Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

RedOctane End of Summer Sale
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: RedOctane End of Summer Sale Reply with quote

RedOctane is holding a special sale to celebrate the end of summer. For a limited time, they are offering In The Groove (PS2) for 19.99, a $20 savings, and the ITG Bundle for $39.99, a $30 savings! Sale ends 9/30/05. Maximum 2 items per household.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Slow ITG sales? Reply with quote

I'm wondering why they've cut the price of ITG in half - possibly sales of ITG were slower than anticipated?

"Your charisma exceeds that of mortal men. Many would lay down their lives for you." - Fall-From-Grace
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Slow ITG sales? Reply with quote

Oops...I guess I didn't load the ads properly the first time. E10.gif
Heffenfeffer wrote:
I'm wondering why they've cut the price of ITG in half - possibly sales of ITG were slower than anticipated?
I wouldn't say that. They got all the early adopter sales out of the way, and now they probably want more exposure. Plus (fanboys stay the hell out of this) they'll need the extra attention when Extreme 2 comes out - DDR is an established brand, whereas ITG is not.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man and i paid fourty for it. oh well. i guess this means the ddr fanboys (even though i am one) don't have a reason to at least try in the groove.
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was worth at least forty bucks, so I consider myself as having gotten a good deal already.

Seriously, if you haven't yet tried this game, and already have pads for DDR, give it a shot. If you don't like it, you can probably sell it or trade it in and get most of your $20 back, so it'll just be like you paid for a rental or something, no big deal. And if you do like it... congratulations, welcome to the future of dance games.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Now is definitely the time for me to buy this game. I've never played ITG before, so this will be a great opportunity. I also plan to purchase my first Cobalt Flux pad. This is gonna kick so much buttocks. E4.gif I just hope the horrid load times I've been hearing about don't discourage me from this game.

Looks like it's time for this DDR fanboy to convert.
View users profile Send private message
Shoopufzilla
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Slow ITG sales? Reply with quote

Heffenfeffer wrote:

Probably because everybody else did what I did when I bought it:

Took it back the next day.

That game defined disappointment.
mavrik_055
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, i was gonna buy this last week, but i decided against it. I need a new pad, too, so this works out great!
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Slow ITG sales? Reply with quote

Shoopufzilla wrote:

uhhh no...

you see itg kinda did real real good so i guess you just..

hate itg and no1 else does i myself have never played it but for 20$ might as well take a shot

and if every1 returned it how come on a place called DDR freak they made a board for itg players?

i'm so literal i do not take sarcasm as an answer
MadTaco
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was so bad about the game? I'll admit, it took me a little over two days to warm up to it, but I avidly play both DDR and ITG now. I really don't prefer one over the other most of the time.

Back on topic, I'd say Cutriss' post pretty much hit the point; they just don't want to be outshined by a new release in the already limited field of the genre. Then again, reports of poor sales have been heard, but I haven't seen any proof of them being reliable.
Apu
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I might as well try it out. It looks fun but it probably cant beat DDR, and besides I need a new pad XD. I theink ill get the fluxpad or something.
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apu wrote:
It looks fun but it probably cant beat DDR

That's kind of weird, since about 95% of the DDR veterans who have tried it have decided that it beats DDR. Then again, there's always a 5% chance that you're in the other 5%. Still pretty good odds, though.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PedanticOmbudsman wrote:
Apu wrote:
It looks fun but it probably cant beat DDR

That's kind of weird, since about 95% of the DDR veterans who have tried it have decided that it beats DDR. Then again, there's always a 5% chance that you're in the other 5%. Still pretty good odds, though.

But anyways... I think that this is just a good way to get it out there. Most people who play DDR are completely cluseless to anything other than the latest three versions and madkatz pads. Plus the box art doesn't exactly stand out or anything. So hopefully this will give people a little nudge into the ITG world.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YoshiFan
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered. I wanted the game but I'm someone who never pays full price for any game and I don't think it will ever be less than $19.99 so I figured now is the best time to order.
kenpocoyote
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Slow ITG sales? Reply with quote

Shoopufzilla wrote:
Heffenfeffer wrote:

I did the same thing - I was dissapointed. This game is nothing compared to DDR. Guess I'll just wait for Ex2! Glad to see that Red Octane stopped flattering themselves, thinking they could sell this game for $40, and dropped the price.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Slow ITG sales? Reply with quote

Shoopufzilla wrote:

Okiyama wrote:
uhhh no...

you see itg kinda did real real good so i guess you just..

hate itg and no1 else does i myself have never played it but for 20$ might as well take a shot
PedanticOmbudsman wrote:
This is all what is known as anecdotal evidence. You all have absolutely no factual basis for which to make these claims, so you *all* need a big dose of STFU.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if you do the research and run the numbers, you'll find as I did that somewhere between 85% and 95% of DDR veterans will prefer In The Groove after trying it for a while. I was perhaps a bit biased earlier in quoting only the upper bound, but it's a fairly tight confidence range so I'm sure I'll be forgiven. That's not an anecdote, that's a statistic. (Admittedly, this is based on arcade, not console, and takes ITG2 into account, so the numbers for the console version might be slightly different, but the theory is the same, and it's unlikely that the numbers would drift drastically. I don't really care too much about console.)
Staff Member
Staff Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PedanticOmbudsman wrote:
Actually, if you do the research and run the numbers, you'll find as I did that somewhere between 85% and 95% of DDR veterans will prefer In The Groove after trying it for a while. I was perhaps a bit biased earlier in quoting only the upper bound, but it's a fairly tight confidence range so I'm sure I'll be forgiven. That's not an anecdote, that's a statistic. (Admittedly, this is based on arcade, not console, and takes ITG2 into account, so the numbers for the console version might be slightly different, but the theory is the same, and it's unlikely that the numbers would drift drastically. I don't really care too much about console.)
Before you start declaring this as "research", show me your published results. Show me your sample size, demographics, etc.

I find it *really* hard to believe that your so-called study is very thorough at all considering that I've never even heard of it.

Apu
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Its human nature to have different oppinions. Cant we all just get along? Even if im a DDR fan over ITG. But its still a good deal for a game that was $40. I think DDR is the better game over # of fans and editions out.
stupidbarber
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I really like some of the tunes on ITG2 (the console version, that is) I hate the delay between songs so much that I almost never play it. Particularly depressing is the delay that you are forced to endure if you fail a level, get life depleted, and have to re-load the whole game. I timed it - minimum of 45 seconds to get back up and playing again. It would be great if I'm wrong and there is a trick to get around this - anyone?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: