Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Trouble in Groove-land
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

800. PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinistar wrote:
Figure 10 is cool, though. It shows that they had at some point planned to show people food equivalents for calorie burn. So, you could play DDR for 10 minutes and be told you burned off a banana. E1.gif

Interestingly enough, that was implemented, but not necessarily in-game. Included in DDR 3rd Mix (and possibly other Japanese Mixes of the PS era) is a small card insert with information about "Diet Mode" (Workout Mode to us). On one side is a chart of various foods and their calorie equivalents. So, that 10 minute banana you mentioned is 70 kcal according to this chart, heh. It's mainly got what look to be typical Japanese dishes, but there are some more recognizable foods, like a slice of bread, a bowl of rice, various other fruits, and even a double cheeseburger (550 kcal). It might take a few 10's to earn a double cheeseburger, though E13.gif
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

801. PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but ITG home version's fitness mode seems weird. I burned like 200 calories playing one expert song where it'd take me one game to burn that much in the arcade.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Alezay
Trick Member
Trick Member

802. PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka // BluR wrote:
I don't know, but ITG home version's fitness mode seems weird. I burned like 200 calories playing one expert song where it'd take me one game to burn that much in the arcade.

Now THAT needs looking into.

Alezay from "THE GRP"
Toady wrote:
That guy on his knees is me, and I'm doing what I do best - worship the rooster.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41
Page 41 of 41

Jump to: