Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

iDance, discuss....

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slayer³
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: iDance, discuss.... Reply with quote

http://www.idancegame.com/

According to their forums an arcade version has been announced.
From the site they programmed everything from scratch (no stepmania).
Looks interesting.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently working with the multi player version.

If you got questions about the multiplayer platform, or how you would like to see it used, just ask.
View users profile Send private message
Slayer³
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know anything about the arcade release?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I know of.

The only thing I can tell you that I heard was that the song list was going to be different than what is on the iDance multiplayer version.
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote this over on PG's discussion board. It's my input on what they should consider for iDance. I'll post it here to share with a wider audience. I haven't ironed out all of these ideas yet, but I felt they had potential to radically change the way the game is currently used/played. Constructive criticism is welcome.

Quote:

Have you considered having iDance connect to something like an iDance network? I envision it resembling the matchmaking mode for the DDR series on XBox Live, but instead of linking people for matches, perhaps if could link at-home users with an exercise group at the gym. Kind of like a web-seminar, but for workouts!

You could offer an iDance Home Version that can link up to do fitness routines with people or classes at local gyms.

I think this setup would be ideal for busy people who enjoy using the game at the gym, and enjoy the competition of playing with fellow people, but would be far too intimidated to play a DDR game with "pros" over XBox Live. The iDance home version could use existing console systems, or simply be a PC game which can connect to the internet and join "fitness groups" (i.e. servers), which are hosted at the gyms when an iDance class is in session. Then a person from home can continue to be remotely active with the fitness class and instructors. They would see the class's scores, and the class could see the at-home player's scores.

A modified version of this system could be used for the iDance arcade once it's released. It would allow players to host tournaments at one location while allowing people to compete remotely from adifferent arcade via the iDance network. In fact, using this idea, you could "link" two machines together and be able to have two players simultaneously play a doubles tournament at the same time! This has never been possible before in any dancing game that I'm aware of.

Also, having a webcam built into the iDance arcade cabinet would be awesome feature. I imagine it could save a compressed video format of the player taken with the webcam, and it could throw a picture-in-picture (think a news reporter with the headline video playing in the corner) of what it showed on the screen during the song that was just played. It sounds far fetched, but there're arcades with webcams setup just for this reason. I'm only posing suggestions that'd allow people to do it via a more automated process.

I've pushed the webcam idea a bit further. See the image below for an example of what I envision a webcam video looking like once saved to the memory card.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: