Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Studio showcased for the first time in the US
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melvis at the Disco!
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

40. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trupnoi wrote:
i seen it in the TODAY show this morning around 7 AM pacific time and gosh it is horrible! i think that it was just an US EXTREME with a small monitor and two CF pads. E10.gif

I doubt you saw DDR Studio. The interface looks nothing like Extreme. If anything, the graphics are more of a throwback to the 30 FPS (or whatever it was for DDR 1st - 4th Mix+) --

Konami's being a real dick about videos/stills. I'm still nagging Jason to hook up even a press release from Konami Tokyo Sports. My dig-cam was dead that day. frown.gif
JTchinoy
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I'm out of it... when did Wendell become a vivid member, get thinner, and get contacts??
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
djmon
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

42. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

___chinoystylez wrote:
Man, I'm out of it... when did Wendell become a vivid member, get thinner, and get contacts??

i beilieve it is a SVGL 3 joke E10.gif hehehehe Man he lost weight. really wow. i thought it was it E10.gif

View users profile Send private message
Dancing Dan
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this...sounds...interesting? I really dont know what to say about it...it would probably be alot more fun for me at a gym if i saw it....but otherwise i dont know how good this poopy will be. and why does everyone keep asking about a new arcade mix? lmao i keep laughing when i see that. laugh.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

44. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: No Fair! Reply with quote

Personally i thiunk its a load of crap, why do they get new pads and all this nice stuff. i have to put up with the crappy 3rd party pad.

And secondly i dont want more ppl getting into ddr. not cool! i wanna be the only good one here. and i dont wanna wait in longer lines to play! i want ppl to crowd behind me and worship me. i want them to worship me like i crap diamonds. and if i have to put up with some bratty 7 yr old kid who thinks hes better then me then hes gonna have another thing comming!

and u can say im an attion hog or i show off because i only get to a machine mabey 4 times a yr.

other then that have have to dance on the crappy pads at home frown.gif

Anoyone in Roswell, Georgia play? or am i the only one frown.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Quad
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha (IIDX Style) wrote:

Step 1: Remove sucky interface, go back to Max2/Max style
Step 2: TURN OFF THE OTHER BUTTONS DURING GAMEPLAY ON A PAD!
Step 3: Bring back Hot Limit, Boom Boom Dollar, Ba Kkwo, Wa, and some of E-Rotic's stuff.

Step 1 - Agreed
Step 2 - You can do this... disturb.gif Download a modded game patch or Memory card save... but yes... it would be nice to have it as an OPTION.
Step 3 - Kick the Can > Boom Boom Dollar biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Canaduh
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: No Fair! Reply with quote

SlimMonkey3 wrote:
Personally i thiunk its a load of crap, why do they get new pads and all this nice stuff. i have to put up with the crappy 3rd party pad.

And secondly i dont want more ppl getting into ddr. not cool! i wanna be the only good one here. and i dont wanna wait in longer lines to play! i want ppl to crowd behind me and worship me. i want them to worship me like i crap diamonds. and if i have to put up with some bratty 7 yr old kid who thinks hes better then me then hes gonna have another thing comming!and u can say im an attion hog or i show off because i only get to a machine mabey 4 times a yr.

frust.gif That is one of the DUMBEST things i have ever heard!!! I dont even want to infuriate myself getting into why!!! frust.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

47. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: aploge Reply with quote

ok what i meant was ppl can get into ddr. but not health club spandex wearing grandmas and soccer moms.(and the other weird ppl at health clubs)

and of course hippies

i hate hippies
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
JTchinoy
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trupnoi wrote:
___chinoystylez wrote:

i beilieve it is a SVGL 3 joke E10.gif hehehehe Man he lost weight. really wow. i thought it was it E10.gif

*sigh* I'm sadly focusing on Tekken 5 so I'm hardly updated on the last year of what's happened in DDR... Tekken 5 tournament this coming saturday!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Canaduh
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: aploge Reply with quote

SlimMonkey3 wrote:
ok what i meant was ppl can get into ddr. but not health club spandex wearing grandmas and soccer moms.(and the other weird ppl at health clubs)

and of course hippies

i hate hippies

Thank You. That makes a little more sense. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet the goatse man got the way he is in a health club.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Light_373 wrote:
Sinistar wrote:
Is there any other confirmation of the existence of DDR Studio? Press releases, images, et cetera?

We're the people that educate the world about this, so if anything, pics/images are going to be here.

Oh please. Most of the misinformation regarding upcoming DDR releases starts right here. You can't blame me for wanting corroborating information.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
josh loves macho gang
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i may like this. im a lifeguard so i have free accsess to any of the county's gyms and pools.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Light_373
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trupnoi wrote:
i seen it in the TODAY show this morning around 7 AM pacific time and gosh it is horrible! i think that it was just an US EXTREME with a small monitor and two CF pads. E10.gif

That could've just been a showcase of workout mode, or a piece on how popular ddr is in North America.
do_da_cha_cha
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Light_373 wrote:
trupnoi wrote:

That could've just been a showcase of workout mode, or a piece on how popular ddr is in North America.

it might have just been a rerun of the segment they did in the summer about weight loss and getupmove.com...but you said they used CF's and not ignitions....

this is quite a gamble for Konami.....if it does well, good for them....if it flops....there might not be any hope at all for a new arcade mix....so, even if it sucks, we have to support it :-)

http://www.thisipodnanoisfree.com/?r=3910
Free ipod nano! All Free, Non-CC offers
Paying $3 paypal for signups...PM me :-)
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: DDR Studio Reply with quote

Thinner Mr. Wendell wrote:
The interface looks nothing like Extreme. If anything, the graphics are more of a throwback to the 30 FPS (or whatever it was for DDR 1st - 4th Mix+) --

So.... the songwheel is horizontal and the banners are in the center of the screen? Isn't that what Extreme USA looks like? (And 4th's interface was very different from 3rd, so you've confused me.)

Thinner Mr. Wendell wrote:
Konami's being a real dick about videos/stills. I'm still nagging Jason to hook up even a press release from Konami Tokyo Sports. My dig-cam was dead that day. frown.gif

nag nag nag. E1.gif (Unless the nagging just makes people angry, then nevermind.)
View users profile Send private message
Light_373
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're the fans of ddr, we must stand by konami.......
greatsayaman
Basic Member
Basic Member

57. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

up to eight players? Does that mean I have to deal with more annoying people at once? Or will that just make the line go faster?

It sounds interesting, and I'm sure that I will at least try it when it comes out, but for Konami to take our favorite game and take it in a new direction is seriously scaring me! I just want to step to all my favorite songs without having to put extra effort into getting it (ex: Getting Imports, modding, dealing with my wife's slow computer).

Though I do give Konami a pat on the back for trying! Good job guys! disgust.gif
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Rychan
Contributor
Contributor

58. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: No Fair! Reply with quote

SlimMonkey3 wrote:

And secondly i dont want more ppl getting into ddr. not cool! i wanna be the only good one here. and i dont wanna wait in longer lines to play! i want ppl to crowd behind me and worship me. i want them to worship me like i crap diamonds. and if i have to put up with some bratty 7 yr old kid who thinks hes better then me then hes gonna have another thing comming!and u can say im an attion hog or i show off because i only get to a machine mabey 4 times a yr.

]I think someone is a little selfish and seems to have a bit of an inflated head and for the way that you come off, why would you even want to know if someone else in Georgia plays? You make it sound like you should be the only one.

Personally, I don't mind how many people end up playing DDR, the community has grown greatly since I started to play. The part that bothers me more than anything is the amount of ignorance and sometimes plain stupidity that exists.

Me? I'm looking to introduce DDR into a physical therapy setting. I'm not sure how well it is going to work, but I have high hopes and a very excited therapist that I'm working with. So, sorry SlimMonkey3, but there are going to be gimpy, usually older people that are going to start playing in my area while working on increasing their ability to move and recover from an injury and move on with their lives.

The "poster child" or test subject for this is going to be a 56 year old woman, a really good friend of mine, with a mental disability due to the carelessness of the high school I graduated from. She has always loved to watch me play DDR for her and told me how much she would love to play for herself if she had the ability.
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eric. wrote:
We don't fucking care about this, Konami. Where is our new Arcade mix?

WOOOAAA!!! erm.gif Calm the hell down!!!! Why don't you try talking it to them in a calm manner and explain more instead of blowing the hell up at them and being rash disturb.gif ... Dear Lord in heaven help this person sarc.gif

Big no-no against Konami and DDR community... it definetly demeans yourself nono.gif

Aside from that, i do think that is a great idea. Not only will DDR "freaks" (as well as myself E15.gif ) still have the comfort of playing regular DDR in the arcades, but soon they will try DDR with even more of a challenge... definetly a good thing, in my opinion nerd.gif

*Formerly known as That DDR guy at Gr. Lakes*
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: