Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Trouble in Groove-land
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

760. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

max'erAA wrote:
once again i please ask: if konami wins, do arcades have to get rid of ITG?
No.
Essentially (beyond monitary damages), they have to stop selling kits that go into DDR Machines. They don't have to stop selling the game the game altogether (only ddr cabinents boxors!), nor recall existing kits.
They are in the clear to sell the New ITG2-specific Cabinents.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
kenjamin
Trick Member
Trick Member

761. PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh noes, Konami is protecting their patent! They must not care about us north Americans!1shift!
View users profile Send private message
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

762. PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishBastardizingTerror wrote:
so project mercy who ARE you on the ITG staff anyway

inquireing minds want to know
Nobody special. Just yet another person who thinks that being abrasive and condescending on the Internet is equivalent to being right.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

763. PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that LJ wasnt even very interesting
Trick Member
Trick Member

764. PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
yet another person

Re: LJ User Icon: I think my childhood just burst into flames.

Man, too much drama and insanity on this board. Even I gave up on this arguement long ago. E10.gif
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

765. PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha (IIDX Style) wrote:
Cutriss wrote:
yet another person

Re: LJ User Icon: I think my childhood just burst into flames.

Man, too much drama and insanity on this board. Even I gave up on this arguement long ago. :P

ive seen that icon like a dozen times already so its nothign new
Staff Member
Staff Member

766. PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, too much drama and insanity on this board. Even I gave up on this arguement long ago. E10.gif
This board? E10.gif It's like this everywhere. E10.gif Contrary to popular opinion, just because it's DDR Freak doesn't automatically make it childish. It's like that everywhere, but people just won't admit it.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
nekura
Trick Member
Trick Member

767. PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
This board? E10.gif It's like this everywhere. E10.gif Contrary to popular opinion, just because it's DDR Freak doesn't automatically make it childish. It's like that everywhere, but people just won't admit it.

Some of us do admit it, albeit begrudgingly. E13.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

768. PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
Nobody special.

That's nonsense, all of God's children are special.
Trick Member
Trick Member

769. PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since everyone loves either DDR or ITG or maybe both, the best outcome would be for Konami to leave Roxor make ITG2, and make a new DDR mix. I mean, that would be amazin

Anymore news on this anyways?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
epilonious
Staff Member
Staff Member

770. PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingsSD3 wrote:
Since everyone loves either DDR or ITG or maybe both, the best outcome would be for Konami to leave Roxor make ITG2, and make a new DDR mix. I mean, that would be amazin

Anymore news on this anyways?

Nah, the best outcome would be for Roxor to ask Konami in the first place rather than think they are clever enough to rip off konami's patented system without being caught.

Setting the precedent for going "it's legal, now stop asking" was a particularly nice touch... because it makes them look extra guilty/dumb.
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.

Discomang:Epi loves penis. epi waffle-roffles.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

771. PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psyton wrote:

Nah, the best outcome would be for Roxor to ask Konami in the first place rather than think they are clever enough to rip off konami's patented system without being caught.

Setting the precedent for going "it's legal, now stop asking" was a particularly nice touch... because it makes them look extra guilty/dumb.

you honestly can't make that assumption. No one knows what roxor has planned. I imagine going into this they consulted a lawyer/lawyers and honestly believed it was legal. I can't say for sure that's the truth though, just as you can't say for sure that roxor was definitely doing this on purpose. I do believe that if roxor had any sense in them, they wouldn't have knowingly done something to get sued, so you have to at least believe that they thought they were in the clear legally.

Please get off your high horse. Yes, you were right, roxor has a complaint filed against them by konami. But just because you "saw it coming" doesn't mean you are all knowing about roxor's legal situation, so just stop. You're really coming off like an ass.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

772. PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you do have to admit though, it is kinda funny. every time someone brought up that it might be illegal, they were shot down with a barage of essentially: "ITS LEGAL SHUT UP." it even got to the point where it wasn't even allowed to be discussed, and threads talking about legality would be locked because "it has accomplished absolutely nothing" (which is pretty much what this thread is accomplishing now as well). roxor's itg has always seemed like a shady idea to me since the moment i heard it, so it just makes me giggle a bit to know my curious hunches were pretty much right and they are getting sued. psyton has a point though. using the whole "ITS LEAGAL. STOP ASKING QUESTIONS"-but-not-giving-reasons-why tactic certainly didnt help create an image of integrity for roxor.
Trick Member
Trick Member

773. PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea! Why don't Konami and Roxor make a "Groove Groove Revolution" together, with all the songs of the two, anmd all tha mods of DDR and ITG? Why do they have to fight and scare the crap out of all the ITG fans. I mean, it would be nice to have a DDR with hands and mines, and some good songs from DDR could be on ITG. (Sorry to ramble, I just needed to share this idea)

[URL="http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/TNT_Xplosiv/Shoutboxproof.jpg"]冥 Ish married to Hitmoi, sho BACK OFF <3 冥
[/URL]
View users profile Send private message Send email
Soda
Trick Member
Trick Member

774. PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero0920 wrote:
I have an idea! Why don't Konami and Roxor make a "Groove Groove Revolution" together, with all the songs of the two, anmd all tha mods of DDR and ITG? Why do they have to fight and scare the crap out of all the ITG fans. I mean, it would be nice to have a DDR with hands and mines, and some good songs from DDR could be on ITG. (Sorry to ramble, I just needed to share this idea)

Why don't you try sending that idea to konami in an email? :)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Zero0920
Trick Member
Trick Member

775. PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soda wrote:
Zero0920 wrote:

Why don't you try sending that idea to konami in an email? E1.gif

I would, but... what IS their e-mail?

P.S. I f anyone knows their E-mail address, PM it to me. I will tell you how it turns out! E13.gif

[URL="http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/TNT_Xplosiv/Shoutboxproof.jpg"]冥 Ish married to Hitmoi, sho BACK OFF <3 冥
[/URL]
View users profile Send private message Send email
DJTyrant
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

776. PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
you do have to admit though, it is kinda funny. every time someone brought up that it might be illegal, they were shot down with a barage of essentially: "ITS LEGAL SHUT UP." it even got to the point where it wasn't even allowed to be discussed, and threads talking about legality would be locked because "it has accomplished absolutely nothing" (which is pretty much what this thread is accomplishing now as well). roxor's itg has always seemed like a shady idea to me since the moment i heard it, so it just makes me giggle a bit to know my curious hunches were pretty much right and they are getting sued. psyton has a point though. using the whole "ITS LEAGAL. STOP ASKING QUESTIONS"-but-not-giving-reasons-why tactic certainly didnt help create an image of integrity for roxor.

Um, In the Groove is LEGAL. And the debate of it being legal or not was shutdown because it just made more work for moderaters everywhere. The game is completely legal. If it wasn't Konami would be suing over the version too which they are not.
Trick Member
Trick Member

777. PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i know. the game itself is apparently different enough to be legal. but thats not my point. my point was they were shady about things, and one of those things happened to be putting their game into konami cabinets, which happened to be not be legal.
Trick Member
Trick Member

778. PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman Jake wrote:
SPF5.Kiba wrote:
Your post highlights the contextual one perfectly, and very respectfully, I agree. But it does not address the formal one, which offended the logician in me.

I didn't see FHOD's post as an argument so much as a compound proposition. As you know, logic deals with the validity of arguments, not the veracity of simple statements. FHOD was simply stating a bunch of false propositions, not really trying to make an argument, in my opinion. Perhaps you were trying too hard to make sense of what was essentially a post of complete nonsense laugh.gif

actually, I was just saying ITG got what they deserved. A patent exists for a reason. I could care less which game is better, but I support ITG less because it is simply making money off someone else for their good idea. And also I know pretty much everyone at this site is exemp from stating any public popularity theories since we all are on DDRFREAK! I do however believe that the general public has never ever heard of ITG and a good number has heard of DDR. That is why (regardless of quality or number of fanboys) DDR will sell more copies.

Zero0920 wrote:

I will tell you why. DDR currently dominates the home console market for dancing games (nearly unopposed) and they would only do that if they truly felt that ITG would somehow overtake DDR. People are greedy and right now konami is no different. They know they will make more money than Roxor and they don't need to change their entire game to take ITG off the market when it will fail there anyway.

Quote:
No bloody towels there.

MEMBER OF TEAM F.H.O.D
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Setekhx
Trick Member
Trick Member

779. PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FHOD DJ X!! wrote:
ITG off the market when it will fail there anyway.

I implore you to be careful about stating something like that. A great number of people that played DDR and went to ITG still have alot of friends who play DDR/ITG. If ITG home version is as good as DDR's is then word of mouth is all theyll need to skyrocket marketwise into the economy. Thats how US economy works nowadays.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 39 of 41

Jump to: