Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Konami's post-E3 poll
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Konami's post-E3 poll Reply with quote

Konami's US website usually gives attention to their more mainstream games, but right now they're doing a post-E3 highlight of the Bemani series, which includes a poll asking visitors which of the upcoming music games they're most looking forward to: Karaoke Revolution Party, DDR Ultramix 3, DDR Extreme 2, or beatmania. Head on over and let your voice be heard!

Please note that Konami's poll is administered via popup window, so if you are using any type of popup blocking software, you will need to temporarily disable it to participate in the poll. Alternatively, you can view the poll directly by clicking this link.

Sentient Mode is capable...

Last edited by Cutriss on Thu May 26, 2005 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
skie
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

1. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there was a place for written feedback, because it makes me a very sad panda that Ultramix 3 is currently coming in last place (that could change after this news story though). I think the Ultramix series has been far under-rated by the community and media at large. Not that my vote helped any-- I voted for beatmania because I truly believe it's the most exciting thing from this years show... and I also think it could probably use the "help" a little more than the DDR & Karaoke Revolution games, which are already proven franchises.

So I'll leave my written feedback here, since Konami reps have been known to glance here occasionaly E10.gif -- I support ALL of the titles shown at E3 this year, it's damn impressive and I think most people around here feel very similarly.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah written feedback would be better...... They must know that we want direct ports of the Japanese versions of those games... or like some Pop n Music 10... E4.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
djp -bemanistyle-
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsuri wrote:
Yeah written feedback would be better...... They must know that we want direct ports of the Japanese versions of those games... or like some Pop n Music 10... E4.gif

Konami of America doesn't handle the development of the PS2 games. And Konami of Japan isn't trying to just reach a niche market in the states, they want these games to be as mainstream as they are in Japan, because that's how you make money. Direct ports, as nice as they may seem, aren't going to sell more units for them, and therefore aren't a good idea. Besides, I don't want them to release something I already own. I welcome the mixup, give me a reason (besides support) to buy the games.
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They must know that we want direct ports of the Japanese versions of those games

So beatmania can bomb hard due to being insanely difficult without prior practice.
View users profile Send private message
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

5. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beatmania is going to be a hard enough sell without pissing off the already established fanbase by watering it down to an American game player's level. I'm more worried about the quality of the songs they're going to pick. This 50-song songlist better be good.
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
Tsuri
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HENTAI] Reenee wrote:
Quote:
They must know that we want direct ports of the Japanese versions of those games

So beatmania can bomb hard due to being insanely difficult without prior practice.

Well it still might bomb hard due to some having the attitude of "You just play it with your hands... thats dumb ... if I want to do that I'll just pop in DDR with the control or play Pump it Up on a keyboard!"

And pleaseing mainstream fans didn't seem to be idea for them since they stuck stuff on DDR Extreme 1 that no one has heard in a decade... now correct me if I'm wrong but since when does their target audience listen to stuff from ages ago when they weren't even born... hell most people download the latest songs and don't buy them frown.gif
JustJeff
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

7. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsuri wrote:

And by direct ports you mean what? The exact same track list that the Japanese versions have? Actually, I used to think that way, but now, I'm more open about a varied track list. Having a JPS2, I could just get the Japanese versions of the games with no issue, but also, by having a USPS2, I'd probably not end up with a US mix if it had the same exact songs. With song liscencing, we get the opportunity to have songs we otherwise would not had at all. And I'm pretty sure that if every mix was just like it's Japanese counterpart, someone else would complain about ther not being any US exclusives.

Ultramix 3 being last doesn't surprise me. UM2 is pretty good, but when people think of music games in the US, they think PS2. It's not that the series is that horrible. UM2 has a much more interesting track list to me than Extreme USA. Also, the XB being a different platform, does not have the same number of users as the PS2 does.

beatmania having the overwhelming lead is quite interesting. The interest here is that there are people who want to play this game, but don't have a modded or JPS2 to play it on. Now, everybody can play a version of it. Almost 70% of the people who have taken our current Poll of the Week are getting beatmania or thinking about it. It was hard not to laugh at the Konami E3 booth whenever the announcer guy would say "You've played it in the arcades," becuase there are so few IIDX machines here and it takes hundreds of miles to travel from most of them to the next one. If they keep the momentum up, lace it with a tracklist that crosses genres beyond trance and techno, provide plenty of unlocks (because 50 songs isn't jack), and can ease people into the game with some in store demo stations, they will probably sell many copies.

I guess we will just have to see though as time goes on. I'm sure that only the Bemani crowd has really noticed the poll right now. If enough general gamers take the poll, it could change.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
JustJeff
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

8. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsuri wrote:

And pleaseing mainstream fans didn't seem to be idea for them since they stuck stuff on DDR Extreme 1 that no one has heard in a decade... now correct me if I'm wrong but since when does their target audience listen to stuff from ages ago when they weren't even born... hell most people download the latest songs and don't buy them frown.gif

DDR has always had old songs....

The Reflex, That's the Way I Like It, Get Up and Dance, etc...

As far as dumbing down goes.... I'll imagine that the "Beatmania to the X" setting will be for the fans. But what do you expect them to do? Keep the difficulty the same? I think that this initial version will be dumbed down for the purpose of getting people used to how this game is played. Konami will probably kick it up to Japanese 'difficulty' in the next Style.

The game is hard but I don't think of myself as being a better or hardercore gamer because I have the Japanese versions of IIDX can pass a few F7s. I seriously think anybody who took the time could, as I did, learn how to play the game on the, dare I say it, Japanese levels without being it dumbed down. As I said earlier, I'm hoping that the "to the X" mode would be the same as the Japanese games 7 Key mode.
Atma
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HENTAI] Reenee wrote:
Quote:

Not to say it shouldn't be easy or have an easy difficulty, but if they put in a song like Holic and don't add the another.. Or to even have NO hard songs or real 8 or 8+ songs, people are going to top out their skill within days. Not to mention the AAAing score is low enough now that people will have nothing to even shoot for =[

i see...

Last edited by Atma on Thu May 26, 2005 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total
Tsuri
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe they'll add more than 50 songs due to it getting more attention online.. or something... lol

Anyhow I never really got into IIDX... Pop n Music stole my interest.... yes it was due to IIDX being insanely hard and not having much in terms of beginner stuff and no I don't own a JP PS2 or any modifications... thats too much hassle.... so is the damn high price for the crap to play it - EX : mod chips/JP PS2/flip top.. (but I supose I could make up for that with bootlegs...)

But I don't know if Pop n Music would do well here either... the "cute" characters might make mainstream gamers run away... lol
-SuperZero3 Gold-
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone who doesn't vote for Beatmania will be punished. They must know our support for this game.

Give me a challenge so I know what to play next time I go.

ULTIMATE HIGH SCHOOL SPRING SEASON:
Ooltewah is the UPA 2008 High School State Champion! Yay for doing something before leaving high school.
mydixiewrecked
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepinkdoomofmonkeys wrote:
Everyone who doesn't vote for Beatmania will be punished. They must know our support for this game.

Why? This site is called DDR Freak... well, the last time I checked it was...
JustJeff
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

13. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They mean the support of the Bemani community as a whole. Not just people who like arrow smashing games.
mydixiewrecked
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustJeff wrote:
They mean the support of the Bemani community as a whole. Not just people who like arrow smashing games.

I'm more referring to the part about punishing people, anyone can support Beatmania if you want, I don't have anything against that.
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your sarcasm detector needs a check-up then.
BrandonMills
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Pass Reply with quote

Again, I could care less.

No new arcade game? No care. Sorry Konami, DDR needs arcade power to survive in my book.
Tsuri
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at most for DDR arcade machines in the USA your talking about a couple hundred machines... not enough to generate enough revenue... most places in the USA have no arcades at all.... and DDR arcade versions are dead in Japan... they don't seem interested in revival.... but there is DS Fusion.... which sucks...
dj-Luminus
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there's a good number of arcades out there and a good number of DDR machines out there, maybe not as many as Japan but I mean DDR is no longer that game that no one has ever heard of or seen.

I think what he meant is just a new arcade release, which is what I'm waiting for as well, of course Beatmania USA is going to rock my socks cause now I don't have to import. I hope it comes out the same time as Extreme 2 and UM3, I don't wanna have to wait long >_<, but it probably will be after them anyway.

But yes KOJ please release a new AC DDR, I'm really really REALLY sick of Extreme.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dj-Luminus wrote:
Actually there's a good number of arcades out there and a good number of DDR machines out there, maybe not as many as Japan...

I think there are more arcade machines in L.A. alone than all of Japan...
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: