Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

poll on newbies... (this isnt to poke at nooBs...)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeebus E>
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only noobs i'd torture are the stuck up ones... the ones that ask ME if i'm "sure i wanna do that on heavy?" when selecting HVAM... yeah... so we make a bet... if they win, i give them $400... but if I WIN, then i put my cigar out in their eye (and i don't even smoke... laugh.gif ) and i always win against teh noobs... so if you meet a noob w/ an eyepatch, it's probably my doing E13.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

21. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Resident Lune"]
Hey, to be frank, I'd rather wait through 3 songs (or less if they fail) instead of sitting on my ass and watching as a real good player decides to hop on the machine and choose something like "World Tour", let alone make it to the Extra Stage. disgust.gif I make a habit of playing most of my Onis when no one is around so as not to get in the way of other's wanting to play, unless it's just Naoki Neo or another 5-song course.

So true, so true, even if I am still a bit of a nooB myself(haven't passes any catas yet...) happy.gif I remember waiting forever for some guy to finish "World Tour", and finally getting to play after he quit when he got 1 good happy.gif Oh well, if I am playing with someone tho, I'll usually let them pick the songs 'couse I like variety. It seems though, to many people wh don't play DDR, to think doing any song over a 5 foot is amazing even if it's just Luv To me on Trick...interesting, neh?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SINnamon flavored Jeebus wrote:
the only noobs i'd torture are the stuck up ones... the ones that ask ME if i'm "sure i wanna do that on heavy?" when selecting HVAM... yeah... so we make a bet... if they win, i give them $400... but if I WIN, then i put my cigar out in their eye (and i don't even smoke... laugh.gif ) and i always win against teh noobs... so if you meet a noob w/ an eyepatch, it's probably my doing E13.gif

Great idea, lol.....that will show them!! E15.gif
View users profile Send private message
RadMooseKiller
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would probably make them suffer lol. unless it was one of my friends.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
[Do V] muffin
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onetwolittleb wrote:
I don't play anything hard until they've play enough, seen enough to get the chance to be addicted. Remember, the more people play DDR, the more arcades buy DDR, the more konami has insentive to not let it die, even if it's only for the home game at this point. And if it does die, the bigger the community the more likely there will be something to keep it going fresh.

The only reason to be hostile to new players is if you are so insecure you have to take that petty piece of insecurity. Or, if you just want the arcade machine to yourself before it goes away because it's not bringing in enough money.

Very well said.

I am very noob-friendly. If I'm playing with a noob and he/she wants to play 1,2,3,4,007, I'll play it with them, I don't mind.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: getting killed by rubber ducks in Silversurfer (NES)
25. PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I play with "newbies", I usually let them pick the song so I don't have to worry about being hard on them. They usually dunno what to pick, so they let me. I'll usually stop at a song, them ask them if it is okay before I press the green button.
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind n00bs except when they play the same 3 songs over and over and over again.Every game.
Rated #177 Vjarmy IIDX player!AWESOME!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Overblast!!
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hat newbies they come up to the bar and ask me how I can move my feet that fast in the middle of a song and they are usually hard songs. I hate kids that waste time by playing ddr and not even steping on the arrows disgust.gif
Weepy
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i made this thread last year. why was it smart to necro-post it? blink.gif
sorry, it just popped up in my email.
but arent there newer threads with better topics around the top of the ocean?
Verified
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh... these topics are fun...

I usually help n00bs. except two times.

Little kid wanted to play, when me and my GF wanted to play, she said he could, I was mad. I got to pick the songs, so, to make him leave, they were MAX 300, MaxX Unlimited, adn LoM.

The other time was when I stepped into the arcade and saw two girls playing beginner mode and failing miserably. The last song they picked was LoM on beginner. MY and my friends were cracking up. Then, when they failed that song, one of them said, "hey I think the arrows go to the music."

My laughter turned to tears...
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newbies at my arcade are friendly for the most part. I only met 1 that was stuck-up but he didn't say things to me since I aws doing 10 footers but to the other standard players. Whenever I play with another newbie he/she almost always lets me pick the songs. There are some too that pick one than I pick one and than they pick one again but for the msot part they are cool with anything. Some of them ask me if this song is reallllyyy hard. I just tell them that it's not since they are on beginner. Of course I never do any 10 footers with newbies on the other pad riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Biske/Biskat__TBM
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If some kids can't figure it out, or they go ahead and do the first song that pops up (Abyss, on 5th mix which is a 2 footer) I'll step in and guide a bit, explain the foot-rating system etc. I'll help when it's necessary.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Naroznick
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RadMooseKiller wrote:
i would probably make them suffer lol. unless it was one of my friends.

Lol. Im Exactly Opposite. I Make My Friends Suffer biggrin.gif

As For The New Dancers, It Depends on their Attitude And How Badly The Stomping The Hell Out Of The Machine. If They Are Good About Not Knowing Whats Going On, I Usually Help Them Out, Give Them Pointers On Positioning And Timing. Stuff Like That. If they Are Getting Pissed off At It I Usually Say Screw It And Watch And Laugh.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
skrimp_87
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends. If it is a guy. I give them max300.
If its a female I give them butterfly.
Os
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to teach newbies. I do teaching good. much better than grammar stuffs. E19.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Neemo
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: yeah... Reply with quote

derrangedyoshi wrote:
i hate jerks who dont give nooBs a chance at ddr
derrangedyoshi wrote:
derrangedyoshi wrote:

I'm sorry to bother. But am I the only one who sees the recent increase in TRIPLE F*****G POSTINGS?!

I am PHREKWENCI'S Number 1 PHAN!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Kuriin
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play the same songs over and over when I play (I'm not some fanatical ddr player, I enjoy the songs I play):

Legend of Max
Sakura
Breakdown
MaxX Unlimited
Daikenkai (I guess)
Dam Dariram
But you can't even hear me screaming.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Atomsk255
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, Well first I would give them Freckles, then Colors, then Cartoon Heros, and finally to wipe them out at the last minute Sakura, Dead End or Drop Out NW260 thats on a bad day

On a good day

Freckles, Colors, Cartoon Heros, Dynamite Rave

If they don't get it I still go with the first song

Freckles, Abyss (beginner probably) Speed over Beethoven, and if theyre ready Frozen ray on light.

Forgot to mention, this one guy who stole my girlfriend, he decided to play while I was up, so I decided, heh heh heh, and the following dialouge happened when we were on the first stage

Me: (flips to Legend of Max)
Me: (motions for my ex/his girlfriend to come up and dance with him, I had it on standard because I can't pass it on heavy unforunately)
Me: this song is REALLY easy, i think you can pass it on standard, I mean a guy like you?
Him: (in an idiotic voice) sure (I switch it for him to standard)
Me: (without giving my ex a choice) (presses the button)
Me: (VERY LOUD LAUGHING)
View users profile Send private message
uouuɐ
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't poke. i got poked once as a n00b, the guy i played was on heavy and he got extra stage, so just for kicks he picked bag.
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my DDR partner is on maniac, so he just chose the songs he could pass and threw me on the pad with him on basic, so I am really good for my experience... my nest friend did the same thing
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: