Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What Happened to Beatspace.net?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: What Happened to Beatspace.net? Reply with quote

So, I was a fan of Beatspace.net, but a few months ago they disappeared with no word, notice, or anything. I know that it was being rather neglected for quite a while, but I thought that the idea the site embodied was a good one.

Does anyone know what happened to this place? Any words from Eric, the admin, or the rest of his crew?

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as far as I've seen, i checked it a few months ago but it's 404'ed and not come back since.....
Which is really depressing because it was an incredibly well laid out site.

Also, if you haven't noticed, dancegamingusa.com is gone, although that died a couple of months before beatspace.

Really, we need to get our community more close knit, rather than spreading it across multiple sites. At the moment, I'm guessing AIJ is the most active site for DDR, followed by bemanistyle.
Then here, then DDRUK.

Post in my topic suko, if it will load. Encourage people to post their hearts out!

I mean really, as I posted in DDRUK's revamp thread, some of the threads on these sites have as many as 800 views and 0 replies.

There's no wonder the community is dying when the players can't be arsed getting up and posting, let alone getting up to D D ARSE.
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric, I'm sorry to hear that. I really enjoyed Beatspace and liked how it tried to fuse MySpace with Bemani. But, I understand how you feel. Unfortunately it seems that ITG and DDR players continue to spread further apart in personality, attitudes, and acceptance of each other. Not to mention that the genre is getting very stale. I still love the game, but it's obvious that the genre is showing it's age. Perhaps new innovations like MTV's Dance Central could pull some people back (even if it's not with DDR or ITG).

Good luck to ya. I hope we can see something like Beatspace.net again in the future.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: