Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

9footers r like 10footers in DDR
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLipP36o
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: 9footers r like 10footers in DDR Reply with quote

lol i dont no how to say this but they r and they shouldve be like from ITG2 Summers in Belize i got to Barraped it disgust.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E19.gif OK then. We're aware that most of the 9s on ITG are harder then 9s on DDR.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I don't put July, Xuxa, and not even Lemmings on Expert in the same Tier as the Maxes.

(Yes, I mean July and Xuxa on Hard)

And I DEFINITELY don't put Liquid Moon anywhere close to Max. Liquid Moon isn't that hard, and it's just, FUN.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VxJasonxV wrote:

(Yes, I mean July and Xuxa on Hard)

Thank god riiight.gif I failed July Expert at the weekend frown.gif I agree that all of ITG's ratings are generally a bit harder than DDR's. Like Delirium normal has 8ths IIRC. Not long 8th streams, but they're there.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
red shoe paul
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: 9footers r like 10footers in DDR Reply with quote

Flipp360 wrote:
they r and they shouldve be like from ITG2 Summers in Belize i got to Barraped it disgust.gif

i love ddrfreak. laugh.gif

hasn't there been so many topics about this over and over? about what songs are equal to what.. E15.gif
Staff Member
Staff Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. In fact, Pandemonium Expert = mc^2, and Perfect Hard = 6.02214199 × 10^23.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinmizu wrote:

no mols please
View users profile Send private message
Loogaroo
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert 9s are certainly harder than DDR's 9s. I can't say the same for Hard 9s though. They tend to be fairly straightforward, except for some drumrolls and such thrown in.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Heffenfeffer
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: *cracks knuckles* Reply with quote

Shinmizu wrote:

Avagardo! You're really making a mountain out of a mol-hill. Though it's true, anyone that passes Pandemonium Expert is the Queen of Light.

"Your charisma exceeds that of mortal men. Many would lay down their lives for you." - Fall-From-Grace
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
LittleMike LOL
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, I'd say it's the other way around; 10's in ITG are like 9's in DDR.

Anyways, moles are awesome, but not nearly as awesome as beavers. The beaver owns you.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
FKK.Carrot
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, ITG 9 footer are a lot harder from DDR's 9 footers. Like I was playing Stepmania, and I havent seen any 16'th notes in any of DDR's 9 footers
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carrot wrote:
Indeed, ITG 9 footer are a lot harder from DDR's 9 footers. Like I was playing Stepmania, and I havent seen any 16'th notes in any of DDR's 9 footers

You haven't been looking hard enough.
Shenjoku777
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[RiVAL] LittleMike wrote:
If anything, I'd say it's the other way around; 10's in ITG are like 9's in DDR.

Anyways, moles are awesome, but not nearly as awesome as beavers. The beaver owns you.

ummm how bout no? DDR 9s are nowhere near ITG 10s, but ITG 10s are NOWHERE near DDR 10s(ITG 10s being much easier). Some of the 11s can rival DDR 10s and 12+ is harder but that's it.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Farren
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VxJasonxV wrote:
And I DEFINITELY don't put Liquid Moon anywhere close to Max. Liquid Moon isn't that hard, and it's just, FUN.

For what it's worth, Liquid Moon appears to have been downgraded to an 8 on hard in ItG 2. At least, that was how it popped up as in a Survival Course. And really, I think that's a more accurate rating. The only thing that made it tough in ItG 1 was the mandatory psycho mods; the steps themselves are very tame.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
djzmudpony
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I agree ITG 9's are much harder than DDR 9's (partially because song length makes stamina another difficulty factor), they are definitely not DDR 10's. As many people have said before, they don't compare to the MAXes or even say, Outer Limits.

Of course this isn't to say that some of DDR's 10's aren't easy as well. Sakura Oni and Bag Heavy (using a speed modifier) is right in the same level as Queen of Light Expert (once you've gotten the hands thing down).

Dunno, just my thoughts. E13.gif
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

15. PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farren wrote:
VxJasonxV wrote:

For what it's worth, Liquid Moon appears to have been downgraded to an 8 on hard in ItG 2. At least, that was how it popped up as in a Survival Course. And really, I think that's a more accurate rating. The only thing that made it tough in ItG 1 was the mandatory psycho mods; the steps themselves are very tame.
This is supposedly because the steps are 100% new in ITG2...
Confirm/Deny?

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djzmudpony wrote:

Of course this isn't to say that some of DDR's 10's aren't easy as well. Sakura Oni and Bag Heavy (using a speed modifier) is right in the same level as Queen of Light Expert (once you've gotten the hands thing down).

Dunno, just my thoughts. E13.gif

Could've sworn Sakura Oni was a 9-footer; Maniac is the 10. I basically agree with the concept of your post, which is that there are easy/hard songs within each difficulty rating (say, Kakumei vs. exotic ethnic, since both are 9s, but 1 is only a smidgen harder E13.gif )
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
DDR1guy
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends where you started. If you started on ITG then DDR 9s are way easier then ITG. Also ITG 9s can help you prepare for DDR 10s, just add taps.
My whiteness prevents me from getting a quad star on anything

Teacher "Ok class who can tell me what comes after 2? Billy?"
Billy "um ... Shoe"
Houou Don't You Want Me
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like DDR, ITG has some really easy 9s (Liquid Moon) compared to some hard ones such as On a Day Like Today, Touch Me and Lemmings on the Run.

I personally think the 9 range in ITG is slightly too broad, atleast in ITG1. Its just that things like July are not nearly as hard as things like On a Day Like Today.

Still, ITG 9s are in general harder than DDR 9s. (Except for Cartoon Heroes. That thing scares me. Any opinions on whats harder, On a Day Like Today or Cartoon Heroes? I am personally leaning towards On a Day Like Today)
djzmudpony
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it took me me quite a while to consistently AA "Cartoon Heroes", I definitely think it's easier than "On a Day Like Today". The run in the middle and towards the end of the song are a little much for a "9".
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: