Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ever not do as good somedays?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sora1421
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Ever not do as good somedays? Reply with quote

Ive been playing for about 2 weeks now and every day ive moved up a bit like my first week and a half every day id wake up and smash all my old scores. Then i got into heavy and I can't break say my C record on i feel with a B the next day as i used to in standard and light. Past couple of days though i have noticed not much progress i mean i guess i should be happy that in 2 weeks i can pass all 9 footers except for 2, but i played for 4 hours on average every day sometimes more. But since the past 2 days i kind of dont feel as good as i used to. for instance i had a B on break down and when i tried it twice again i got a C and a D. I think it may be that it's finally catching up to me for killing my body those 2 weeks without a break. So the real question is was there ever times when you seem to have seen your self get worse for a few days or something then bounce back? Becuase i'd really like to get back to getting better soon. Maybe im just greedy becuase i was able to do this much in only 2 weeks and now im not making much progress daily as i used to.

Thank you for reading
~Sora
flcl573
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also should realize that Heavy is the hardest difficulty to get good at, with so much technical stuff.

I would take a break for a day or two. Nine footers?
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: yea.. Reply with quote

Maybe i should for a day at least
Xatu23456
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having one of those days today disturb.gif

View users profile Send private message
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even at 4 hours a day, if you have only been playing for 2 weeks, I *seriously* doubt that you can clear all the 9s (IMO, you'd be lucky if you cleared 1). Also, unless you were in stellar shape, you would've felt fatigue after day 1; but if you were in that kind of shape, you shouldn't feel fatigue at all now. Your story is highly inconsistent and suspect to question, but the basic principle has been re-iterated in many threads of old. Sure, sometimes you have days/periods of time where you don't do as well as normal, but your general skill trend at the end of it all is still a positive one.

You'll have to put up some kind of video of yourself passing basically the hardest 9-footers for people to believe you, but even then, I doubt anyone will think you've only played for 2 weeks.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Sora1421
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Once again.. Reply with quote

Once again another non-beliver and i didint say i coudl clear all 9's i said all but 2 which are So deep and End of the Century as well as MaxX a 10 footer. I played in disney quest on the original first mix one day for 6 hours on free play. It was my last day at disney and the next day i could barley walk becuase i had never used all those muscles in my legs. In those 6 hours at disney i could pass Superiors with D's which were 4 footers. Also its been about 3 weeks from playing at disney but i only played 1 day there and didint get the game for another 6 days and none of those days did i touch a pad. So call it 3 weeks if u will i still say ive only been on it 2 weeks fully. Those days gave my muscles a nice rest. When i got it i started on light mode i was excited and played from when i got up about 11 to about the time people went to sleep about 10 with 30 min breaks here and there. Although those 6 hours in Downtown gave my legs broke in the next day my legs hurt still alot. But it was only light mode and i didint need to move my legs that fast so i basicly made my muscles go numb i played the pain away. each day the soreness got less and less untill a week later my ankles started to hurt which eventualy went away and recently my knees have been hurting a bit and no i dont do knee drops. I have exceptional stamina becuase of the fact ive ridin motocross for 8 years and run cross-country. Just becuase no one belives me i will show you photos of my scroll menu once i borrow a camera.
I know it may be incredibly difficult to belive that i have done this good but this is not BS and ill find pictures to prove it.
Grace
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you beat all the 9s on your home game except eotc and so deep? Good job. E1.gif

It's normal to have not as good days no matter what you're doing. You might be tired or maybe you're just distracted. It helps to take at least one whole day break each week (I know it's hard but you can't go forever without rest to refuel).
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His story his belivable kinda, i mean iv been play just a little over a month, and im on heavy 9 footers i can only clear one right now but still it is a 9 footer which i have achieved in one month, i have not played nearly as much as he has tho, i played maybe 3-4 hours a week at home, and maybe 4-6 hours a week at the arcade if that. So if he played that long everyday for so many days i could defintly see him accomplishing thos goals, but i still dont know about 9s 9s are frick hard

Matt
shimikiah
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His story is believable. If I had been in good enough shape when I started playing I would've been able to advance that quickly, because for the longest time I was working only on endurance. But yes, we all have off days. Give it a break for a day or so maybe, since you have been playing so much.
Sora1421
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: heh Reply with quote

Thank you guys for believeing me. As for 9 footers its all about listing to the beat of the song. I used to play by arrow sight completley but when i came into standard i found that the paterns werent as consistant and i opened up my ears and started to play a lot by the beats for than just sight. It helps alot
[ES] GARYsurvivor
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha just because you can beat almost all the 9 footers on Max 2 doesn't say much. Besides the ones you said you can't do, they are all super easy 9s. Xenon is easy to pass, along with Paranoia KCET Clean Mix. I feel is hardly a 9. I would say go to the arcade. I bet you couldn't beat a SINGLE 9 footer there. Have fun failing. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Brick Tamland(LoveRevenG)
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha gary, your hillarious... and very encouraging.

ya, i could beat max 300 at home and then went to the arcade for the first time and failed love shine. i remember those days...

exactly what gary said... your gonna fail
I'm back from a 4-5 year hiatus from the forums. If you're a real DDRfreak veteran you may remember me as RevenG or the creator of EmoRanDdr. Oh the imature days of youth..well I've recently gotten back into the DDR scene and am back at the forums! I've missed everyone quite a bit and am glad to be back. PM me about anything if you wanna chat! Reppin that North Carolina DDR!!! E10.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
noise_tank24 ▶◀
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me 3 months to get to where I am now in DDR and ITG. My biggest accomplishment is being able to pass Max 300 with a B at the arcade. I checked your other posts for consistency, and they check out. BUT, nobody else believes you anywhere on this forum. I see that you have an intec foam pad you play on... Can you actually pass Afronova? How good are you at the arcade? And most importantly, whats the difficulty set on for your copy of DDR? Try setting it to 8, like my local arcade, and then tell me you can get a C or D on them 9 footers. Your story is consistent, but I don't believe anyone can make such progress so quickly. Send in video of you playing: I would actually like to be proven wrong. Pictures aren't enough. And no, I don't have offdays, I just can't play in the morning.

Setekhx wrote:
Unless youve played PIU or ITG before going to DDR this is complete bull :/. Sorry but 1 week and at 7 footer level is pretty much impossible unless you have some incredable talent, at which point I expect you to AAA TLoM by the end of the month.

Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't this thread go in DDR Gameplay?
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Once again.. Reply with quote

Sora1421 wrote:
i will show you photos of my scroll menu once i borrow a camera.

Pictures of a scroll menu are worthless, absolutely worthless. I can take a picture of my scroll menu, and you'll see nothing but AAs and AAAs, due to playing on the controller.** (Only a few Catas would be pad AAs) Basically, the only pictures that couldn't have been "set up" (photo-altering aside) are arcade pictures. That's why I said video, not picture. Of course, if you only have Max2 PS2, that makes your scenario slightly more likely, as the only hard 9 it has is So Deep, plus Burning Heat if you consider the difficulty to PA, not pass. (BH has off-sync quantized notes)

**You could say that you don't play on a Dualshock/don't have one/whatever, but there's no way to verify it, so we're back to needing videos.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Paranoia_Brother
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread might have some useful advice

There are other threads like this, just use the search button.

My advice though, you're off day could be because you've been playing too often, not enough hydration and nutrition before playing and/or not enough stretching. It could be numerous things, but whatever it may be, hope you do better.

*Formerly known as That DDR guy at Gr. Lakes*
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Sora1421
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have passed So Deep a few times at x2 speed barley but i cannot keep it consistant. Burning heat i honestly didint think it was that hard, i can pass that consistantly with D's and a C every once in a while. It is just a lot of feet movment is all, you just have to be in good shape.
[ES] BlairIsTheKing
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Cries in hate and embarassment at self* I failed BUTTERFLY Heavy, and SO IN LOVE Heavy on the same friggin day! Why do I bother?

LOL
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sora1421 wrote:
I have passed So Deep a few times at x2 speed barley but i cannot keep it consistant. Burning heat i honestly didint think it was that hard, i can pass that consistantly with D's and a C every once in a while. It is just a lot of feet movment is all, you just have to be in good shape.

Hate to break it to you, but passing with a D is not passing consistently. Getting a D is akin to saying "you missed more than enough to fail this song, you were just lucky you didn't get 1 more error in a row in any one spot." Most people consider Cs to be the low tier of consistency; Bs are the most normal, in my experience. Burning Heat is relatively easy to pass, but VERY difficult to PA because of its timing situation. As I already said, PA =! passing.

G_G
NW330
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one on Friday.
I was just getting so tired and out of energy really quick on easy songs too.

Then I ate food and was able to play like normal again. I passed an Oni Course and even LoM Double for a 3rd time (to my surprise)

Happens to everyone.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: