Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Mad Catz to publish PIU: Exceed for PS2 and Xbox
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Mad Catz to publish PIU: Exceed for PS2 and Xbox Reply with quote

Mastiff today announced that Mad Catz Interactive will be distributing the forthcoming North American releases of Pump It Up Exceed for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox consoles. The MSRP for the title will be 59.99 USD, and will feature "approximately 100 songs". Among the licensed artists present in this release are The Crystal Method, Sugar Hill Gang, and Earth Wind & Fire.

Mastiff and Mad Catz Announce Pump It Up Agreement

Mad Catz will exclusively distribute hot new dance game

SAN FRANCISCO, CA (May 13, 2005) Video Game publisher Mastiff and Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (AMEX/TSE: MCZ), the world's leading third party video game accessory provider, today announced that Mad Catz will be the exclusive distributor of Pump It Up: Exceed for North America. Pump It Up: Exceed is the hot dancing game storming through Latin America, the UK, France, and Korea, for the Sony PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

Pump It Up features choreographed steps for each song and a five-button mat that lets the step designers reward players for not just where they put their feet, but how their feet got there. The game features approximately 100 songs, including new music for the console version from cutting edge artists such as Grammy nominees Crystal Method and Steriogram, as well as Earth, Wind & Fire, and Sugarhill Gang. Music familiar to fans of the arcade include top K-POP (Korean pop) acts like Sechs Kies, Honey Family, Clon and Novasonic, and songs like Beethoven Virus and Pump Me Amadeus by BanYa, the Pump It Up original band. The game releases this summer for a suggested retail price of US $59.99.

"Mad Catz is committed to exploring games that feature true interactivity," says Darren Richardson President and CEO of Mad Catz. "This is another opportunity to leverage our access to the distribution channel and drive additional revenue streams."

"We're delighted to be partnered with Mad Catz," says Bill Swartz, head woof of Mastiff. "We are confident that through Mad Catz's relationships with leading retailers and their current market leadership, that Pump It Up: Exceed will be a huge success."

About Pump It Up: Exceed
While other dance games have only four-button dance pads, Pump It Up features choreographed steps for each song and a five-button mat that lets the step-designers reward players for not just where they put their feet, but how their feet got there. In addition, Pump It Up also features a freestyle setting that forces you to hit three or more mat buttons simultaneously, which can only be accomplished by using more than just your feet. Skillful players will be able to enter their scores on an internet based score board.

The console version of Pump It Up: Exceed is based on the arcade game Pump It Up: Exceed but, in addition to the new music features a wealth of exclusive features including three entirely original modes: Home, Sudden Death, and Survival as well as a practice and tutorial mode. The game can be played by one or two players, and even offers a one player/two mat mode. The Xbox version of Pump It Up: Exceed features Xbox Live® support.

About Mad Catz Interactive, Inc.
Mad Catz is a worldwide leader of innovative peripherals in the interactive entertainment industry. Mad Catz designs and markets a full range of accessories for video game systems and publishes video game software, including the industry leading GameShark brand of video game enhancements. Mad Catz has distribution through most leading retailers offering interactive entertainment products. Mad Catz has its operating headquarters in San Diego, California and offices in Canada, Europe and Asia. For additional information go to www.madcatz.com.

Safe Harbor for Forward Looking Statements:
This press release contains forward-looking statements about the Company's business prospects that involve substantial risks and uncertainties. The Company assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements contained in this press release as a result of new information or future events or developments. You can identify these statements by the fact that they use words such as "anticipate," "estimate," "expect," "project," "intend," "should," "plan," "goal," "believe," and other words and terms of similar meaning in connection with any discussion of future operating or financial performance. Among the factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are the following: the ability to maintain or renew the Company's licenses; competitive developments affecting the Company's current products; first party price reductions; the ability to successfully market both new and existing products domestically and internationally; difficulties or delays in manufac!
turing; or a downturn in the market or industry. A further list and description of these risks, uncertainties and other matters can be found in the Company's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Canadian Securities Administrators.

About Mastiff
Mastiff is a publisher of interactive entertainment with offices in Tokyo, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Recent titles from Mastiff include La Pucelle: Tactics, which was recently awarded an Editor's Choice Award from leading gaming website, IGN.com, and a "Must Buy" from the top PlayStation 2 publication, PSM. Other recent releases include Gungrave: Overdose, Technic Beat and Top Gun: Combat Zones. Please visit www.mastiff-games.com for more information.

About Andamiro
Andamiro is a major developer and manufacturer of interactive coin operated entertainment equipment supplying the amusement and gaming business. Andamiro is headquartered in Seoul, Korea with a world wide sales and marketing office located in Torrance, California. For further information contact sales@andamirousa.com

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
myuglybunny
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madcatz... Wow thats...interesting... i hope they arnt making the pad
Cutriss wrote:
Pump It Up features choreographed steps for each song and a five-button mat that lets the step-designers reward players for not just where they put their feet, but how their feet got there.

WTF does that mean... Hmm... E19.gif

View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Arks
Konami Staff
Konami Staff

2. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Catz?

I weep. My poor Pump is going to be ruined with a crappy pad.
View users profile Send private message
jbean3535
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Catz better not be doing the pad or I will be off the wall. It was looking FABULOUS until they came into the picture.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pads that came with my KOREAN EXCEED are very nice. I had to mod them anyway because they're still the soft pads. They equal what Konami has packaged in EX boxes. Hopefully Madcatz won't make this suck for you guys though =/

Last edited by Geneity X on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DigitalCyber
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man this is awesome. Finally I can get PIU. But yeah the pads. They better not be MadCatz if they r ill just do the plyboard mod
View users profile Send private message Send email
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope my PIU pad from PC Prex3 works on this.

How can it be so much? $59.99? That's with the pad right? That's how much Konami sold their bundles WITH the pad...

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
BLueSS~
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would make sense that $59 will be with the pad, but hopefully redoctane will make a pad for it. laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Light_373
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youll prolly be able to order it from ro w/ a bundle.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

9. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article doesn't make this clear, but there's an additional note which I did not print which refers to Mad Catz having the bundle on display at E3, so I presume the $59.99 pricetag includes the pad.

It makes sense, really, as this is the first domestic release of PIU, and so technically nobody should have pads to play the game with. E10.gif

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, so the game is probably not going to be sold seperately. Bleh, I freaking hope Mad Catz isn't making the pads but Andamiro.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gene|4 wrote:
They equal what Konami has packaged in EX boxes.

I heard they were BETTER.
-SuperZero3 Gold-
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I really hope MadCatz is just making the pads, but they're designed by Andamiro.

If not, I may just be forced to get a flux.

Give me a challenge so I know what to play next time I go.

ULTIMATE HIGH SCHOOL SPRING SEASON:
Ooltewah is the UPA 2008 High School State Champion! Yay for doing something before leaving high school.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepinkdoomofmonkeys wrote:
Wow, I really hope MadCatz is just making the pads, but they're designed by Andamiro.

Cobalt Flux does not provide support with PIU Exceed Asian version. I'm thinking that the layout will be the same for the US, and therefore the Cobalt Flux's control box will not be compatible with it.

Yes, Andamiro's official soft pads are/were better then Konami's bundled soft pad.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
Anthony of TGA
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

14. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aiight check it:

Gamespot already mentioned this about 2 months ago, they say the release date is May. (then again they also say it is a puzzle game).
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/pumpitupexceed/preview_6118556.html

Heres a pic of the pad that will be bundled:
RomeoJoe86
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka // BluR wrote:

I'm thinking that the layout will be the same for the US, and therefore the Cobalt Flux's control box will not be compatible with it.

Ah, but the PIU Exceed US version may have been adjusted to work with Cobalt Flux Pads and so that's really something we don't know about either way at this point. I sure hope it does work though. Something more for my two CF's to play with.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Tsuri
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepinkdoomofmonkeys wrote:

Cobalt Fluxs don't work for Pump it Up due to the panels not being the correct size... in otherwords it sucks for anything higher than hard mode... and even then you have trouble on a flux.

If Mad Catz did make the pads then your best bet is to hope the game still suppourts USB so you can use PREX3/Exceed Korean/or USA USB pads. But that won't work for the Xbox version since it doesn't have normal sized USB slots.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, if MadCatz is making the pad, we're all screwed. You'd be better off playing Larpus on a spread of old newspapers.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total
W1Ck3D
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah , i hope redoctane makes an ignition or something along the lines of that for this.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Moccasins
Basic Member
Basic Member

19. PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!
Mad catz Sux!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: