Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ITG 2 Dedicated Cabinet DDR Compatible?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PBoy227
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: ITG 2 Dedicated Cabinet DDR Compatible? Reply with quote

Hello, before I start this post I wanna ask that we all be mature and not post stupid comments just to bash.

On to the post:

I am seriously considering buying one of the ITG2 dedicated cabinets, but also love DDR Extreme. A few friends and I have been debating the ability of running a DDR Extreme upgrade in an ITG2 cabinet.

No, I am not trying to rip off RoXoR in any way. I am very thank full for RoXoR for this wonderfull game.

I am not the wealthiest person on earth and cannot afford both an ITG2 machine and a DDR machine.

So, is there anybody that knows if an ITG 2 machine is compatible with DDR Extreme?

Call it DDR! Call it ITG! Either way, it still taste like chicken.
Konami created it (DDR), RoXoR perfected it (ITG), and we should all respect them equally.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Char
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak on a practical level (and I doubt most others can as they've not been shipped out yet), but in theory...

It wouldn't make sense for Roxor to make two types of Boxor, one working the insides of a dedicated cab, one to go in other machines. If the ITG2 cabs can be made JAMMA compatible easily then the upgrade packs can just be shoved in there and used to power the machines. In theory, this would mean unless specifically disabled, DDR might work in an ITG2 cab the same way ITG2 works in a DDR cab.
View users profile Send private message
'Ivan
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ITG 2 Dedicated Cabinet DDR Compatible? Reply with quote

PBoy227 wrote:
I am not the wealthiest person on earth and cannot afford both an ITG2 machine and a DDR machine.

Even buying an dance game cabinet period is richer than a lot of us are willing to or can spare.

Feel lucky. laugh.gif

If you end up joining, put "ThreeLeafIvy" in the referrer box, will ya? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkchao56
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I do beleve that RoXoR used the same EXACT JAMMA harness system that Konami originally used, to make everything less confuzing. Im not promising anything - but Id say its a 90% chance!
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konami used a Jamma?
What?

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Tsuri
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging on the fact that the ITG dedicated cabinet is manufactored by Andamiro chances are you would more likely get Pump it Up running on it... but uh the pads don't match so it wouldn't matter... laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
GERG C.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG is powered by the "boxor" which is a computer.
you'd have to get a ddr box (which is the "brain" of the ddr machine) and probably the power supply units and make sure all the connections are the same. most likely the tv unit/jamma connector are the same.

your best bet is to buy an extreme cabinet and get itg2 into it.

jamma = japanese arcade machine manufacturers association if anyone is wondering =P it's a standardized connector for arcade cabinets so it would be easy to swap games.
PBoy227
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm thinking is what was stated in the first post.

Roxor still isn;t the biggest of companys and probably does't have the money to come up and and produce its own controller.

I know that they are still using the JAMMA controler on the upgrade kits and I'm assuming that they would use the same boxor on their dedicated cabinets.

Oh, and does PIU use the JAMMA? Does anyone know? Cause if it does then you can probably remap a DDR box and have it run in there.

I know someone who has had a BoXoR running in a DMX machine before so there are possiblities for the BoXoR.

Could you imagine Pandamonium on DMX? E11.gif

Konami created it (DDR), RoXoR perfected it (ITG), and we should all respect them equally.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBoy227 wrote:

uh..yeah i can devil.gif sincei'mpartofthegroupthatdidthedmx/boxorthing
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PBoy227
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have loved to see that

Mio
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBoy227 wrote:

Yeah, since DMX isn't that hard.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A kinda-related question:

will there be any way to upgrade a ddr 8th mix to itg2? I know there is a lot of differences in the hardware involved, so more than an upgrade kit would be necesarry, but could it be reasonably done?
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can purchase the boxor upgrade kit. It is, I think $2999.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thoguht the "buy" command for the boxor kits on the roxor page were borked
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishBastardizingTerror wrote:
i thoguht the "buy" command for the boxor kits on the roxor page were borked

the ITG2 boxor link works...the ITG1 doesn't though. I'm not sure if that's an error in their scripting, or if it was intentional, but something tells me that if they had to take the link down for legal reasons, they would've removed the product listing completely.
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I expected upgrading ddr to itg2 would be a huge no-no, since it seems to be ripping off ddr's hardware even more than itg1 did.
Char
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtwieg wrote:
wow, I expected upgrading ddr to itg2 would be a huge no-no, since it seems to be ripping off ddr's hardware even more than itg1 did.

How exactly do you firgure this one out?
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtwieg wrote:
...ItG2 is no more of a ripoff than ItG1. How would it be, unless they started using Konami's arrows and backgrounds and stuff? :O
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Char wrote:
mtwieg wrote:

How exactly do you firgure this one out?

it just seems like a slap in the face to allow people to use konami hardware to play RoXoR games right after the lawsuit, which seemed to be centered around the fact that ITG1 used ddr cabinets. I assumed that RoXoR would quit making upgrades to ddr machines as konami wanted, now that they make their own hardware.
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless konami made hardware that could only work in the ITG cabinates it woudlnt matter
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: