Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Trick bar use...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devon
Trick Member
Trick Member

520. PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(T-GOMP)Brooklyn wrote:
I use the bar 24/7 and I'm proud of it. I don't have to. I can do I'm pretty sure all old 10's without the bar but I just like it because it helps with stomping.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
FwAnkY Bouy
Trick Member
Trick Member

521. PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is so much fun, you have the: I suck at ddr bar rapists are noobs burn in hell ahahahahahahaha type of guys who are being dissed over and over and..... Then you have the you pay you play mentality wich is acording to me the mentality to have and you have the i use the bar and i am proud of it type of guy who disses anti bar guys over and over and....

I play with the bar but it doesn't mean i can't play without it, espacially to play hand in hand E15.gif To play ITG, you almost need to use the bar to get to a competitive level. But a few of us want to go that far.

Edit: Sorry I am preety late, i haven't checked this topic in a while. Travelsonic, I put these people in the you pay you play category. Usually, when you are so good without the bar, you won't piss off everyone about how using the bar is the most horrible thing you could do in your life.

Last edited by FwAnkY Bouy on Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

522. PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FwAnkY Bouy wrote:
This topic is so much fun, you have the: I suck at ddr bar rapists are noobs burn in hell ahahahahahahaha type of guys who are being dissed over and over and..... Then you have the you pay you play mentality wich is acording to me the mentality to have and you have the i use the bar and i am proud of it type of guy who disses anti bar guys over and over and....

You forgot the "I am good and I don't the use the bar so pooh pooh" crod.

You can't selectively leave out groups of people, especially this one since it is the most obnoxious from experience.
Conquistador
Trick Member
Trick Member

523. PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUNKiSS DROP wrote:
I NEVER USED THE BAR, and I don'T plan on using it either, except when I'll try tricks...

WELL GOOD FOR YOU..........

anyways, i use the bar all time...why? do you ask well...

1. it helps me save energy/stamina
2. i think i look goofy as hell playing without it
3. it makes my PA better
4. because its there

its not the fact that i CANT do songs no bar its just that i choose not to and i bet 99% out there can play without using the bar as well but they choose to cause they want to how the hell are you gonna sit there and say its cheating when the person is hitting the arrows just with their feet just as you are? next thing you know people are gonna start being geeks about it and say using the bar is "HAXORZ". People just need to drop this subject and go back to playing ddr for god sakes....
forbesb
Trick Member
Trick Member

524. PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha oh man if I ever bought a ddr machine i'd somehow run electricity through the bar and so anyone who touched it would get shocked. so you could only use it to place your jackets on it E1.gif either that or cut off the bar. 10footers no bar ftw!!
taking the time we will find our way
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

525. PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forbesb wrote:
haha oh man if I ever bought a ddr machine i'd somehow run electricity through the bar and so anyone who touched it would get shocked.

I'd wear thick rubber gloves, so the electricity wouldn't affect me. riiight.gif
FwAnkY Bouy
Trick Member
Trick Member

526. PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forbesb wrote:
haha oh man if I ever bought a ddr machine i'd somehow run electricity through the bar and so anyone who touched it would get shocked. so you could only use it to place your jackets on it E1.gif either that or cut off the bar. 10footers no bar ftw!!

Yeah and after you would get mudered by players at your arcade that actully use the bar. I still don't get why playing with the bar is such a big debate. It is so obvious that if you take the best bar and the best nobar players in the world, the bar one would win.
forbesb
Trick Member
Trick Member

527. PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would they? if you took the best bar and best no bar players in the world then technically they'd all be AAAing everything in which case your point is negated. Therefore if scores are equal who do you call the better player?
taking the time we will find our way
FwAnkY Bouy
Trick Member
Trick Member

528. PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forbesb wrote:
would they? if you took the best bar and best no bar players in the world then technically they'd all be AAAing everything in which case your point is negated. Therefore if scores are equal who do you call the better player?

And that is why you bring the whole thing to the next level wich is In The Groove and then the winner will be clear. So yeah basicly my point isn't negated.
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

529. PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FwAnkY Bouy wrote:
forbesb wrote:

And that is why you bring the whole thing to the next level wich is In The Groove and then the winner will be clear. So yeah basicly my point isn't negated.

Ah, but we were talking specifically about DDR, SuperNova in this case, so the point isn't un-negated.
sheep
Trick Member
Trick Member

530. PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topic is trick bar use, that obviously applies to all dancing games, I don't care if this is in a DDR forum. The best no bar player will be **'ing and ***'ing 13's and 14's (if we include R21), while the best no-bar player might pass Pandy with a 75-80%. There is really no contest about which technique produces better results at a higher level, and you're going to need a very strong argument to prove your point in the face of all evidence.
Stumbleine
Basic Member
Basic Member

531. PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquistador wrote:
SUNKiSS DROP wrote:
I NEVER USED THE BAR, and I don'T plan on using it either, except when I'll try tricks...

3. it makes my PA better
4. because its there

its not the fact that i CANT do songs no bar its just that i choose not to and i bet 99% out there can play without using the bar as well but they choose to cause they want to how the hell are you gonna sit there and say its cheating when the person is hitting the arrows just with their feet just as you are? next thing you know people are gonna start being geeks about it and say using the bar is "HAXORZ". People just need to drop this subject and go back to playing ddr for god sakes....

Well spoken.
neodude237
Trick Member
Trick Member

532. PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumbleine wrote:
Conquistador wrote:
SUNKiSS DROP wrote:

3. it makes my PA better
4. because its there

Well spoken.

Agreed. I also weight very little, and it helps me hit the arrows better...
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

533. PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop quote treeing unless you're going to actually add something valuable to the thread.
Trick Member
Trick Member

534. PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the bar on Light difficulty is pretty stupid, cause the steps are easy, and there is like no Chaos. I used to use the bar on Light for some reason, then I finally stopped. Sure, the bar is useful and nesessary on Heavy, but not on Light. I did Love Shine Light with the bar, and I suddenly realized "Why am I using the bar?". I agree with you E1.gif
HeavyD2
Trick Member
Trick Member

535. PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquistador wrote:

3. it makes my PA better
4. because its there

If anything using the bar makes my PA worse. This is probably because the reason I use the bar on a 10 or hard 9 is to allow me to last longer, by not putting my full weight on each arrow thereby taking less energy for each step. With less weight on each arrow though, the timing of when I land on each arrow and when each arrow registers may get thrown off a bit, thus more Greats. Certainly if I try to bar-rape something easy then my PA gets worse - so no bar for me if I'm going to try to get a AAA!
devosbi
Trick Member
Trick Member

536. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally its just the way you learn.

I started playing on a soft pad, and i rarely use the bar, only for fast streams or nasty jumps. But if you are learning in the arcade you probably use it because its there, even if it does stunt your performance.
Dramore
Trick Member
Trick Member

537. PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devosbi wrote:
Generally its just the way you learn.

I started playing on a soft pad, and i rarely use the bar, only for fast streams or nasty jumps. But if you are learning in the arcade you probably use it because its there, even if it does stunt your performance.

I, also, started on soft pads. I refuse to use the bar...I think it makes the dancing style look tacky, but then I learned with overly-excentric friends that would eventually full combo, while doing ridiculous step patterns (like double steps that aren't necessary). But, that's my opinion.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

538. PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherl0k put it beautifully in the gameplay forum:

Quote:
Let me break this down for you all very simply. You hold onto the bar, you make playing the game easier. That's all there is to it. End of discussion.
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

539. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm relatively new to Dance Dance Revolution -- I first tried it (for a console) less than two years ago, and I first tried an arcade machine 13 days ago. I thought the depressions on my home metal pad initially hindered my performance, but the arcade pad turned out to be worse -- I scored B's on a six-footer and a five-footer on difficult when I probably could have made at least A's on my home games. I decided to try a seven-footer on heavy -- Dr. Love -- for my last song. Since I didn't do well on the previous two songs (Brilliant R.E.D. and Da Capo), I decided to try the bar. After reading people's posts about how the bar shouldn't be necessary for anything less than eight or nine feet here, I was wondering if I did something wrong shocked.gif If the only consequence of using the bar is looking bad, I suppose we all ought to learn to accept that some people are not as skilled as others for whatever reason without looking down on them. I once was disappointed with my dad using a map on a video game instead of figuring out the area for himself.

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: