Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

"TOPGRADE" bug found in home version
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miniboss
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: "TOPGRADE" bug found in home version Reply with quote

1. Go to the options menu
2. Select game options
3. Select "TOPGRADE" for the song sort
4. Exit the options menu
5. The game freezes and the save becomes corrupt

Can anyone else duplicate this nasty bug?
View users profile Send private message
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to try. I have an HDD so I can back up my saves.

EDIT-CONFIRMED. This bug is malicious for ITG data only. It does NOT affect the rest of your memory card.

To be more precise:
After setting TOPGRADE, exit Game Options and the game proceeds to save the data normally. It LOOKS alright, but until you try to exit Options, it'll freeze.

I've checked the Save in the PS2 Browser and it looks fine.

After a Reset, the game is loading it fine tho--NOPE. The game freeze if you try to reach the Main Menu with the bad save.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brilliant. sarc.gif

thanks for pointing it out though. i wouldnt want to lose the data i spent so freakin long unlocking.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can barely believe this.

You know how people beta test software before it is released to find problems? I think we're the beta testers, except we're paying to test it. laugh.gif
billyjr82
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah....because there isn't a single game out there that doesn't have crash bugs or bugs that corrupt data.

Nope...not a single one.

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Mr. A
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billyjr82 wrote:
Yeah....because there isn't a single game out there that doesn't have crash bugs or bugs that corrupt data.

Nope...not a single one.

There is probably a decent number that do not.
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billyjr82 wrote:

Nope...not a single one.

yea but you only pay 20 dollars for them (unless it has the word matrix on it)
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: H-Town, TX, USA, Planet Earth, 3rd Rock from the Sun
7. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given all the bugs/retarded censors/loading times I've seen so far, Roxor/RedOctane better find a (better) QA dept ASAP. I realize this is a 1st Mix, but still... ITG2 CS better not wind up like this. disgust.gif

"It's not God who created humans. It's humans who create God." - Cowboy Bebop Ep. 24 (Brain Scratch)
Atkins is dead. Long live exercise and dance games.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedOctane is at fault with the shoddy audio cuts. If anything, the game should've received an E10+ (which makes a lot of sense) or T rating.
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.hack//*cough* wrote:
Given all the bugs/retarded censors/loading times I've seen so far, Roxor/RedOctane better find a (better) QA dept ASAP. I realize this is a 1st Mix, but still... ITG2 CS better not wind up like this. :disgust:

my ddrfirst mix (the actual jp first mix) loads far faster than that
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: H-Town, TX, USA, Planet Earth, 3rd Rock from the Sun
10. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishBastardizingTerror wrote:
.hack//*cough* wrote:
Given all the bugs/retarded censors/loading times I've seen so far, Roxor/RedOctane better find a (better) QA dept ASAP. I realize this is a 1st Mix, but still... ITG2 CS better not wind up like this. disgust.gif

my ddrfirst mix (the actual jp first mix) loads far faster than that

I know what you're talking about, I have the same game. No loading issues whatsoever on the PSX (although I'm not fond of the framerate).

My point stands, though: If the loading times look like this on ITG2 CS, I won't even consider buying it. If that means Roxor has to find a new publisher, so be it.

"It's not God who created humans. It's humans who create God." - Cowboy Bebop Ep. 24 (Brain Scratch)
Atkins is dead. Long live exercise and dance games.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.hack//*cough* wrote:

My point stands, though: If the loading times look like this on ITG2 CS, I won't even consider buying it. If that means Roxor has to find a new publisher, so be it.

What does finding a new publisher have to do with loading times? RedOctane puts it out, not MAKE the game themselves. That's all Roxor.
mcpusc
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG EDIT: i accidently typed up this entire thing on someone else's account.
fidoxevil
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha (IIDX Style) wrote:

You know how people beta test software before it is released to find problems? I think we're the beta testers, except we're paying to test it. :lol:

There were beta testers.

Occasionally random shit like this makes it past the filters software developers set up to catch bugs like that. Taking into consideration this is the first console release from 2 companies, it's kind of impressive.

DDR had issues with corrupting memory card data; it's happened to me. Oh no's! Konami really ripped my friend off when she bought DDRMAX2 US / PS2. Not only that, she must have been their beta tester because her memory card data got corrupted.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
dieKatze88
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the bug issues, The memory card features were kinda rushed dont ya think? maybe thats why theyres one bug in it (so far)

As for the loading times, let me copy a post i made on BMS:

Quote:
The only thing i can say about the load times is:

Thats what you get when you go from an AMD athlon with a fast hard disk to a Sony PS2 and a slow DVD rom drive. The reason DDR loads fast in comparison is because of the fact that its generaly the same hardware when going from the System I-Forget-The-Number to the PS1/2. Its going to be redicioulsy slow when running Stepmania on the PS2.

View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Char
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishBastardizingTerror wrote:

yea but you only pay 20 dollars for them (unless it has the word matrix on it)

You mean no game that cost $40 has ever had memory card bugs?! I had no idea price corresponded directly to faults.
Mr. A
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fidoxevil wrote:

You know how people beta test software before it is released to find problems? I think we're the beta testers, except we're paying to test it. laugh.gif

There were beta testers.

Occasionally random shit like this makes it past the filters software developers set up to catch bugs like that. Taking into consideration this is the first console release from 2 companies, it's kind of impressive.

DDR had issues with corrupting memory card data; it's happened to me. Oh no's! Konami really ripped my friend off when she bought DDRMAX2 US / PS2. Not only that, she must have been their beta tester because her memory card data got corrupted.

Missing an error like this in beta testing is tantamount having a blue whale sneak through a fishing net. The only way this got through was to completely ignore that feature during testing. I've written design, qual, and test specs for programs, it's a pain in the ass but it does usually catch things like this. You need to go through every damn feature and combinations of features with a fine tooth comb.

Hopefully, though, there is nothing else serious out there waiting. disturb.gif
Char
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way this got through was to completely ignore that feature during testing. I've written design, qual, and test specs for programs, it's a pain in the ass but it does usually catch things like this.

Maybe you should ask RoXoR if they're hiring. Withut meaning to sound sarcastic, it sounds like you know what you're on about.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

18. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For comparison, a laundry list of known bugs throughout the US console releases of DDR:

Konamix: Edit mode completely screws up the display of the end of a song beyond a certain number of measures when viewed in the editor. It does show properly when played, but this makes it rather tricky to make edits like that.
A bunch of songs listed in Solo Mode don't actually have Solo steps and are just there to make the songlist look a lot longer than it really is.
Edit mode also breaks away from the Japanese edit format starting with this game for no apparent reason.

DDRMAX: The dance gauge has graphic problems that keep it from displaying properly.
Enter the PS2-version Memory Card bug, AKA the "I got impatient and turned off my game before the system was done saving" bug. The fault for this lies somewhere between Konami and the user, partially Konami's fault for not accurately depicting when the console was finished saving.
Weirdness with the songwheel highlighting component occasionally changing colors.

DDRMAX2: Memory Card bug strikes again.

DDR Extreme: No Dance Play settings.
Memories isn't unlockable.
Memory Card bug strikes yet again.

Ultramix: Tradeable edits was removed from the game so late that it still wound up in the manual.
Candy has the wrong steps completely.
Slight framerate issues.

Ultramix 2: Online rankings are completely borked.
Slight framerate issues turned into massive framerate issues.

So then. While some of us like to dog Roxor for missing full testing of an option that very few people probably use and they themselves forgot about, we could also consider giving them the benefit of doubt, since it is their first PS2 title, and we don't know what kind of testing bureaucracy they may have had to deal with (inter-company communication, language barriers, inexperienced testers if they weren't in-house).

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Heffenfeffer
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: The missing option Reply with quote

I think I know why this bug does what it does - the "topgrade" option only appears in the options menu off the main menu. It's not in the options menu under the gameplay menu. Thus, when you try to start gameplay, ITG looks up the tenth element in a nine element list and wackiness ensues. Hopefully this can be fixed in ITG2 by adding a topgrade option to the song select sort menu.

"Your charisma exceeds that of mortal men. Many would lay down their lives for you." - Fall-From-Grace
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: