skips" sounds better.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer "retarded" myself.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slab Squatthrust wrote:
I prefer "retarded" myself.

The Steps for Sweet-World are actually fairly reasonable and innovative.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that every time a stepchart author tries something new and creative, their steps get called "retarded"? It happens for Sweet World, Utopia, Determinator, and even mostly normal charts like Soapy Bubble, Euphoria, and Hardcore Symphony. Honestly, do you all want steps to be made in the same manner forever? Trying new ways of doing things is a Good Thing.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
RadMooseKiller
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThemsAllTook wrote:
Why is it that every time a stepchart author tries something new and creative, their steps get called "retarded"? It happens for Sweet World, Utopia, Determinator, and even mostly normal charts like Soapy Bubble, Euphoria, and Hardcore Symphony. Honestly, do you all want steps to be made in the same manner forever? Trying new ways of doing things is a Good Thing.

i agree. although i dislike the steps for Sweet World, theres nothing wrong with trying something new. just think about it, if all the step charts were the same, it would get boring.
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are reasons for all of those dislikes. Sweet World is interesting, but the steps don't match the music. The "rythm" section in Utopia is idiotic and doesn't match the music. Determinator is fine. Soapy Bubble is boring, stupid, tiring, doesn't match the music, isn't interesting to play - it's one of the worst charts I've ever seen. It isn't creative at all, it's Walking on Fire with crossovers. One of the least innovative stepcharts in the game. Euphoria is widely regarded as one of the most professional and innovative stepcharts in the game. Hardcore Symphony is way offsync.
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThemsAllTook wrote:

Just mentioning Utopia in that list has made you lose all credibility from this point on.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThemsAllTook wrote:
Why is it that every time a stepchart author tries something new and creative, their steps get called "retarded"?

Excuse me, I like about 95% of the stepcharts on ITG. This is the first time I've ever called an ITG step pattern retarded. And I fail to see what's so "creative" about shoehorning gallops into a song that doesn't have a compatible rhythm just to inflate the stepcount.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you slow down the song, it becomes fairly obvious that the synth has a second part to it just after the beat, and therefore the echoes are appropriate.

The same thing happens with the synth at the beginning of ! as well... so if you don't like Sweet World's steps, be glad the same gallops don't show up at 160 BPM there.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IamMe wrote:
ThemsAllTook wrote:

Just mentioning Utopia in that list has made you lose all credibility from this point on.

That makes no sense. If you read what I wrote, all I was doing was citing Utopia as an example of a chart people complain about a lot. I didn't say anything about my personal opinion of it.
Loogaroo
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have seen the Expert steps to Utopia, right?
ThemsAllTook
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right... This is coming dangerously close to breaking out into a flame war, so I'm stepping out of the discussion now. Just one suggestion: Don't assume that everyone will or should agree with your opinion.

And yes, I have seen and played the expert steps to Utopia many times.
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

19. PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThemsAllTook wrote:
Don't assume that everyone will or should agree with your opinion.

It's not an assumption if evidence is presented.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: