Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Studio showcased for the first time in the US
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the DDR4Health regulars (danburi) did a bit of detective work and dug up photos from the IHRSA event and video footage of DDR Studio in action!

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Melvis at the Disco!
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

61. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinistar wrote:
One of the DDR4Health regulars (danburi) did a bit of detective work and dug up photos from the IHRSA event and video footage of DDR Studio in action!

VERY nicely done! E1.gif

May I edit Post #1 to reflect there IS tangible proof of DDR Studio? E1.gif
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never should have doubted... riiight.gif

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Melvis at the Disco!
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

63. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinistar wrote:
I never should have doubted... riiight.gif

How can you doubt the guy that hooked up all the UM2 knowledge last year? E15.gif

I'm just glad they didn't get video footage of ME playing that thing. I was sucking wind after 20 minutes of kicking/punching. Kakumei boxing PWNS everyone. *heh*

ON a side note, most of the music I recognized was Beatmania type tracks, only more extended versions thereof... can't think of titles of the top of my head though. Real esoteric stuff. Perhaps this could be a new gateway to introduce new Konami original music? Hrmmm...
Preskool Warior
Basic Member
Basic Member

64. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY opinion is for maximum exercise they should fuse all the games together and make you play beatmania, ddr,para para paradise, plus all the other games im forgetting all at the same time and call it dance dance mania paradise.
jbean3535
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad I don't speak Japanese. All I understood was Konami, Konami Sports, and DDR.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

66. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that was way different than i expected E10.gif

View users profile Send private message
YoureMyHiro
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eric. wrote:
We don't fucking care about this, Konami. Where is our new Arcade mix?

Word.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
SlimMonkey3
Basic Member
Basic Member

68. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: blah blah Reply with quote

]I think someone is a little selfish and seems to have a bit of an inflated head and for the way that you come off, why would you even want to know if someone else in Georgia plays? You make it sound like you should be the only one.

Personally, I don't mind how many people end up playing DDR, the community has grown greatly since I started to play. The part that bothers me more than anything is the amount of ignorance and sometimes plain stupidity that exists.

Me? I'm looking to introduce DDR into a physical therapy setting. I'm not sure how well it is going to work, but I have high hopes and a very excited therapist that I'm working with. So, sorry SlimMonkey3, but there are going to be gimpy, usually older people that are going to start playing in my area while working on increasing their ability to move and recover from an injury and move on with their lives.

The "poster child" or test subject for this is going to be a 56 year old woman, a really good friend of mine, with a mental disability due to the carelessness of the high school I graduated from. She has always loved to watch me play DDR for her and told me how much she would love to play for herself if she had the ability.

^^ blah blah^^
what ever that person wrote

thats nice ,i can be as selfish as i want, im only 14 so why dont u and your 56 yr old retarted friend go away!

and to add to that , i quote myself " bratty 7 yr old kids, spandex health club grandmas, and soccer moms"

if u fall under that catagory then GO AWAY! i dont wanna play with ya!
other then that as long s theres no line and the ppl are watching(and if im feeling pissed or not) then more power to ya! come on down and lose to tha masta!

ive played with plenty of ppl in georgia, i just wsh someone would say something so we could play again.

but here let me re-state my question **DOES ANYONE PLAY AT SIX FLAGS OVER GEORGIA!**

and wheres the new ARCADE MIX?

HINT HINT Konami! im tried of playing 7th mix
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
do_da_cha_cha
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: blah blah Reply with quote

SlimMonkey3 wrote:

then go play DDR Extreme (8th Mix)...it's been out for a long while

http://www.thisipodnanoisfree.com/?r=3910
Free ipod nano! All Free, Non-CC offers
Paying $3 paypal for signups...PM me :-)
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Chaddlyr3
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, This is ... well, I'm speechless.

Apparently all Americans are overweight and have to play on basic.

Why bring DDR into health clubs and stuff. In a year ppl won't be like "OMG like look at their feet" They'll be like "Hmph that's at the gym." blink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

71. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: blah blah Reply with quote

do_da_cha_cha wrote:
SlimMonkey3 wrote:

then go play DDR Extreme (8th Mix)...it's been out for a long while
Something like three years and some change?
By my count?

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Rychan
Contributor
Contributor

72. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: blah blah Reply with quote

SlimMonkey3 wrote:
ive played with plenty of ppl in georgia, i just wsh someone would say something so we could play again.

but here let me re-state my question **DOES ANYONE PLAY AT SIX FLAGS OVER GEORGIA!**

and wheres the new ARCADE MIX?

Go ask who plays in your region in your own regional forums, no one in chit chat gives a shit where you play.
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To slimmonkey, Karmas going to get you in the long run anyway. You really do show your age, and your ignorance with your completely unneeded and asanine comments. Please do the world a favor, and stab the coathanger through your heart like your mother should have done.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
IguanaGrrl
Staff Member
Staff Member

74. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AcidBurnISU wrote:
You really do show your age, and your ignorance with your completely unneeded and asanine comments.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Happy warning! E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaddlyr3 wrote:

Apparently? You based that on one video of one showing of a demonstration of DDR Studio? That hardly makes anything "apparent". And could it be that playing on basic makes it easier to then work in the kick boxing moves? Yes, I think it could!

From the looks of it, DDR Studio is about a full body aerobic workout. DDR itself is not designed for that (though Extreme US moved it one step closer with EyeToy integration and hand motions), so, instead, they are relying upon instructor-driven movements during and between steps. In order to fit in those movements without totally confusing people, the steps themselves need to be easy.

Though if you can do punching and body movement routines on Heavy, more power to you.

Quote:
Why bring DDR into health clubs and stuff. In a year ppl won't be like "OMG like look at their feet" They'll be like "Hmph that's at the gym." blink.gif

Will the people in the gym be spending enough time with DDR to AAA anything? Probably not. Did people watch Carl Lewis run and then say, "Yeah, well, I jog all the time. Hmph." No. Is your concern really that mainstream acceptance of DDR will reduce the ability of DDR players to feel special?

Bicycling in a gym does not train one for the Tour de France. Boxing in a gym with middle-aged suburban men will not prepare one for a round in Vegas. Lifting weights once a week in a gym will not qualify one for the olympics. There is a vast difference in the skills between a casual player and a dedicated player. That difference doesn't just disappear because more people are playing.

Bemani Dog
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaddlyr3 wrote:

Well they didn't exactly go out and pick eight experts. They probably just pulled some people that never played before out of the floor.
peorth559
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the looks of the video, this DDR Studio looks like regular aerobics with an upgrade. I think it's a great idea to get pplz interested in exercising more, with catchy music and pretty videos in the background, it grabs the senses and is stimulating. I know I have difficulty going and just doing straight out exercie - I get bored easily and don't do it right or frequently. I don't think arcade goers should have anything to fear if this is just aerobics with a step chart. Besides, if the DDR name gets more popular because of this, the chances of new games will be likely as word spreads. That's just my take on it. =)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
mydixiewrecked
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be a great expansion for Konami, but many people, including myself, would rather hear about a new Arcade mix. I'm starting to get sick of Extreme...
View users profile Send private message
ddr654
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preskool Warior wrote:
MY opinion is for maximum exercise they should fuse all the games together and make you play beatmania, ddr,para para paradise, plus all the other games im forgetting all at the same time and call it dance dance mania paradise.

oh hell ****ing yeah!!!!! laugh.gif
-where you can find pleasure, search the world for treasure
-all the hoochie mamas throw your hands up!!
-DDR654
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: