Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

how do you do the jumps in tension expert? >_<

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xAzNDDRpRiNcEsSx
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: how do you do the jumps in tension expert? >_< Reply with quote

i frequently break combo during the all jumps section and im not sure what i should try to do to work at them, aside from frequent practice of course. if there is any changes to playing style/technique that you can share with me to make this section easier to combo, please let me know. thank you
View users profile Send private message
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know exactly what's hard for you, but I'll tell you what throws me off a lot: 1/4 note jumps separated by 1/8 single arrows. For those, I just treat them as regular jumps, and pretend to be swifter than I actually am. Using the bar for that really jump-intensive portion is a viable option, I'm sure. The last trick I've heard is to not actually hit each part of the jump at the same time (this ruins your FA, and probably EA), but just make sure both your feet hit the jump sometime within a timing window, almost like a 1/32 note. There's not an ITG machine within 3 hours of me, so I've never had the opportunity to play, but I'm going to change all that once the home version arrives at my doorstep. A (Oni) from DDR has some chain jumps that can get you used to jumping quickly (~195 BPM) if that's the problem.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
AFAD
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seem to have the same problem as well, but i overcome it by simply rolling my feet across the pad and barely lifting them up.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: