Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Classical Music for DDR and Such..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu_Hirakashi wrote:
I'm sorry, but don't even try to compare classical music with this garbage. It only wants to be classical music, but that it can never be. I'm severely insulted that people would even dare to put classical and techno in the same sentence.

But say what you people want. Most of you would cower before the complexity of any classical piece if there were any in any DDR mix.

Hirakashi Ryu

I see what you are saying, but there is no reason to flame about it. nobody here said that NAOKI makes Mozart look like a douche....we're just a bunch of guys stepping on arrows; the songs needed to be remixed in order to be practical for ddr. I'm sorry if you feel that using classical music and modifying it to our tastes downgrades and insults it.
On the other hand, I dont think that calling remixed classical pieces "classical techno" makes any sense. when you think about it, its an oxymoron.
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah; forgot about Dream a Dream. But it's actually from a piece called In the Hall of the Mountain King from Edvard Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite #1. E1.gif

I just love Captain Jack's remixes; don't you?
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Captain Jack songs I've heard/played have been Captain Jack, Dream A Dream, Drill Instructor, and that other one of his songs in DDRMAX 2, the US version.

Thanks goes out to Fizzywix.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
THE CAPS LOCK on
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AuntieM wrote:
Hi folks. I'm sure 321 Stars has a variation on some theme. My husband, who knows everything about classical music, or at least believes he does, says I'm thinking of Pachelbel (sic?) but denies that this tiny secondary theme comes from his work.

pump it up has an remix of Pachelbel's Canon. i dont know if 321 Stars is inspired by classical music.
View users profile Send private message
ColorOfSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

321 Stars actually sounds a little bit like Pachelbel's lesser known piece called "Gigue in D".

[historylesson]Gigue is actually the other part to Canon in D. It's not really known at ALL now, because Canon overshadows it. But at the end of the song "Canon", the song goes into a short Coda entitled "Gigue in D". Gigue is about a minute and a half long, and is a very upbeat song. Pachelbel initially thought Gigue was going to be the more popular of his pieces and was going to be the song to make him famous. Well, more people liked Canon instead of Gigue. So Canon became the song that made him famous, and Gigue just kinda fell off the map.[/historylesson]
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I would love to hear the bit you're talking about so I can test my theory.
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Auntie, are you like a music major or something? 'Cuz you seem to know a lot about el moosiqo.

Oh, and I did some research on the names for revved-up classical, but all I got for "Classical Techno" is really old techno music. Like music that started the techno genre.

EDIT: The "Classical Techno" genre on the digitally imported website I posted is just that, really old techno.

AuntieM
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SetsunaKira7 wrote:
Hey Auntie, are you like a music major or something? 'Cuz you seem to know a lot about el moosiqo.

Sadly enough, I have learned just about everything I know from my husband of 13 years, who is a musician as well as a physician. I can also diagnose major ailments and recommend appropriate anesthesia! laugh.gif

Impressive that I sound like a music major. Wait til I try to impersonate a doctor...
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AuntieM wrote:
SetsunaKira7 wrote:

Sadly enough, I have learned just about everything I know from my husband of 13 years, who is a musician as well as a physician. I can also diagnose major ailments and recommend appropriate anesthesia! laugh.gif

Impressive that I sound like a music major. Wait til I try to impersonate a doctor...

Well......I have this pain in my lower back region........

Wow, not going there laugh.gif

AuntieM
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brief diversion and then I promise to stay on topic -

seriously; my husband broke his butt from too much running!
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu_Hirakashi wrote:
I'm sorry, but don't even try to compare classical music with this garbage. It only wants to be classical music, but that it can never be. I'm severely insulted that people would even dare to put classical and techno in the same sentence.

But say what you people want. Most of you would cower before the complexity of any classical piece if there were any in any DDR mix.

Hirakashi Ryu

I love it when people say things like this. Why you ask? This is the stance people had of this music when it was first put out. That's right people said Bach's music was trash, Vivaldi was a maniac, Mozart was very racey for his time and his music considered garbage for it's time by the "elite" in society.
On topic the remixes would be considered technically variations or neo- whatever era the music came from. Commercially, I have no idea what it would be call though. Also, I think parts of Stravinsky's Rite of Spring would work without remix at all. Great peice!
Are there any home mixes that have speed over beethoven in them? I'd like to hear it even though I'm sick of Fur Elise
sorry for my rambling
SetsunaKira7
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I like Fur Elise............but I like Speed Over Beethoven more. Anyone know any other CDs similar to Classical Speed v. 1 and 2? I really don't wanna pay that much money, especially over the internet.

So what if I shelter myself?

laurentitis
Basic Member
Basic Member

52. PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Help Me! Reply with quote

can ne1 tell me what the classical music is in the background of the ddr song dreama dream?? i've been searching for it forever and i cant find it. some1 told me mozart but no luck. so if you have the name or artist or both PLEASE HELP!
View users profile Send private message
Barbaloot
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Hall of the Mountain King. There was just a thread about this that wasn't over 15 months old, however.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: