Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Politely staving off rabid DDR fanboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Stud?!
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Ivan wrote:
A bunch of redundant stuff with bad grammar

ITG is a challenge! WE GET IT!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fenwick
Basic Member
Basic Member

41. PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG doesn't seem too appealing to me, but I still want to try it. It really is a knockoff but still looks okay nonetheless. Whatever. I still don't tolerate closed-mindedness. The best thing to do is ignore it and say "whatever man" or something. It works E13.gif.

And that whole "hands" thing sounds pretty stupid, no offense. Can you turn it off by preference? And mines sound cool cuz they can force you to do crossovers, which are very fun E15.gif.
View users profile Send private message
PARANOiA -Respect-
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fenwick wrote:
ITG doesn't seem too appealing to me, but I still want to try it. It really is a knockoff but still looks okay nonetheless. Whatever. I still don't tolerate closed-mindedness. The best thing to do is ignore it and say "whatever man" or something. It works E13.gif.

And that whole "hands" thing sounds pretty stupid, no offense. Can you turn it off by preference? And mines sound cool cuz they can force you to do crossovers, which are very fun E15.gif.

by pressing "no hands" in the options menu.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
THE MAX - ZZZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the groove totally copies DDR frust.gif
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarrett wrote:

um, and does that really matter?

you seem to be acting like all those ddr fanboys out there.
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact -- they *are* copying DDR.

It's the same game basically, so why bother seperate them. I'll do both if there are both around.

Hey it's just a game! So what's the fuss?

For those people, tell them that it is the same thing but with different songs, and tell them that it is just another game to play on. It's alright to agree that ITG copied DDR because they did. Hopefully this will shut them up.

lildrchris25 wrote:
Jarrett wrote:

um, and does that really matter?

you seem to be acting like all those ddr fanboys out there.

To the players - definitely not
To Konami - it's their creation so it matters
[/quote]
Mart
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarrett wrote:

DDR had it coming, somehow!

They'd not release new arcade mixes and make excuses about it (such as their US arcade division being closed (which is a fact), and DDR not being as popular as it was (which is a point of view... a valid one, but still a POV)), so someone else stepped up and spiced it up.

Instead of just looking at this situation in a "OMG ITG RIPZ DDR OFF!!!111" way and completely ditching off the game, just try to look at it this way: at least, with ITG, you get new material! It's all a matter of positive thinking! E1.gif

Plus, I really like to see detailed info on either the songs, or my performance. It helps analyzing where exactly I'd screw up in a given song. And I like the percentage rating MUCH MORE than the confusing scoring system on DDREx.

That's how I look at it...

DDR & ITG score names: MART, DAMO, KTHX
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deep_in_*math* wrote:
To Konami - it's their creation so it matters

But you're overlooking a very important point:

Konami can go fuck themselves.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, why? The "OMG KONAMI IS PROTECTING THEIR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. HOW DARE THEY?" argument has not logic or anything of that sort behind it.

Try again.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all of us buy into the social construct of so-called "intellectual property", and thus not everyone's going to have sympathy for entities that try to exert draconian control over consumers' lives and over the flow of information. Slaveowners before and during the American Civil War were just "defending their property", which they had a legal right to do during the laws of the time, but that didn't make it morally right.

Even those who think that the "intellectual property" concept still has its place in the world mostly agree that it's gone way too far in recent years and needs to be severely reigned in. When restaurants can't even sing "Happy Birthday" to you on your birthday because of an ancient copyright, things have gone too far. We need to draw a line in the sand and say "enough".

Maybe the concepts of copyright, patent, and trademark still serve a purpose and still have some merit to them (or maybe they don't), but you have to admit that they've been severely abused, and the severity of the abuse grows every year as the RIAA, MPAA, and Microsoft continue to buy up the entire United States government and buy legislation granting them ever-more-pervasive control over your life as they prop up their failing business models by turning them into criminal law.

Educate yourself. Please read The Right to Read, a short story by Richard Stallman, that describes where things are going and what the future will be like if we don't stand up to the Copyright Nazis now. Not later. Now, before public libraries are outlawed and all the world's paper books are burned for not having DRM protection. Now.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

50. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations. You guys have degenerated this into another legal debate!
The point was advice on how to convince DDR Zealots (yes, they exist, as do ITG Zealots) to give the game a fair chance.

Yes, it is the same core game, and I play both. You guys should try it too! You might lighten up a bit.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. DDR Zealots need to seriously lighten up. I'm so sick of all the "I think hands/mines are stupid." with no evidence of why they're stupid. I mean go ahead and drink some Jack, or do a line of coke if necessary.
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Mart
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakura Survivor wrote:
I'm so sick of all the "I think hands/mines are stupid." with no evidence of why they're stupid.

I'll admit that I was a part of that group of people before I had the chance to try ITG. But now, they're just part of my "everygame" routine. It's just a matter of getting used to them. Hands are hard to perform on older upgraded DDR pads, but they work like a charm on a dedicab! biggrin.gif

Plus, there's nothing like showing off on THE hands song, Queen of Light. Fun steps, good song, hands, people like this: shocked.gif drool.gif E11.gif confused.gif

Yep, I'm sold out to this game! E10.gif

DDR & ITG score names: MART, DAMO, KTHX
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
ihcw.stefank687
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think of it as a 9th mix(its basically the same game, just think of it as another company picking up a franchise considering konami isn't making any new arcade games any time soon)... its everything that a 9th mix should be(even better maybe)...personally i don't even play extreme anymore
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the groove is pretty much nothing more than stepmania in a ddr cab. asside from adding hands/mines/rolls, its the exact same game. once you actually accept it and get passed that fact, its a very fun game. it will never have the feel of ddr, nor its sense of ... i guess "officialness" would be the closest thing, but that doesnt stop it from still being a good game. sure it plays and feels like stepmania, hell it was even coded from it. but look past that superficial shit, and its a pretty good game. its far from being perfect, but itg2 is a giant step up from itg1. i only hope itg3 can be even better.
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
in the groove is pretty much nothing more than stepmania in a ddr cab. asside from adding hands/mines/rolls, its the exact same game. once you actually accept it and get passed that fact, its a very fun game. it will never have the feel of ddr, nor its sense of ... i guess "officialness" would be the closest thing, but that doesnt stop it from still being a good game. sure it plays and feels like stepmania, hell it was even coded from it. but look past that superficial shit, and its a pretty good game. its far from being perfect, but itg2 is a giant step up from itg1. i only hope itg3 can be even better.

The thing is ITG is NOT like Stepmania even though it was based off it... Can you add your own songs to ITG? No. Can you create your own steps? Yes. So realisticly it was based off SM but its not LIKE it. Just wondering have you ever played on a SM machine? It has HUNDREDS of songs. (The one I played on had around 750).
Borknagar54
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xatu23456 wrote:
I used to be an "ITG hater", but one day I decided to try the game...and I loved it love.gif So tell them they should try it before they say anything about it.

I was the same way.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Houou Don't You Want Me
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
sure it plays and feels like stepmania

Er, any game with 4 arrows is going to feel like Stepmania. BECAUSE STEPMANIA IS A FRIGGIN 4 ARROW MUSIC GAME SIMULATOR. You are just being dumb.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houou wrote:
cfusionpm wrote:
sure it plays and feels like stepmania

Er, any game with 4 arrows is going to feel like Stepmania. BECAUSE STEPMANIA IS A FRIGGIN 4 ARROW MUSIC GAME SIMULATOR. You are just being dumb.

did you miss my point where i said itg was essentially coded from stepmania's programming? also, ever see the options menu? E15.gif

Capajoe and Houou, you seem to be missing my point. what i was trying to say was that once you aknowledge the fact that itg a ddr ripoff (which it is), and get over that idiotic bias, its a good game.
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, do you guys know what else plays just like Stepmania? DDR.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: