Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Beatmania Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord, how is Double mode even supposed to be possible? I've got Euro Beatmania (which is excellent, by the way,) and I can do maybe 20% of the songs on Double. I can do all of them on single player mode. Double is completely insane. It would probably help a little if I could do IIDX Double mode like in 6th Mix, so I'm not watching opposite ends of the screen.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
CaptainYashiro
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed my first 7-star. Drunk Monkey. And I thought the foot ratings in DDR were strange....I can't even touch most of the other 7-stars. And why in God's name is Hell Scaper a 6-star song on Best Hits?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Eckostyle
Contributor
Contributor

22. PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. Those 7-star songs are fucking hard to do. I'd like to see someone pull of Hellscraper

Hardest I've pulled off so far was Freakout, a 5 star, after starting to play Beatmania last Saturday. Heh. I thought Beatmania would be "hard as hell" and "non-pick up and play" like everyone has told me. Maybe the challenge is coming soon.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played Beatmania today since my arcade just got 5th mix. I can do 2 stars on Beginner. Yay! Hehe. My fave song so far is the 2 star dancemania one...Need To Move Higher by The Dirty Boyz or something. It's good that it's so easy in the beginning. IIDX supposedly has a much harder learning curve. I'm glad it's awesome, as well as not being too intimidating.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Eckostyle
Contributor
Contributor

24. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its called The Only Way Is Up by The Kinky Boyz.

Gayyyyyy.........
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the only song I can do good on! *sob* jk. I wanna do some dj nagureo but Deep In You is a 6 star. that's the best song ever. And (I know this will shock everyone) I really wanna be able to do Logical Dash. I love that song!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
chubs
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still enjoy a good romp on the 'ol CM2 machine now and again, even though i have been playing IIDX much more now. i can finally pass do you love me soft landing mix pretty reliably now so if a CM2 doesn't have the song unlock code in i can play something hard. so far on singles the only songs i cant beat are ska a go go perfect mix, 321 stars another, drunk monkey another and.. i think i'm forgetting one other one, but yeah, 10 key is another story though... =X

edit: oh yeah, i cant beat genom screams spiritual mix
View users profile Send private message Send email
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! Beatmania is awesome.

I didn't even TOUCH it when I lived in Japan 5 years ago, but after playing it at a local arcade, and the simulators with my computer keyboard, I'm starting to turn from a ddr freak to a bemani freak.

I got the 2nd + append for the psx on the way, and soon i'll get a controller. I'm getting an ASCII one at a cheap price.

I figure it's best for me to get started with cheap 5 key beatmania, and if I really get into it, I'll go for IIDX.

I really like the characters for IIDX, they look awesome. Pop n Music is has really cool peeps too, but I've never even seen that game, just the graphix in DDREX.

I've only played 6th mix at the arcade, on the easy mode, but now that I've played a bit (quite a bit actually) on my computer, I think I can do better next time.
Eckostyle
Contributor
Contributor

28. PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, welcome aboard to the 5-key bus!

Oh, and Rugged Ash is a freaking fun song to do on 5th Mix. Try it out.
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the last time people, it's Hell Scaper not Scraper.
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technical question time!

I have a PS2 with a Messiah2 chip, and so PSX games have to be booted in a different way than normal. Will this keep me from playing any of the append discs?

Either way, I plan on ordering 6th + Core along with IIDX 6th Style, but it would be nice to be able to play the appends for 5-key.

FILTHY GOPHERS!

Random thoughts and memories in easy-to-read format!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Eckostyle
Contributor
Contributor

31. PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the Messiah 2 handles disc swapping alright, so you'll have no problem. Most modchip questions need to be asked in the Modchip sticky in DDR @ Home. They'll tell you more than I can.
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, does 6th Mix function as a key disc? I looked that the FAQ here and the various ones on GameFAQs, but neither said anything about it.

FILTHY GOPHERS!

Random thoughts and memories in easy-to-read format!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that one does. Off the top of my head, I think 1st Mix (Arcade Disc,) Sound of Tokyo, Best Hits, and 6th Mix are all acceptable key discs.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
MattScott
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cigy419876 wrote:
That's the only song I can do good on! *sob* jk. I wanna do some dj nagureo but Deep In You is a 6 star. that's the best song ever. And (I know this will shock everyone) I really wanna be able to do Logical Dash. I love that song!

Ugh, Deep in you is terrible. I hate it to death. The last measure always kills 30% off me.

I can do everything up to 4, a couple 5 and very little else on old BM, but I haven't even tried IIDX yet.

THE DISCOVERER OF LOUNGE DUB I DUB.
Seabed person. Name stands and stands Taro (the position * left) with Hanako (the position * right). Quite calm race.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
AKSC
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is a stupid question, yes.
For all music on CM2, you hit the white keys 9 times each, right? From left, middle and right? And I apologise for any inconvenience I may cause riiight.gif
strwberriblondi2
Basic Member
Basic Member

36. PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to buy the psx beatmania's, but all i can find are the append games. do the key discs come with the append as well?

and i know 2nd mix and 6th mix + core are key discs, im talking about 3rd-5th.
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you need to press them 9, 8, and 8 times, from left to right. The machine will show you a number 988 while it is booting up, which is your reminder of how many times to press what... And technically some model number or something, but just pretend they put it in to remind you ;)

Also, you need to do this on the 2P side.

-Crystal
View users profile Send private message
AKSC
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks happy.gif
Blackapino
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played beatmania IIDX for the first time last saturday. I cleared one 7 key song, but it was 2 stars. Is that good? I still do light 7. The best I've done on that is .59 and Paranoia Max. I though those were pretty hard.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: