Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Watch IGN.com's In The Groove Producer Interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDRNemesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Charlene but the one on ITG sounds a little remixed.

I'm an affiliate for Play-Asia, click on banner for all of your BEMANI needs!!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

61. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I came in here wanting to see this video and hear about just what made ITG so different from 'other dance games' ('cause it's kind of difficult to just take a look and see any real difference). Then I felt it nessessary to clarify that ITG is not nessessarily three whole magnitudes of difficulty higher than DDR. Then the whole thing went to hell. Well, I learned a bit, but I still don't know why anybody in their right mind would name their company something like 'roxor'. How do you explain that? Well, it doesn't matter.

Oh, on the upside, turns out our arcade IS getting ITG, and are chucking the old machine entirely to do it. Oh joy, oh bliss. I'll be the first in line.
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
PKMN.YnoT
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
Am I the only person who couldn't care whether ITG was plagiarized from a team of swedish midgets with montezuma's revenge?

I didn't really get that part about the midgets, but from what I see in the first part of the sentence, I'd say you're not the only person. E1.gif I don't care if ITG was a ripoff of something else. If the game is fun, that's all that matters.

imo, even if you do care that ITG was a plagiarized, the fact that it is copied and whether or not it is fun should not have any correlation. So, in that case, you may dislike the fact that it is plagiarized, but you should not dislike the game simply because it is plagiarized. And if you deem the previous sentence valid, then you basically treat ITG as if it is a "DDR 9th mix." If you do not like the new features and the songs or whatever in DDR 9th mix (Recall how DDR Max i.e. 6th mix had all brand new songs and a lot of new features like speed mods & freezes and an entirely different look? ya, treat ITG like that), then fine, but there are alot of people who do like it.

PS: I used the second person "you" meaning anyone in general, not anyone in particular. (Treat it like "one.")

Rancidfish wrote:
Seriously, I don't know why you're taking this all so seriously, anyway. Go out and play some In the Groove. After two or three games, then make some decisions. I thought ItG looked awesome when it was in development, but I was still iffy about it, and my opinion of the game went down after playing it, but I still love it. Your opinion will change as well. For better or for worse, who knows, but it will still, most likely, change.
Yeah, at first, before I played ITG, when I just looked at the videos, I thought the arrows looked pretty crappy cuz in nearly all the videos they played with Cell. After actually playing the game, personally I still think Cell doesn't look THAT great, but certainly it looked a lot better than video (Metal on the other hand, I like). And, before I played ITG, I watched a video of Pandy Hard, and I thought that was pretty much impossible to do already, let alone the Expert one, but after having played ITG for a month now, I can see that it's hard, but certainly possible... it's something that even I am capable of doing (in the near future...). And, ya, I'd say there're certainly songs way harder than PSMO but still very enjoyable to listen and dance to (personally I don't like listening to Paranoias all that much). Yeah, you really have to play it before complimenting or trashing it.

EDIT: I think Charlene sounds okay, I like Queen of Light better though. I don't think there's any song in the entire set of songs in ITG that I really dislike actually. This coming from a person who almost NEVER listen to any American music (... I'm Chinese).

EDIT again: I just realized Uiru posted a post as I was typing. ... I dunno if ITG's "three whole magnitudes higher" than DDR, but I know it IS harder. I think ITG said something about not to compare ITG's n-footer to DDR's n-footer or something anyway. They are 2 different rating systems. And each song in each rating system is rated only relative to the other songs in that game. I think a while ago there was a suggestion in itgFreak forums to use a scale similar to DM/GF (from 0 - 100 instead of 0 - 13), it really doesn't matter, because it's how each song's difficulty is relative to other songs that matter. Why it's called Roxor, why it's called In the Groove, why DDR's called DDR, personally I couldn't care less, as long as the game play is fun.
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparison to other dance games? it's just PIU on DDR pads with mines, and without choregraphed step charts.

Thats not saying it's not fun but I wouldn't really classify it as a dance game, it's more of an extreme exercise game to me. Or should I call it heart attack quest mark II

I freestyle a lot so ITG only appeals to me a little... I do play a lot of difficult stuff but not to be "the best" like those nuts who post videos of their AAA, S, and whatever ITG has as a top grade.... lol
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
PKMN.YnoT
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dance Games" = "Stepping-On-A-Pad-According-To-Specified-Arrows Games" I think, since DDR and PIU aren''t really about dancing either.
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y noT wrote:
"Dance Games" = "Stepping-On-A-Pad-According-To-Specified-Arrows Games" I think, since DDR and PIU aren''t really about dancing either.

well maybe not DDR but PIU is definitely a dancing game... need proof? Look at the amount of people who actually dance on a DDR/ITG machine and then look at the amount of people who dance on a PIU machine... the steps are made specifically for that, and having played both DDR and PIU a lot I can clearly tell you the steps don't flow very well for improvised freestyle or freestyle routines.
SonGohanX
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me posts Slam Crazy Freestyle vid.

=D

Next MB Tournament: Dec 16th @ EOCP. ITG2 and PIU NX.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

67. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG has pretty good freestyle chances just for the fact that it is SO EASY to make edits for it. There aren't many songs that would appeal to me for freestyle right now (well, I am from the Northwest, so i'm about as likely to freestyle as a walrus), but they definitely exist.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJTyrant
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

68. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ITG2 will have a lot more room for freestylable songs (heh, if that's even a word E10.gif).

That interview was interesting though and hopefully it won't scare people away by showing Queen of Light E10.gif.
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, what a joke. The guy saying this game is snyced properly is such a lie. ITG is the worst synced dance game out of the three major dance games. I never new a properly synced arrow was supposed to happen after the beat.

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

70. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRNemesis wrote:
Ha, what a joke. The guy saying this game is snyced properly is such a lie. ITG is the worst synced dance game out of the three major dance games. I never new a properly synced arrow was supposed to happen after the beat.

Uhh...with all due respect, I don't think people could get two excellents on an expert song if everything was offsync.

No doubt there are some offsync songs, but I have yet to see a D2R.
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well from what I have played off it I just see it as DDR style music with PIU style steps on a DDR pad with mines... also some steps have the make no sense BPM changes.... well maybe just one but still it's there.... lol

And as for the comment about Slam - Crazy mode isn't meant for Freestyle... thats why it has the subtitle : "Stepper mode"

And if you CAN FS on Slam on Crazy your insane.
DDRNemesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
DDRNemesis wrote:

Uhh...with all due respect, I don't think people could get two excellents on an expert song if everything was offsync.

No doubt there are some offsync songs, but I have yet to see a D2R.

Hmm D2R seems perfectly on sync to me. Well I do really only play home mixes. BTW I wonder what kind of mother will want her 7 year old kid playing songs like Touch Me. A little PG-13 there.

J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

73. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRNemesis wrote:
Hmm D2R seems perfectly on sync to me.

Well that's all that really needs to be said.

I don't think Touch Me is worse then "Oh Nick Please Not so Quick"
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ha ur a real kidder. Maybe im not just picky about a song being 1/38693745 off beat. BTW RO pads now look like a huge pile of crap. And Oh Nick Please Not So Quick was never meant for an American audience.

J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

75. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D2R is about 1.5 offbeat (three times worse then Hyper Eurobeat). My best on D2R is like five, and the steps are so trivial if it was even close I would have AAAed it. I think you would be hard pressed to find any highly skilled player who thought D2R was on sync.

The syncing in D2R is HUGELY late. It's so late it's visible with the eyes when you play it. I cannot great attack at all and I've gotten single digit perfects (and the rest great) on D2R without much effort.

Even Fly With Me, certainly ITG's most offsync song, is nowhere even near D2R.
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arrows go with the music. And are you saying im an unskilled player?

LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

77. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRNemesis wrote:

Hmm D2R seems perfectly on sync to me.

D2R is WIDELY acknowledged as one of the furthest off songs EVER.
DDRNemesis wrote:
Well I do really only play home mixes.

There's your problem, we're talking about the arcade, things might be fixed in home versions, especially with semitruck wide perfect windows (which ITG home version has the *same* size window as the arcade)
DDRNemesis wrote:
BTW I wonder what kind of mother will want her 7 year old kid playing songs like Touch Me. A little PG-13 there.

The same mother who lets her child listen to music about gang bangin bitches and pimpin hoes all day. Honestly, it isn't a problem, 4th mix had plenty of E-Rotic songs, and no one complained.
DDRNemesis wrote:
The arrows go with the music. And are you saying im an unskilled player?

We're saying nothing of the sort. We're just saying that between Kiba and I, we have 200+ AAAs, and many of our friends (including people who have only 10s left to AAA) all agree that D2R is widely late, and i doubt you're as skilled as they are.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DDRNemesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said no one complained about E-Rotic in 4th mix because many USA audiences never played the game. Also people on the other side of the world don't care about sex as much as us Americans.

J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

79. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRNemesis wrote:
Also people on the other side of the world don't care about sex as much as us Americans.

Uhmm...have you ever been to Japan?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: