Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Beatmania Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Songy
Trick Member
Trick Member

200. PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sephi (is not a girl) wrote:
sorry if this has been said before.... but how do i play the Another remixes, like the ones you can play in Expert mode, but in Hard mode?

It may depend on your local machine but at Power Up the BM:The Final machine requires that you hit the two black keys while in the song select menu.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DJ sephi spin those discs
Trick Member
Trick Member

201. PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope it works in CM2. frown.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

202. PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, to play another on CM2 and 6th/7th mix, First you have to pick hard mode. Than from there, just press the top two black keys.

On Beatmania THE FINAL, its already lay-out in the simplist way possible.
Quote:
normal->hard->another
that's it.
View users profile Send private message
Trick Member
Trick Member

203. PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, thanks for confirming it! biggrin.gif

now i can work on Sparker and TetraQ Another as many times as i want. tongue.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

204. PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really conducive to skill building as to whether or not I put the key display on classic or separate? And did any of you find it difficult at first to hit mixed doubles (white and black at the same time for example)? Our local arcade recently opened and I have been inside before it opened to beat test some of the machines and some of the time was spent building my way into hard/another difficulties on the BM:The Final situated there. And those doubles still get me on a random song since I usually whore the same "Normal" difficulty songs over and over again. Miracle moon, twinbee, something new as third, and hell scaper/super highway as last. I play one handed on 1-5 star but I need to two hand hell scaper and other higher difficulties.
SPF5.DannyBoy
Trick Member
Trick Member

205. PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it really conducive to skill building as to whether or not I put the key display on classic or separate? And did any of you find it difficult at first to hit mixed doubles (white and black at the same time for example)?
well... this is for me

1) It really doesn't matter what key display you have it on. I can read fine on classic and separate. But, say if you want to play songs on Random, than go with separate. Plus, it kinda of helps you get used to reading IIDX note display.

2) Yes, its hard to do, but you will get used in due time, and with a shit load of practice and playing time.

and Songy, if you have trouble trying to read out the notes double, than selection "IIDX-double" which helps put the notes lay straight in the center.

I hope I said/explained myself correctly. =\
BBH
Trick Member
Trick Member

206. PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Complete Mix 2 had the "Separate" option that was added in 7th/Final (I think it was 7th?). I've played too much IIDX and keep getting mixed up with what to hit with only three displayed columns now. frown.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

207. PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i finally got to play Another, and damn, it was amazing. my friend and i did Hell Scaper Slashing Mix on 2 player (duh), and amazingly, i passed with flying colors. Freakout was awesome, and so was Watchingout.

ah, i love Another.
Trick Member
Trick Member

208. PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't pass anything in another mode yet.. frown.gif R3 on hard is hard enough, sadly I can't pass R3 in hard yet... I think I'll get a modchip for my PSX (model 9001) just so I don't have to drive two hours to play... Parents would have a problem with me owning an arcade machine... E10.gif (That and how would I get it downstairs...)
Trick Member
Trick Member

209. PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, for anyone who doesn't know how to unlock the songs in BM, before you press the 1P to begin the game, on the 2nd Player pad, press the bottom three keys in order, 9 on first, 8 on 2nd, and 8 on third. 9/8/8

biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

210. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves*

Hello everyone, I have no idea what the heck I'm talking about here so please be gentle. riiight.gif

Ok, basically in a nutshell...I am completely oblivious when it comes to knowing anything truthfully about Beatmania. I am interested in possibly buying IIDX (one of 'em, seems like 5th or 6th Style would be a good start), an official controller...and a swap magic set for my US Ps2.

The reason I'm posting in this thread is that I've never seen Beatmania...ever. Never seen anyone play it, never seen videos of people playing it, etc. I've been a DDR freak (no pun intended) forever but I've always wanted to get into the 'other' Bemani games and it seems like Beatmania is the most popular and widely available. I'm basically (thinking of) blindly buying a product I've never played before and diving headfirst just for the hell of it. E4.gif

So...I guess I'm looking for opinions/ideas/good starting points about it. Is it "all that and a bucket of wings", so to speak? Heh riiight.gif

I hope no one hates me for this post but I figured hopefully someone'll give me a step in the right direction. I've looked over some of the threads on here and I've looked at the faq...done some looking around on NCS, eBay etc.

Thanks in advance everyone E13.gif
DevilKhai IIDX
Trick Member
Trick Member

211. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, does anyone know the actual cost of A BM: The Final machine in $US?

I've been trying to convince local arcades in my area to get one, telling them it has as many songs as a IIDX machine, and a fraction of the cost. The downside, it's five key. But you know what? Nobody else is going to get a IIDX machine so I say deal with it and go for the next best thing. Too easy? Try Doubles, it made me alot better at IIDX by playing 5 key doubles. If your arcade has a BM:III or a Final machine, and knows how much they paid for it, I'd appriciate a reply.
Trick Member
Trick Member

212. PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is BM:III anyway? I have to decide which would be better for my local arcade that I work at and its a tossup between 2nd and 3rd. I'm still not sure if its IIDX yet.
Trick Member
Trick Member

213. PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hu i just played beatmania complete mix just a few days ago im startin to like it now
sl4ck0ff
Trick Member
Trick Member

214. PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alrite im new to beatmania home versions whats with the apend mixes i hear u need the original mix to play the apend mixes could some1 explain it to me pmif possible
hooded__paladin
Trick Member
Trick Member

215. PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to have a beatmania key disc and swap from that to your append to use the append. Beatmania key discs are 2nd mix (the first PSX game), Dreams Come True, 6th + Core Remix and Best Hits.
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

216. PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hooded__paladin wrote:
You need to have a beatmania key disc and swap from that to your append to use the append. Beatmania key discs are 2nd mix (the first PSX game), Dreams Come True, 6th + Core Remix and Best Hits.

You answered my question before I even asked it. biggrin.gif

Getting back into beatmania for real this time but I lost all my bootleg copies so I need to know which ones to buy. biggrin.gif
NiNjA LoPeZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

217. PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyong got a really good 2dx simulator?????
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

218. PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

219. PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Club mix hard to find or what???

I haven't seen one pop up on ebay.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: