Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

9footers r like 10footers in DDR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

40. PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
I'll come in here and say that many ItG 9s are far harder than DDR 9s, but far easier than (actually difficult) DDR 10s. Sometimes they're harder to FC of course, but I'd say the hardest ItG 9s are less flat-out tiring and brutal than PARANOiA Survivor, the first DDR 10 which I passed other than bag and Sakura.

I address this topic in my newbie guide, anyway. They're closing the gap between 9s and 10s. The hardest 9s are almost on par with the easiest 10s.

I agree completely with this response Rancid.
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
t3h 3d
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxxor is so quick to slap a 10 foot rating on anything. Queen of light in horribly easy and anubis isn't too far behind. If psmo were on ITG it would be a 12 footer atleast.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Soda
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t3h 3d wrote:
Roxxor is so quick to slap a 10 foot rating on anything. Queen of light in horribly easy and anubis isn't too far behind. If psmo were on ITG it would be a 12 footer atleast.

No, Foy said that if PSMO were on ITG it would be an 11. I wouldn't even have it that, personally, as I beat it before I beat my first 11 (I was playing ITG simfiles already when I beat PSMO, by the way. Not like I beat PSMO first because ITG wasn't even out or anything).
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
t3h 3d
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soda wrote:
t3h 3d wrote:

No, Foy said that if PSMO were on ITG it would be an 11. I wouldn't even have it that, personally, as I beat it before I beat my first 11 (I was playing ITG simfiles already when I beat PSMO, by the way. Not like I beat PSMO first because ITG wasn't even out or anything).

Stepmania doesn't account for anything. If that were the case you could say I cleared pandemonium expert before PSMO.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that he played it on pad via SM. Jeez.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
t3h 3d
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka // BluR wrote:
I'm thinking that he played it on pad via SM. Jeez.

That's exactly what I was talking about. I cleared Pandemonium on an ignition before I cleared PSMO at the arcade.
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t3h 3d wrote:

queen of light is a 10 because of the number of hands. I personally will admit that it took me about 10 tries to pass it ( 7 MORE TRIES THAN IT TOOK ME TO PASS PANDEMONIUM) and since then I decided never to play it again. I personally think queen of light is hard enough to be a 10 because it requires a skill that most players don't have when they first attempt the song.

Anubis...well the song isn't consistantly difficult, no. Neither is Mythology, but some people think it should be an 11 because it has one difficult part. I know a player who passed an 11 long before she passed anubis on expert. It's all about skillsets. If you're bad at reading dense 32nd notes, then you're going to fail anubis miserably (unless you 5x it like I do). Would you really consider it level 9 material when compared to the other 9s in the game o.O
View users profile Send private message
Rat Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[RiVAL] LittleMike wrote:
Anyways, moles are awesome, but not nearly as awesome as beavers. The beaver owns you.

did anyone just catch that? or am i the only one.. laugh.gif

but just so i dont get points for post whoring...

i cant do 1/2 the songs on ITG...they're a hell of alot harder than most 10's on DDR and i cant do those worth shit

*listens*
Holy sh*t it does sound like it. And to think the real ones aren't that much different. shocked.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Soda
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t3h 3d wrote:
Soda wrote:
t3h 3d wrote:

Stepmania doesn't account for anything. If that were the case you could say I cleared pandemonium expert before PSMO.

With arcade timing on a metal pad with shoes and no bar, I don't see why it shouldn't count. Besides, I've only played like 10 songs ever at the arade, because I can't drive and my parents won't take me. So if arcade is all that counts for anything, I cleared So Deep heavy before Breakdown standard. And really, I cleared it before Breakdown beginner as well, since I've never played it at an arcade.
t3h 3d
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, you never attempted. I did attempt both and managed to get Pandemonium first.
Soda
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay then, good for you :D

I really don't see why it matters though, we've already established that if PSMO were in ITG then Foy would rate it as an 11.
t3h 3d
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soda wrote:
Okay then, good for you biggrin.gif

I really don't see why it matters though, we've already established that if PSMO were in ITG then Foy would rate it as an 11.

If Foy rated queen of light a 10 footer, I don't think Foy is a good person to rely on for foot ratings.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: