Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Should i buy an xbox?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
px
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Should i buy an xbox? Reply with quote

I quit playing videogames this year except DDR. I'm wondering if its worth it to buy an xbox so i can play ddruniverse and other ddr games for it etc. do you think itll be worth it? how are the songs?
View users profile Send private message
Z.ack
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Universe is for the 360. I don't really think you should get it JUST for the Xbox DDRs. If you have a ps2, then just get the DDRs for those or just play them if you already have them.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just play the Ultramix/universe songs on Stepmania
It's a lot cheaper XD
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the DDRs are the only games you have interest in, just go with Nick's StepMania idea and don't bother getting a 360. However, if you're eyeballing other games as well as DDR, I definitely recommend the 360. It's a great system with awesome games.
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Should i buy an xbox? Reply with quote

px wrote:
I quit playing videogames this year except DDR. I'm wondering if its worth it to buy an xbox so i can play ddruniverse and other ddr games for it etc. do you think itll be worth it? how are the songs?

We did exactly that. We bought the "Arcade" XBOX 360 and DDR Universe 2. I don't plan on buying other games. I happen to like having this standalone system for myself and my wife. It makes for a good workout and the multiple options of the game are neat. The 256 MG memory chip is more than enough for our needs.

I have two complaints with the DDR Universe 2:
1. I could not find a second dance pad compatible with the XBOX 360. So I ended up buying DDR a second time...
2. Lack of documentation. The little booklet that comes with the game is pretty useless.

One last thing: If DDR was available on the PS3, then I would have purchased that system instead so I could also have the blue-ray technology.

Off topic: If someone has a good game to suggest, other than the DOOM style games which seem very popular, than I would be interested in hearing those opinions...
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Should i buy an xbox? Reply with quote

agraco wrote:
1. I could not find a second dance pad compatible with the XBOX 360. So I ended up buying DDR a second time...

Do you mean you bought Universe 2 again or you about another version (Universe 1)? Because you should have done the latter of the two.
px
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait... i was reffering to the original xbox.got mixed up. i don't have my own computer or a dance pad for it. IIRC there are 4 ddr games for the xbox(ultramix-1-4) so I guess 4 games is enough to buy the console.

I have supernova, supernova 2 and max.
eh.. maybe ill wait till the xbox becomes 20$ lol
maxx freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need your own computer, use the family computer or whatever you have. And if you have a PS2 pad just get a USB adapter for the computer.

Stepmania is the better choice, the Universe and Ultramix 1-4 simfiles are done over at zenius-i-vanisher.com
View users profile Send private message Send email
agraco
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Should i buy an xbox? Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you mean you bought Universe 2 again or you about another version (Universe 1)? Because you should have done the latter of the two.

That is a good observation. We bought "DDR Universe 2" twice in order to get 2 mats.

We consulted several stores to find a second mat and no one picked up on that nuance.

Not that it matters to much I suppose. My wife and I are having a lot of trouble at the "difficult" level and suspect it will take several years before we get to expert. We are actually annoyed at the huge gap in skill required between levels. There is no gradual ramping up between levels and the footmeter is of no help to compare songs.

cheers
DDRSuperStar
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

360 is defently worth it. Universe 1 has some awsome songs on it like Run It, and Everytime We Touch. Universe 2 has a couple but is almost a carbon copy game of Universe 1 as far as Display and Presentation goes.

Xbox 360 soon will release a patch so you can play more of the old xbox games, so then you can get UltraMix 1, 2, and 3

Xbox 360 DDR User
GT - Calvary7
Zukin-Man
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRSuperStar wrote:
Xbox 360 soon will release a patch so you can play more of the old xbox games, so then you can get UltraMix 1, 2, and 3

Source, please.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's already been 3 (4?) BackCompat. patches, and none of them have brought support for Ultramix.

(1) If there will be one, what Howie said: Source please.
(2) Just because they have, doesn't mean they will. 100% backwards compatibility developed in software is high near impossible.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Electrobez
Basic Member
Basic Member

12. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there been any news about backward compadibility and DDR yet? I got the 360 about 6 months ago and always wanted to try DDR, so I got Universe 2, but was so disappointed by the song list. I love 3rd remix's song list and I think the Ultramix's had quite a few songs I liked... hopefully something gets done!
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft stopped backwards compatibility patches months ago.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

px wrote:
wait... i was reffering to the original xbox.got mixed up. i don't have my own computer or a dance pad for it. IIRC there are 4 ddr games for the xbox(ultramix-1-4) so I guess 4 games is enough to buy the console.

I have supernova, supernova 2 and max.
eh.. maybe ill wait till the xbox becomes 20$ lol

px,

For what it's worth, I've got an Xbox and DDR Ultramix 1, DDR Ultramix 3, and DDR Ultramix 4. I recently noticed that Konami is selling brand new DDR Ultramixes at konami.com. Here's the links for each of the versions:

1. With Dance Pad

1. Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix (Family Platinum Hits) with Dance Pad - http://www.konami.com/Konami/ctl3810/cp20103/si1740239/cl1/dance_dance_revolution_ultramix_family_platinum_hits_with_dance_pad
    2. Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 2 with Dance Pad - http://www.konami.com/Konami/ctl3810/cp20103/si1736668/cl1/dance_dance_revolution_ultramix_2_with_dance_pad
    3. Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 3 with Dance Pad - http://www.konami.com/Konami/ctl3810/cp20103/si1587680/cl1/dance_dance_revolution_ultramix_3_with_dance_pad
    4. Dance Dance Revolution ULTRAMIX 4 with Dance Pad - http://www.konami.com/Konami/ctl3810/cp20103/si1740501/cl1/dance_dance_revolution_ultramix_4_with_dance_pad

2. Game Only

1. Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix (Family Platinum Hits) - http://www.konami.com/Konami/ctl3810/cp20103/si1588396/cl1/dance_dance_revolution_ultramix_family_platinum_hits
    2. Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 2 - http://www.konami.com/Konami/ctl3810/cp20103/si1588397/cl1/dance_dance_revolution_ultramix_2
    3. Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 3 - http://www.konami.com/Konami/ctl3810/cp20103/si1587679/cl1/dance_dance_revolution_ultramix_3
    4. Dance Dance Revolution ULTRAMIX 4 - http://www.konami.com/Konami/ctl3810/cp20103/si1740498/cl1/dance_dance_revolution_ultramix_4

crunchewy
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it worth it to pick up a used Xbox (original) in order to play those DDR games, if you already have all the PS2 games? Do they have lots of songs not on the PS2 versions?
Zukin-Man
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

That, or download them for StepMania.
Basic Member
Basic Member

17. PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct!
I must agree,
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
crunchewy
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem with "just downloading" them for Step Mania. There is the grey area of if I were to buy the games, but not an xbox, would I then be OK in playing the songs via Step Mania? I'm not sure about that either. I guess I'm too much of a goody-two-shoes....
jordybb
Basic Member
Basic Member

19. PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: DDR Console Games Reply with quote

ya bro xbox is the worth of buying. there are lot if games on xbox to play. its graphics are best and games run so smoothly without any disturbance ....ya you get songs also here...
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: