Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Foam Pad Problems

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superfanthony
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Foam Pad Problems Reply with quote

Sorry to all the mods for posting this in the wrong forum originally! erm.gif

I bought this pad, becuase my soft pad crapped out on me pretty quickly once I moved up to standard mode. I thought that my sticky, non-responsive arrow problems were a thing of the past...well, after 1 month of moderate use and very good care, I am essentially without a left arrow.

Im trying to determine why this thing is suddenly crapping out. The way I see it, it has to be 1 of 3 things:

1) It is a cheap piece of crap.
2) It is a quality item, I just happaned to get a defective one.
3) Folding it up 1 time and putting it into the carrying case that it was shipped in ruined it.

My money is on number 1. I have emailed the company that I purchased it from...suprise suprise, no reply, so basically I want to know if any of you have a pad like this one and experienced the same problem with it.

Also, is there a remedy for sticky arrows? I tore apart my soft pad to try and fix it and see how it worked. Seems like when the spongey-foam material that seperates the sensors wears real thin, it creases or develops a hole and the sensors are constantly touching. Im assuming that the foam pads have a similar design, but how could it have worn thin so quickly???

P.S. If I had the money to buy a Red Octane Ignition pad...I would...but I am saving for a wedding. E2.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
fitza
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well first if it was the folding it would only be a cause if it was foled along a sensor.... if thats the case then thats your reason

and i dont think you should be sad if you are saving up for a wedding.. unless its not your then i could see why

ONLY YOU , HARD, AA
CAPTIAN JACK, STANDARD, AA
PARNOIA 190 DIRTY MIX, STANDARD, AAA
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
superfanthony
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sad about saving for the wedding, just sad that I cant afford to buy a ton of crap that I dont actually need!

Anyway, I folded it up the one time, and I folded it back up the same way that it was folded when it was shipped, so I assumed that it wouldnt be a problem. That was also a long time ago...the sticky problem is the past week or so.

Most of all, I am just sad that I cant play for more than a few minutes before my steps dont register.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
wathomas777
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is cheap foam, and you have an "ignition" style pad (zipper with foam insert), you can buy authentic Red Octane Foam from their website for a very reasonable $10.00 per pad plus shipping.

I bought some "cheap" third party ignition pads for the x-box and it had cheap foam in it. I replaced the foam, and it works great. The pad's themselves are pretty nice but the foam was too soft and would deform too easily.

If you have a foam insert pad, it's likely that the RO foam will fit inside. Mine was a perfect match.

Might be an option.
View users profile Send private message
superfanthony
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have taken things like hard cardboard and paneling and stuck it underneath the sticky arrow to try and give it a little more support. It works better, but after a little while, it goes back to sticking. frown.gif
steve771
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had bought two BNS pads. I liked the thicker foam and it seemed (at first) to solve the problem of steps not registering. Then, the one pad wouldn't register the left step. So I tore it apart and found that the insulating material between the contacts had bunched up. In trying to repair it, I tore one of the traces. Ruined.

The second pad seems to work fine, but now, I think the foam depresses and doesn't rebound like it should.

Bottom line... I'm building a pad or two. I can do AT LEAST as good as these schmoes do!
View users profile Send private message
MrElussive
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to start a topic along these lines. I purchased two foam pads and the DDR Extreme game (off eBay, in a package deal) and it came in the mail yesterday. My problem is that sometimes the arrows do not register when I press them - the problem seems to only occur when the songs require a lot of arrows. I would accept it if I am just flat out missing the arrows, but my brother and I both randomly get a "miss" on too many arrows when we did clearly step on the arrow(s) at the proper timing. I think the pad has a certain "lag" to it when the game mode difficulty is anything above Beginner.
I think I am going to purchase a pair of metal pads if the pads are just holding us back too much.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: