Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Improving your DDR skills
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murallie
Basic Member
Basic Member

1080. PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: One-legged DDR-er Reply with quote

Umm, hi. I'm new here. To be honest, I never really thought about playing DDR seriously until now. I have a physical thing; my left leg is 3-4 inches and my balance is kind off but, I hope to try and get better at dance dance revolution. Is there anyone who can give me tips on anything, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.
View users profile Send private message
johnpeter
Basic Member
Basic Member

1081. PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this forum also i never understand...........
Aurora Borealis
Basic Member
Basic Member

1082. PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an off-and-on DDR player, and while the songs I can play depend on what shape I'm in (the best I've ever done was pass Maxx Unlimited, not too impressive, I know), but the constant obstacle that prevents me from improving is that I just can't read the faster charts. Legend of Max is about the best I can do. I can't get through PSMO, and the Fascination and Pluto songs...And speeding songs up usually makes it worse, I usually do better with notes that aren't as spread out.
Any tips specifically on how to improve reading ability?
chennymountain
Trick Member
Trick Member

1083. PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurora Borealis wrote:
I'm an off-and-on DDR player, and while the songs I can play depend on what shape I'm in (the best I've ever done was pass Maxx Unlimited, not too impressive, I know), but the constant obstacle that prevents me from improving is that I just can't read the faster charts. Legend of Max is about the best I can do. I can't get through PSMO, and the Fascination and Pluto songs...And speeding songs up usually makes it worse, I usually do better with notes that aren't as spread out.
Any tips specifically on how to improve reading ability?

Ok, PSMO is slower than LOM. Pluto goes at the most like 200. Pluto Relinquish goes about 300. The 600 parts have no steps. If you can pass 300 songs then try stuff like Healing D Vision on superNOVA and Pandemonium (if you play ITG). Just look for stuff that's a little over 300 and work on that. Then try FELM. It leads into the 400 parts more than FAXX.

NIQ9
Trick Member
Trick Member

1084. PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lol'd

Pluto = 220 BPM
PSM = 290 BPM
Pandemonium = 330 BPM
The legend of max = 333 BPM
Healing-D-Vision = 360 BPM
Pluto Relinquish = 400 BPM
FELM = 400 BPM
888 = 444 BPM (the fastest notes in any official chart)
Basic Member
Basic Member

1085. PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I guess I'll get working on that. I think the reason I find PSM harder than Legend of Max is because of how dense PSM is, despite its slower speed. At those higher speeds, I obviously can't read every single step so I read them as recognizable patterns (like left down left or right down left), so when all sorts of patterns get thrown at me, I blank out. Thanks for the tips.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55
Page 55 of 55

Jump to: