Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Classical Music for DDR and Such..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tSlater
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu_Hirakashi wrote:
I'm sorry, but don't even try to compare classical music with this garbage. It only wants to be classical music, but that it can never be. I'm severely insulted that people would even dare to put classical and techno in the same sentence.

But say what you people want. Most of you would cower before the complexity of any classical piece if there were any in any DDR mix.

Hirakashi Ryu

I have a few simfiles which are straight classical pieces and I enjoy them, and no I do not cower at their complexity. I enjoy the techno/classical songs as well as the straight classical song, it's just a matter of taste. Doesn't mean you I can't use the same two words in the same sentence. <<
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sir Smeagollum
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I hope to see some certain songs as dwis or sms, particularly Mendelssohn's concerto in e minor or bach double(couples, with the two parts) or something like that would be cool

We only wish
To catch a FISH
So juicy sweeeet!!!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
armybottom
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as songs that need to be classically remixed, I have but two words. 1812 Overture.

Come on, any song with cannons in it is the best ever!!!
View users profile Send private message
AuntieM
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1812 Overture! I haven't thought of that one! The cannons... I can hear them now! What would the steps be?
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if they put classical songs in the ddr games.... wow, that would be horrible, the step patterns would be:
start

->

<-

end.

DDRguyKAOS
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best DDR songs are the classical remixes like V and Kakumei ^^
AuntieM
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheFalconMage wrote:
what if they put classical songs in the ddr games.... wow, that would be horrible, the step patterns would be:
start

->

<-

end.

Wow. Have you been following this thread? Because we've been talking about the classical music that is already in DDR. In terms of number of steps, at my light level End of the Century has virtually no rests between steps. The theme it incorporates is probably one of the most powerful and well-known in all classical music.
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cough* any1 know where to find sheet music for abyss? Im looking for it and cant seem to find it anywhere!
Ruby *the psychic vixen*
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there even sheet music for abyss?
'Ivan
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Fraid not, because it's a Konami Original. No one bothered to write the music out...but it's not too hard to learn by ear.

If you end up joining, put "ThreeLeafIvy" in the referrer box, will ya? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SetsunaKira7
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump this topic but I was wondering if this genre of music (songs such as Kakumei, V, A, and Speed Over Beethoven) has an actual name. Not just "Revved-Up Classical music"

P.S.- Mods don't hate on me

Thanks goes out to Fizzywix.
AuntieM
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SetsunaKira7 wrote:
Sorry to bump this topic but I was wondering if this genre of music (songs such as Kakumei, V, A, and Speed Over Beethoven) has an actual name. Not just "Revved-Up Classical music"

P.S.- Mods don't hate on me

That's a really good question. I don't think it's off topic. You know, I'd really like to talk to the Konami guys who make this music and ask them questions about it. Has anyone ever tried emailing them or anything? Maybe I could finally find out if they tried to incorporate those couple of measures from Pachabel's Canon in 321 Stars or if that's just my imagination...
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the official Konami site and got scared off by the jibberish (I don't have the different language stuff installed). So if anyone is willing to pitch in some more info on "Revved-Up Classical", please do.

P.S.- "Oh my god! It's like Beethoven was on crack!"

^^^My friend Steven talking about Speed Over Beethoven. I did this whole "Classical Run" of songs when he went with me to play, the songs were Kakumei, Speed Over Beethoven, and then A. He was freaked out. laugh.gif

Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, how'd I miss this thread before? Anyway, in terms of a genre for these songs, I've heard the term "classical techno" tossed around on ocassion in reference to stuff like V, A, Kakumei, etc. Whether this is official or something someone made up off the top of their head, though, I don't know. I went to Konami's IIDX page to see what they say, and it's not much. V is "progressive", Kakumei is "orchestral", and A is "renaissance". Well, so much for that. o_O 321 Stars doesn't list anything about a classical base, all they have for its genre is "techno pop". .59, meanwhile, is "chill-out" which I think is the same genre as DJ Simon's Air. Well, in other words, Konami isn't much help here. laugh.gif
-Derek-
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, besides what everyone else has mentioned, if you really want more classical music remixes check out the Classical Speed volume 1 and 2 from Dancemania series. Both of them have classical songs remixed to be....well, more speedy. laugh.gif

I don't own them, but I have heard they are decent, but not amazing...i think the songs are a little short (probably only a little bit longer than normal DDR songs), but its one of the few CDs I've found that is entirely classical remixes.

They are imports, so they might be a little bit more expensive than a normal cd, but I just searched froogle and there are a few places that are selling them. You might try amazon.com as well.

getting what you want is easy; knowing what you want is the challenge
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
FireEmblem62
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant belive no one has said anything about Speed Over Beethoven, i mena, its Fur Elise(sp) awesomeized, considering i can play that song on the piano
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
AuntieM
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FireEmblem62 wrote:
i cant belive no one has said anything about Speed Over Beethoven, i mena, its Fur Elise(sp) awesomeized, considering i can play that song on the piano

Check the very first post.
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe "V" is Four seasons by Vivaldi. I'm pretty sure "A" is an original song. Kakumei is Japanese for "revolution" which is an actual song, but the composer's name eludes me. Speed over Bethoven and EOTC are both remakes, obviously. Can't think of anymore classical renditions...
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Derek- wrote:
Well, besides what everyone else has mentioned, if you really want more classical music remixes check out the Classical Speed volume 1 and 2 from Dancemania series. Both of them have classical songs remixed to be....well, more speedy. laugh.gif

I don't own them, but I have heard they are decent, but not amazing...i think the songs are a little short (probably only a little bit longer than normal DDR songs), but its one of the few CDs I've found that is entirely classical remixes.

They are imports, so they might be a little bit more expensive than a normal cd, but I just searched froogle and there are a few places that are selling them. You might try amazon.com as well.

AWESOMES!!!!!!!! Good thing Christmas is coming up....

And yeah, I think Konami just tried to make up as many genres as they could. I'll search "classical-techno", "progressive", and that other one on Google, maybe something will show up

*crosses fingers*

EDIT: shocked.gif shocked.gif shocked.gif CHECK THIS OUT -> http://www.di.fm/classictechno/

drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif
Althought it's alot different from the "Classical Techno" in DDR
blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

parlo
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try dream a dream stupids ;] - remix of a beethoven symphany, theres also other techno with that same song remixed like trance and rave music - good stuff
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: