Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

So I bought my own machine

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mb41186
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: So I bought my own machine Reply with quote

I bought an 8th mix "namco" cabinet apparently off of ebay.. that runs on a playstation??

can anyone tell me anything about these machines?? I do plan on converting it to open ITG or stepmania machine.

has anyone done this? i've already talked to a few people but hey any more info would be welcome..

please no criticism I really didn't post this so people can flame.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could you pls post some pics of your machine?

If it can run on a playstation then its easy to make it run on a pc, so get oitg and start having some fun.
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, I made a thread asking practically the same question (but mine is a bit more general).

I am curious about your Namco cab though. Are the pads as good as a normal DDR machine's? How do they "connect" to the Playstation? Is it through a standard controller port or is it something totally different?

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
lord_diablo
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suko wrote:
Bah, I made a thread asking practically the same question (but mine is a bit more general).

I am curious about your Namco cab though. Are the pads as good as a normal DDR machine's? How do they "connect" to the Playstation? Is it through a standard controller port or is it something totally different?

Namco-cabs' pads are usually horrible compared to official cab even if they are maintenainced well. I'm not completely sure how the pads are connected to Playstation but I'm guessing it's some kind of jpac (or some other similar board) mod which changes the pad signals suitable for a normal Playstation. Can't be arsed to google the exact answer, I have seen several threads about Namco-cabs in the past with pictures and better explanations.
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a few good pics in the ITGfreak thread.

Awesome:

Here are some good vids displaying namco pads...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqQO59PrSKE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTrOxiWgGEQ
sayaman22
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same cabinet and am trying to change it into a stepmania cabinet. I have a computer, but my problem is that I have no idea how to connect the pc to the board. any help will be greatly appreciated!

Tips on making your Crapocab better: Adding thicker foam to these pads make them more sensitive. Also, getting a better amp helps with the sound problem. The jumpers on the board also change the coins/credit amount, but I don't remember the different settings. riiight.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: