Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ddr arcade machine right speakers problem

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan1
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: ddr arcade machine right speakers problem Reply with quote

Hey,
I just got my first ddr arcade machine. It's pretty epic!! Sadly to say, when it was delivered I guess something broke or was loosened in shipment or something.

The sound only comes out of the left speaker and left base. I checked the cords, they all looked plugged in and were double checked when we assembled it. I'm a little clueless as to where the fuses are located for the speakers? Anyone know or had this problem before?

There's a silver box in the back where one white and red audio plug go into (coming from the CD player box below) but three red/white female receptacles on the box. I tried switching the plugs to these other inputs but still no fix.

The audio connector bunch (a bunch of thick red/black lines going to the different speakers) coming out of the silver box looks okay. So I'm wondering if it's inside the box? (I see a bunch of red/white cables inside it going from circuit board to circuit board).

This sound coming from one side is kinda bugging me, but other than that. The lights all work and it plays perfectly on both pads. Totally awesome experience owning one of these!!

p.s. hope I posted in the right section! Little confused at where to post this... thanks! erm.gif
dan riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message
dan1
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so a little update. I opened the ddr amplifer box hoping to find fuses, but instead, after a bit of switching red/white audio cables inside the box I got the left speaker / bass amp working and the right speaker BUT not the right bass amp.

So I ALMOST got all four speakers working...
Do the bass amps have their own fuses inside them?

How the heck do you open one other than taking the neon compartment out with all those darn screws?

wow. At least I'm stoked that the sound is coming from both speakers and one bass amp is better than none. E4.gif E4.gif
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I wish I could give you more advice, but I'm only knowledgeable on the inner workings of the pads and In the Groove cabs. I hope you find a solution soon.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
dan1
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, well thanks for replying!

I'm still hoping I might run across someone on this forum that knows.

Btw, I got around to playing this morning and LOVE IT!!! DDR so rocks! (Mind you, I'm still on lite mode.. working my way to standard). It's so much fun though with 3 speakers working out of the 4!!
Toraie
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you bought an arcade cabinet to /begin/ playing DDR? That...is pretty hardcore.
Would that I had the money to do the same. Until then, though, I'm quite content to go to the arcade or play at home on a passing good metal pad.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan1 wrote:
(Mind you, I'm still on lite mode.. working my way to standard). It's so much fun though with 3 speakers working out of the 4!!

Wow, most people worry about how much a red octane pad costs when they first start playing, but you just went straight to the source. =D

I hope you enjoy your game, DDR Extreme is considered by many to be the best Dance Dance Revolution arcade mix ever released, and I'm sure you can keep yourself busy playing that for years.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
dan1
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Extreme as the best? I was reading online about the lights being synced to the music but with newer versions like ddrx not so much anymore. That seems to be a little touch of detail that makes it fun -- but the graphics on the newer systems (and yes, dancing figures) seem really cool.

Yeah. I've owned ddr for the xbox 360 a while back, with foam pads it really just wasn't the same. So I saved up some money and bought an extreme. E4.gif There's something about the arcade cabinet that I just LOVE! (not to get too excited or anything... E13.gif)

I'm just hoping the guy living in the apartment next to me doesn't go balistic over the loud voiceovers "DDR!" "PERFECT!" "YOU'RE AWESOME" and those other comical lines. If so... was thinking I'd just invite him to play too. biggrin.gif
Slayer³
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No DDRX is much much worse.

The lights might work better, but the pads are terrible, sensor system is terrible (to shop the pads you have to unscrew EVERY screw, then left a thin sheet metal plate which covers both pads). The pads are wooden and thinner etc.

There's thread somewhere which shows all the badness.

(US version of course, the Jap. dedicabs are nice)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
dan1
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, btw, does anyone know a good way to turn off the arcade machines?

I've just been unplugging and re-plugging. There's a power switch in the coin box but it doesn't turn the screen off too.

Just want to make sure I don't damage the machine by unplugging all the time. laugh.gif
Eldaly
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to:
http://www.jeffrey1790.com/
You find a lot of manuals for the arcade machines.
Check manuals, especially wiring. This will help ya a lot! :-)
dan1
Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! THAT'S PERFECT! Seriously, I've been hoping for a manual of some sort. I bought it second hand and they didn't give me a manual or even WIRING DIAGRAMS (emphasized for acknowledgement of extreme happiness).

Sooooo stoked now! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Aoi-chan
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate how there's no more Arcade section in these forums...

First suggestion for your speaker problem, can you swap connections to make sure both sets of speakers of working (bass/treble). Basically, make sure both Bass speakers work, even if this means having the right sound going out of the left speakers.

If all 4 speakers are in working condition, you're looking at 2 potential problems.

1. Wiring issue.

2. Sound PCB has a bad IC chip or other component.

A common problem with the speakers not working is due to a failed IC chip in the Sound PCB. Something that you'd need to send in for repair.

The wiring problem might take a while to figure out. It could be a broken wire, missed connection, a failing wire/connector and the list goes on. Wiring issues are the most difficult to trace and repair.

Hope that helps and if you need to talk more, email me for quicker responses. ddrfreak is very slow now and with these new ads that pop up all the time...well, kinda sucks...

email: info@animefanzone.com
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: