Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Recent news has me supporting Roxor even more
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Nail
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Recent news has me supporting Roxor even more Reply with quote

As I see all of these new generation dance games come out, it really is hard to decide which game to really support.

Reliable sources of mine have informed me of the fact that the makers of NeonFM knew way in advance that Roxor was going to get sued by Konami. Informants told me that the Neon team was getting in contact with all companies related to music(konami, harmonix) to find out what exactly they had to do to make sure their product would not interfere with any patents currently out there. Now, during all of these meetins the NeonFM team kept on mentioning Roxor and their game. They kept on forcing talk about Roxor as if to get these companies irritated about Roxor.

On another case, another new dance sim game (DTX) was having trouble licensing a song because of the woman doing the vocals for a song in NeonFM. They found another singer to do the vocals for their song. They informed NeonFM about their find and that they would not need their vocalist for any of DTX's songs. A month or two later, DTX finds the profile for their newest vocalist on NeonFM's website. DTX tried to contact the vocalist they found(Brigit Jackson) with failed attempts. She has not returned a single phone call and is unable to come into contact.

Now, does this sound like a company that wants to be able see the music game genre continue, or just their own company succeed in making their product a monopoly?

I personally will not be supporting NeonFM at all, regardless of the fact that I think DJ Potatoe is a grade-A giant douche/turd sandwich.

I love the Roxor team from their game to their own personalities. They're great people and this should not be happening to them. Even though i'm sure they will pull through regardless, it still is very disrespectful to pull this on another company that just wants to supply us with a game we will all love.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Char
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Recent news has me supporting Roxor even more Reply with quote

Maticus wrote:
Reliable sources of mine have informed me of the fact that the makers of NeonFM knew way in advance that Roxor was going to get sued by Konami.

Obviously Konami deem their supposed competition important enough to warrent inside info about who they are going to sue, more so than the defendant themselves.
View users profile Send private message
jbean3535
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And where did you get this because if you are trying ot stat trouble, it is a pretty sad attempt.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbean3535 wrote:
And where did you get this because if you are trying ot stat trouble, it is a pretty sad attempt.

Maticus isn't the sort of person to ake up crap like this and try and stir things up with it.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the hell is neonfm?
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
what the hell is neonfm?

http://phpbb-host.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=129&mforum=mio
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
what the hell is neonfm?

5-panel dance game with panels arranged in Beatmania 5-key arrangement.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm... looks interesting. at least they made up a new pad instead of just copying ddr or pump. the interface looks worse than itg though, which doesnt say a whole lot... both look like high school programming/design class projects.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really not making this crap up. Check out www.neonfm.com It's mainly DJ Potatoe and popnko that are behind this kind of poopy. They always bad mouth ITG and call it the biggest joke ever just to try and make their game look better or something.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let em badmouth itg. honestly, its always been a big joke to me. i dont think i'll ever be able to take roxor or itg seriously because its essentially stepmania in an arcade cabinet. this company is offering something actually new and different. my only hopes is that it will have the songs to back it up. cuz i think the pad layout is rather cool.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So itg is just a big joke to you yet you're playing it and keeping track of your scores? I think the pad layout for neonFM is absolutely ridiculous. On all of their prototype videos it's like everybody is failing the songs, even on super easy stuff.

Did you ever think of Roxor to be a company that keeps all of these DDR cabinets from just being thrown away? Most people enjoy the simple 4-arrow design(hence why pump it up isn't as popular as DDR). People WANT to be playing 4-arrow games. DDR is no longer around so now ITG takes over. You're missing the entire point of this thread.

Listen to some of dj potatoe's stuff. It's absolutely horrible. Most of what he does is taking keysounds from taka, TaQ, good-cool, etc etc and just tries to make his own crap.
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one is going to schul a DDR cab and pump dosnt have any market penetration becasue they dont bother trying to advertise
Staff Member
Staff Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishBastardizingTerror wrote:
no one is going to schul a DDR cab and pump dosnt have any market penetration becasue they dont bother trying to advertise
PIU actually does have a fair bit - Chuck E. Cheese comes to mind.

As for NeonFM, while I haven't had any experience with it firsthand or anything, its play style reminds me greatly of Jaleco's Stepping series (which we all know is awful), and as I was reading the webpage the other day, I noticed that Eric was one of the featured artists in the game. I always thought he was just the business manager, or promoter of the game, if you will. The fact that he's also one of the musicians makes me think that he's really only making the game to get his own name out there.

And this is just completely laughable right here:
NeonFM.com wrote:
The game engine pushes its hardware to the limit with incredible animations integrated into every facet of gameplay
Take note - nothing is stated about the hardware, only that its hardware pushed to the limit. It could be an Apple II and have "hi-res" graphics and that would be a true statement.
NeonFM.com wrote:
and sports an impressive 50 songs in the playlist (including unlockable and hidden songs).
As I told Rychan last night, if 50 songs is "impressive", then Extreme's 240 must be "orgasmic".

But I'm always willing to give a game a chance. I still bang my head in frustration every now and then trying to play PIU. I suck at it, but I still enjoy it in a masochistic way.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ivei kep hearing about the chucky cheese thing but i never have talked to any one who had a CC that HAD a piu (id like it htough becasue i could dump the arcade thats far away for the plac near the mall)
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly NFM will be boasting StepMania program with NFM stuff and reprogramming.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Char
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
i dont think i'll ever be able to take roxor or itg seriously because its essentially stepmania in an arcade cabinet.

It's no more SM in a cab than NeonFM is. That uses Stepmania too. The only reason SM and ITG share a lot of the same features (such as the IIDX style graph used in NeonFM) is because they were coded for ITG first and ported back to SM. The LOL STEPMANIA argument has some merit, but really, considering SM had code added to help it simulate ITG better, in effect DDR is as much "just Stepmania" as ITG is.
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maticus: I would relook into DTX, alot of new information just coming out about it looks pretty good. Especially their consultant gameplay designer E7.gif .
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Char wrote:
cfusionpm wrote:
i dont think i'll ever be able to take roxor or itg seriously because its essentially stepmania in an arcade cabinet.

It's no more SM in a cab than NeonFM is. That uses Stepmania too. The only reason SM and ITG share a lot of the same features (such as the IIDX style graph used in NeonFM) is because they were coded for ITG first and ported back to SM. The LOL STEPMANIA argument has some merit, but really, considering SM had code added to help it simulate ITG better, in effect DDR is as much "just Stepmania" as ITG is.

i guess i just phrased it wrong. what itg is to me is a game made by a bunch of ddr fans who wanted a new arrow smashing game. it cant be different than ddr though, because people want a continuation of "ddr" so they use the same 4 pannel layout and everything, even using konami's cabinets (lol). the thing that makes me think of stepmania the most though are the stepcharts. go anywhere and get a bunch of fan-made stepcharts from the past couple years, and they look like things from ITG. silly gimmicky hard steps that very technical players love, and boring repetitive easy steps, since no one likes those. there is just a lack of ballance and feel of authenticity in the steps and the game as a whole. i suppose that it would feel like that when comparing it to ddr, but seeing as it is a complete copy of it with a few bells and whistles, i dont think its that unfair.

i think this new game is interesting because of its layout and *gasp* different design. ive been playing itg for more than a few months, and ddr since 1999. im pretty sick of 4 arrows (and 8 arrows), and there really isnt much more you can do with it except for more of the stupid gimmicky shit roxor is making.
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt this just making you support NFM less and not ITG more
Staff Member
Staff Member

19. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishBastardizingTerror wrote:
isnt this just making you support NFM less and not ITG more
Not if NFM sabotaged ITG by egging on a lawsuit.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: